NAD: Princeton Reverb

Discuss the stuff that makes your ears bleed.

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 1018 times
Been liked: 2492 times

Re: NAD: Princeton Reverb

Post by Slowy »

vinylguy wrote: Sat Oct 28, 2023 12:14 pm Great to see you are enjoying that amp Bruce, certainly seems to have seen more action since you have had it than it did in the whole time it lived here....
It's totally blown my acoustic only vibe. In fact, I'm playing the Strat every day and really enjoying it. This is unheard of! Two of my mainstay amps have already headed off to greener pastures and my pedalboards are making lonely, whimpering noises because I usually plug straight in..

There are times I'm speechless at how spectacularly clever I am! :rofl:

Well this one time... can't think of any others.

Thank you for letting me have it. :D
Beyond a critical point within a finite space, freedom diminishes as numbers increase. This is as true of humans as it is of gas molecules in a sealed flask. The human question is not how many can possibly survive within the system, but what kind of existence is possible for those who so survive.

KNNZ
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1778 times
Been liked: 667 times

Post by KNNZ »

what level (number) on the volume knob do you play at home?

vinylguy
Fender
Fender
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 52 times

Post by vinylguy »

Slowy wrote: Sat Oct 28, 2023 5:00 pm
vinylguy wrote: Sat Oct 28, 2023 12:14 pm Great to see you are enjoying that amp Bruce, certainly seems to have seen more action since you have had it than it did in the whole time it lived here....
It's totally blown my acoustic only vibe. In fact, I'm playing the Strat every day and really enjoying it. This is unheard of! Two of my mainstay amps have already headed off to greener pastures and my pedalboards are making lonely, whimpering noises because I usually plug straight in..

Glad that it has gone to a good home, conversely my acoustic vibe is advancing in leaps and bounds as my 00-28 is sounding better every day now that I am playing it regularly, it just keeps getting better and better. Of course it is only here until my Davy Stuart 00 arrives (if it ever does of course...)

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Slowy »

KNNZ wrote: Sat Oct 28, 2023 5:09 pm what level (number) on the volume knob do you play at home?
Anywhere between 5 and 10. Default is 5-6 but I love the amp dimed and controlled by guitar volume and picking dynamics too. Especially with a Telecaster.
Beyond a critical point within a finite space, freedom diminishes as numbers increase. This is as true of humans as it is of gas molecules in a sealed flask. The human question is not how many can possibly survive within the system, but what kind of existence is possible for those who so survive.

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Slowy »

vinylguy wrote: Sat Oct 28, 2023 6:41 pm

Glad that it has gone to a good home, conversely my acoustic vibe is advancing in leaps and bounds as my 00-28 is sounding better every day now that I am playing it regularly, it just keeps getting better and better. Of course it is only here until my Davy Stuart 00 arrives (if it ever does of course...)
A 00 is a thing of beauty that will only improve with love. I played a 000-42 last week that brought a lump to my throat. I also played a D18 Authentic that was spectacular. Both were brand new and they were two of the best Martins I've ever met. Where's $22,000 when you need it? :roll:

codedog
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 3493 times
Been liked: 1088 times

Post by codedog »

vinylguy wrote: Sat Oct 28, 2023 6:41 pm

There's a Davy Stuart TC6 on TM at the moment. This one has a bolt on neck, apparently. I wonder if all his acoustic guitars have that.
https://www.trademe.co.nz/4387713382

vinylguy
Fender
Fender
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 52 times

Post by vinylguy »

RE bolt on neck, not as far as I am aware.

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Slowy »

Right, I'm kinda conflicted by this. My amp is missing a Fender badge on the speaker grille...

'Of course it is, it's a MikeC recreation, not a Fender'.

Yeah, but......

So once again, I throw it to the wisdom of the Forum. If anyone has a proper badge available, I'll take it. If not , it was just insecure vanity anyway and I'll get over it.

My Strat is leaning permanently against the Princeton. No other guitar is getting a look in. I still don't know what the Eastman sounds like through it. Every time I reach for it the Strat bares its teeth and snarls.

And now I've found a video on 'the perfect pedalboard for a Princeton'. :roll:
Strangely, I have most of the recommended ones already.

For a while there, It was six strings on a wooden box.
Simpler times.....

TmcB
I may have a problem
Has liked: 657 times
Been liked: 561 times

Post by TmcB »

Just get one from fendershop.co.nz

I totally would!
GrantB wrote:Tony, your taste is, as always, very refined. Or as HG would say, "bloody awful".
Family Music Store - http://familymusic.co.nz

Candeevr4
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 265 times

Post by Candeevr4 »

StrummersOfThunder
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 827 times
Been liked: 1316 times

Post by StrummersOfThunder »

Slowy wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 8:06 pm Right, I'm kinda conflicted by this. My amp is missing a Fender badge on the speaker grille...

'Of course it is, it's a MikeC recreation, not a Fender'.

Yeah, but......

So once again, I throw it to the wisdom of the Forum. If anyone has a proper badge available, I'll take it. If not , it was just insecure vanity anyway and I'll get over it.

My Strat is leaning permanently against the Princeton. No other guitar is getting a look in. I still don't know what the Eastman sounds like through it. Every time I reach for it the Strat bares its teeth and snarls.

And now I've found a video on 'the perfect pedalboard for a Princeton'. :roll:
Strangely, I have most of the recommended ones already.

For a while there, It was six strings on a wooden box.
Simpler times.....
I found one in my drawer yesterday. Il post it to you
Decision made

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Has liked: 7744 times
Been liked: 4187 times

Post by jeremyb »

I can 3d print you a Marshall one, be the punk you know you are.
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Slowy »

StrummersOfThunder wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 9:19 pm

I found one in my drawer yesterday. Il post it to you
Decision made
Thanks Ants!
Having once called out Grantb for putting a Fender logo on his home build, does anyone have recommendations for condiments to accompany humble pie?

Bg
Site Admin
Has liked: 2265 times
Been liked: 3910 times

Post by Bg »

Yes, one whole scotch bonnet

Pretty sure I added the necessary land on the baffle to take a logo, doesn’t look right without
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

Cdog
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 3498 times
Been liked: 715 times

Post by Cdog »

Ha. I have had two logos sitting here to put on my backface head and cab (diy clone) for the last few years. Have gottin used to the non logo look now