Bluetooth device for practicing?

Discuss the stuff that makes your ears bleed.

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

Reg18
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 318 times
Been liked: 935 times

Bluetooth device for practicing?

Post by Reg18 »

Trying to find the right solution to jamming along to YouTube etc.
Currently I have a Vox Adio Air GT for this purpose which is ok but I’d rather have a mini 2 ch mixer with Bluetooth fitted under my board somewhere which can mix in phone audio via Bluetooth and the pedalboard with a level for each and a headphone out. Does anyone know of a product like this?
Or wondering if it’s possible to build something like this with a Bluetooth module?

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Has liked: 7742 times
Been liked: 4186 times

Re: Bluetooth device for practicing?

Post by jeremyb »

Maybe the Roland Go Mixer? I was tempted by the pro one a while ago, I think the audio is USB cable only though... if I do it now I either use my Spark or just a bluetooth speaker, or direct into my interface with a plugin.
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

Reg18
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Reg18 »

jeremyb wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 5:08 pm Maybe the Roland Go Mixer? I was tempted by the pro one a while ago, I think the audio is USB cable only though... if I do it now I either use my Spark or just a bluetooth speaker, or direct into my interface with a plugin.
Hadn’t seen that one, although really hoping for Bluetooth without special adapters etc.
would one of these Bluetooth headphone amps work? I’m
Wondering if it’s still single channel though, so either Bluetooth or line in, not both at the same time, anyone know?

My Vox Adio Air GT is basically the equivalent of the dark and is useful, just missing the proper delays and verbs from my pedalboard and can’t be bothered dragging it all out every time I’m practicing.

https://a.aliexpress.com/_mMnuDrA

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs

Post by jeremyb »

Hang on a sec, you've got a HX Stomp eh? why not use that? unless you're using both inputs you could put a bluetooth audio receiver on one input and it has headphone out :-)
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

Reg18
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Reg18 »

jeremyb wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 6:23 pm Hang on a sec, you've got a HX Stomp eh? why not use that? unless you're using both inputs you could put a bluetooth audio receiver on one input and it has headphone out :-)
Tried that but it’s a mushy phasey mess, I think I’d need to mix them separately at the outputs as apposed to blending it all together? Due to the verbs coming from the HX itself, the FX loop is also taken up by my volante.
I am using both ins currently but would happily sacrifice one for a good solution if I could find one.

I even tried going out from
The HX into a little Bluetooth amp thing I have and using the headphones out of that but it was still terrible, I’m guessing the solution is 2 Sep channels from a mixer?

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs

Post by jeremyb »

Reg18 wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 6:54 pm
jeremyb wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 6:23 pm Hang on a sec, you've got a HX Stomp eh? why not use that? unless you're using both inputs you could put a bluetooth audio receiver on one input and it has headphone out :-)
Tried that but it’s a mushy phasey mess, I think I’d need to mix them separately at the outputs as apposed to blending it all together? Due to the verbs coming from the HX itself, the FX loop is also taken up by my volante.
I am using both ins currently but would happily sacrifice one for a good solution if I could find one.

I even tried going out from
The HX into a little Bluetooth amp thing I have and using the headphones out of that but it was still terrible, I’m guessing the solution is 2 Sep channels from a mixer?
Yeah a mini mixer and maybe a bluetooth audio receiver plugged into it if you can't find one that natively supports it :-)

jimi
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 845 times
Been liked: 359 times

Post by jimi »

Waza headphones- plug the wireless dongle to the end of your pedal board and play backing tracks via Bluetooth.

https://www.rockshop.co.nz/boss-waza-ai ... ing-system

I don’t even bother with a pedalboard, so can practice with no amp noise from any where. If anything it spoils me because the mix is so much better than I will ever get on stage. Have barely plugged in to an amp at home since getting them.

robthemac
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1108 times
Been liked: 1424 times

Post by robthemac »

I've been through a bunch of options and haven't enjoyed any of them. Have resorted to littering my trail with tube amps. If I go down this path again, I'll bite the bullet for the Waza Air option.
Jops wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 7:46 am Spring is the comic sans of reverbs anyway.

Reg18
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Reg18 »

After some experimenting I did find a work around, required taking my Volante out of the HX Stomp loop and then plugging a Bluetooth adapter into the fx loop therefore being able to shift it to after all fx in the Chain. Seemed to work well, I cant understand why using the same Bluetooth adapter coming out of the output jack of the HX was so different? I did put it on path B to keep it more out of the way of the guitar signal, maybe it’s as simple as that?