That BF Super Reverb at Cadenza…..?

Discuss the stuff that makes your ears bleed.

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 7742 times
Been liked: 4186 times

Re: That BF Super Reverb at Cadenza…..?

Post by jeremyb »

Well he's not registered as a director or shareholder of a company in NZ and Cadenza Guitars isn't registered as a business either so my guess is he's part of a Mossad honey trap to capture mild mannered guitar nerds to create some kind of super band who will be used as part of a mass mind control experiment over the masses!
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

GrantB
ADMIN
Has liked: 1362 times
Been liked: 2100 times

Post by GrantB »

We may want to avoid any potential defamation suits - please keep dialogue away from those rocky reefs.
"Man is the most insane species. He worships an invisible god and destroys a visible nature. Unaware that this nature he's destroying is this god he's worshipping." - Hubert Reeves

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs

Post by jeremyb »

GrantB wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:41 am We may want to avoid any potential defamation suits - please keep dialogue away from those rocky reefs.
Standard disclaimer applies, all opinions are satirical in nature and not presented as truth.
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

kdawg2a
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 240 times
Been liked: 1047 times

Post by kdawg2a »

Auckland director of a large Italian financial company?
1935 Martin D-45, 1942 Gibson Southern Jumbo,1950 Fender Broadcaster, 1954 Fender Strat, 1958 Gibson Moderne prototype, 1959 Gibson Les Paul Standard.
1958 Fender twin, 1965 Vox AC30, 1966 Marshall JTM 45, 1977 Dumble OD Special.
Big black garbage bag full of original Klon Centaurs and TS808s.

murky
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 276 times
Been liked: 297 times

Post by murky »

GrantB wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:41 am We may want to avoid any potential defamation suits - please keep dialogue away from those rocky reefs.
“Who cares, it’s the last time….”: Ricky Gervais

NZTone.e
Fender
Fender
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 41 times

Post by NZTone.e »

Genuine question, is that something that happens in NZ?

I thought it was just on TV and in America!

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1018 times
Been liked: 2491 times

Post by Slowy »

kdawg2a wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:01 am
Slowy wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:29 am
kdawg2a wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:52 am

Oooo.... Intriguing! I know he used to have some pro looking photos of himself up on the wall behind the counter. I wonder if he wrote one absolutely awful number 1 hit ( that he'd never admit to) and still lives off the royalties?!
It's possible. He's actually a monster player when he can be bothered.
Maybe we should do a 'Speculation of Ed Pausmas passive income ' thread? Could be a lot of fun. I'd put forward that he was gun running in the 80s for a band of political rebels in South America.
Or i could be boring and simply ask Kerry Adams.
But your idea sounds more fun 😁
Beyond a critical point within a finite space, freedom diminishes as numbers increase. This is as true of humans as it is of gas molecules in a sealed flask. The human question is not how many can possibly survive within the system, but what kind of existence is possible for those who so survive.

GrantB
ADMIN
Has liked: 1362 times
Been liked: 2100 times

Post by GrantB »

NZTone.e wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:44 pm

To the extent that it would be proper serious, very unlikely. But I do recall us having to acknowledge a request from someone that we stop talking about them and their business. Long time ago now.

We can still bitch about service and real world issues based on our own experience though...
"Man is the most insane species. He worships an invisible god and destroys a visible nature. Unaware that this nature he's destroying is this god he's worshipping." - Hubert Reeves

WellyBlues
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 524 times
Been liked: 354 times

Post by WellyBlues »

I don't like this freeform speculation about someone's life, even if it is designed to be a bit silly or patently outrageous. Speculating about someone's life or background is, in my view, incredibility intrusive into their life. It puts us close to the level of the online speculators regarding the Duke of this, Duchess of that, Prince/Princess, (in)famous person, etc.

I wouldn't like it done to me.
Slowy wrote: Ultimately though, guitars are like women. On paper there's not much difference but only a few can make you happy.
Ray Wylie Hubbard wrote: And the days that I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations Well, I have really good days

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs

Post by jeremyb »

WellyBlues wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:25 pm I don't like this freeform speculation about someone's life, even if it is designed to be a bit silly or patently outrageous. Speculating about someone's life or background is, in my view, incredibility intrusive into their life. It puts us close to the level of the online speculators regarding the Duke of this, Duchess of that, Prince/Princess, (in)famous person, etc.

I know you value your privacy after your long career as an exotic dancer and I will do my best to not cast aspersions on others character from now on :thumbup:

WellyBlues
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 524 times
Been liked: 354 times

Post by WellyBlues »

jeremyb wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:42 pm
WellyBlues wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:25 pm I don't like this freeform speculation about someone's life, even if it is designed to be a bit silly or patently outrageous. Speculating about someone's life or background is, in my view, incredibility intrusive into their life. It puts us close to the level of the online speculators regarding the Duke of this, Duchess of that, Prince/Princess, (in)famous person, etc.

I know you value your privacy after your long career as an exotic dancer and I will do my best to not cast aspersions on others character from now on :thumbup:
The exotic dancer career is fine, it's just the uneventful afterlife of irrelevance that I want nobody to find out about.
Slowy wrote: Ultimately though, guitars are like women. On paper there's not much difference but only a few can make you happy.
Ray Wylie Hubbard wrote: And the days that I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations Well, I have really good days

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Slowy »

NZTone.e wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:44 pm

Genuine answer: We have no idea and even less desire to find out.
Beyond a critical point within a finite space, freedom diminishes as numbers increase. This is as true of humans as it is of gas molecules in a sealed flask. The human question is not how many can possibly survive within the system, but what kind of existence is possible for those who so survive.

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Slowy »

In retrospect, I did encourage this; thoughtless of me. I've known Ed for decades and we get on well when we see each other but I agree completely with you.

I stand rebuked. :oops:

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Slowy »

Getting back to the Super Reverb: I spent a lot of time with the Super Reverb owned by Rob Magnus. He used it in the Blue Rhythm Hounds and I think the Pink Flamingoes as well.

My question is, what on earth are you doing that requires that much amp?

murky
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 276 times
Been liked: 297 times

Post by murky »

Slowy wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:22 pm
My question is, what on earth are you doing that requires that much amp?
Downsizing.

Obviously.