That BF Super Reverb at Cadenza…..?

Discuss the stuff that makes your ears bleed.

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

StrummersOfThunder
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 827 times
Been liked: 1316 times

Re: That BF Super Reverb at Cadenza…..?

Post by StrummersOfThunder »

murky wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:08 pm
Slowy wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:22 pm
My question is, what on earth are you doing that requires that much amp?
Downsizing.

Obviously.
Best answer in NZG history
Period

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1018 times
Been liked: 2492 times

Post by Slowy »

murky wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:08 pm
Slowy wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:22 pm
My question is, what on earth are you doing that requires that much amp?
Downsizing.

Obviously.
Respect.
:thumbup:
Beyond a critical point within a finite space, freedom diminishes as numbers increase. This is as true of humans as it is of gas molecules in a sealed flask. The human question is not how many can possibly survive within the system, but what kind of existence is possible for those who so survive.

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Has liked: 7744 times
Been liked: 4187 times

Post by jeremyb »

Amps like the super reverb are going to become popular again now that youtubers like Chris Buck and the like are latching onto amps like the Concert... could be a nice wee investment?

Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

werdna
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 594 times
Been liked: 460 times

Post by werdna »

kdawg2a wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:01 am
Slowy wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:29 am
kdawg2a wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:52 am

Oooo.... Intriguing! I know he used to have some pro looking photos of himself up on the wall behind the counter. I wonder if he wrote one absolutely awful number 1 hit ( that he'd never admit to) and still lives off the royalties?!
It's possible. He's actually a monster player when he can be bothered.
Maybe we should do a 'Speculation of Ed Pausmas passive income ' thread? Could be a lot of fun. I'd put forward that he was gun running in the 80s for a band of political rebels in South America.
He was previously based on KRoad and earned his wealth from giving hand relief in the back of cars.
In life, don't sweat the petty stuff, and don't pet the sweaty stuff.

goldtop0
Squier
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 115 times

Post by goldtop0 »

Seriously though folks, he worked at the then Mainline Music(Takapuna) for a few years back in the '90s with Frank John and Alan Lavis, a monster player as are the other two guys, possesses a good dry sense of humour, loves his gear and it's hard to prize it from him. Has a wealth of knowledge about guitars that are around the country, a very interesting man to talk with, has dealt with luminaries in his time.
Doin' that scrapyard thing.

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Slowy »

goldtop0 wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 3:50 pm Seriously though folks, he worked at the then Mainline Music(Takapuna) for a few years back in the '90s with Frank John and Alan Lavis, a monster player as are the other two guys, possesses a good dry sense of humour, loves his gear and it's hard to prize it from him. Has a wealth of knowledge about guitars that are around the country, a very interesting man to talk with, has dealt with luminaries in his time.
I once took a Luminary to Eddie's shop. Even he couldn't prise a guitar out of Ed. :lol:
Beyond a critical point within a finite space, freedom diminishes as numbers increase. This is as true of humans as it is of gas molecules in a sealed flask. The human question is not how many can possibly survive within the system, but what kind of existence is possible for those who so survive.

StrummersOfThunder
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

goldtop0 wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 3:50 pm Seriously though folks, he worked at the then Mainline Music(Takapuna) for a few years back in the '90s with Frank John and Alan Lavis, a monster player as are the other two guys, possesses a good dry sense of humour, loves his gear and it's hard to prize it from him. Has a wealth of knowledge about guitars that are around the country, a very interesting man to talk with, has dealt with luminaries in his time.
I remember frank . Lovely guy. When I was a young lad I worked a few shifts at the local music stores. Frank was on the scene . Got me into my first real bass guitar.

goldtop0
Squier

Post by goldtop0 »

Slowy wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 4:43 pm
I once took a Luminary to Eddie's shop. Even he couldn't prise a guitar out of Ed. :lol:

That sounds about right :lol:

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Slowy »

StrummersOfThunder wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 7:12 pm
I remember frank . Lovely guy. When I was a young lad I worked a few shifts at the local music stores. Frank was on the scene . Got me into my first real bass guitar.
Frank moved to New Plymouth. He's spending more time away from the store these days.

StrummersOfThunder
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Frank bought a heater

goldtop0
Squier

Post by goldtop0 »

Slowy wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 4:49 am
StrummersOfThunder wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 7:12 pm
Frank moved to New Plymouth. He's spending more time away from the store these days.

He's been down there for years managing the Rockshop. He and his offsider Erin play some great stuff together, such a good man ah!!

AiRdAd
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 698 times

Post by AiRdAd »

I know Frank really well too, he's a lovely guy 😊
Slowy wrote: To Danny, everyone is either a supplier, customer or a courier.