[b]Bass Combo Recommendations Anyone???[/b]

Discuss the stuff that makes your ears bleed.

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

Rog
The Self-Proclaimed Voice of Reason
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 66 times

Post by Rog »

I'm an old school bassist - I don't use fx...
He hit a chord that rocked the spinet and disappeared into the infinite ...

foal30
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 608 times
Been liked: 946 times

Post by foal30 »

thanks Timi, I think I understand what you mean.

my Ashdown has a Sub ( or Octave down / octova bassa) built in. Does this mean If I enact it it occurs after my pedals.

but if I put the pedals through the effects loop, it happens before?

I not use the loop because the instructions that came with the wah said" plug in the front dude".

hopefully not testing anyone's patience here, sorry.

also Genz Benz
Music Works may have these still...
I only use one in shop being noisy...pretty bright
at least 200W
blendable tube ans SS I think.

mike_s
Stagg
Stagg

Post by mike_s »

I recently bought this markbass combo $1880 incl gst. http://www.jansen.co.nz/product.php?b=2 ... ku=CMD121H after trying out eden and some stuff at the rockshop. It has all of what you want except for the headphone socket.

I thought the markbass was streets ahead of the others, especially in terms of eveness, fatness and punch. But I like to have a good balance across all strings, I don't like a gigantic E if the G sounds tiny, that may not bother you. I have yet to use it in anger at a gig, & though it seems plenty loud enough, I don't know if it break up and if so in a good or bad way. I thought eden was totally lacking in character. Have used Ashdown before and it seemed pretty good value for $.

The Markbass stuff is ridiculously lightweight, I still cannot believe how good it sounds for the weight...things have come a long way in the last 10 years! But you gotta get out there and try few things out.