small amps: circular fad?

Discuss the stuff that makes your ears bleed.

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

Hot_Grits
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 5 times

Post by Hot_Grits »

Of course, it helps to have a pretty wide definition of what a good sound can constitute. I'm much more a lover than a hater. After all, it's art. Context is everything.

Personally I'm just glad that someone's finally recognised my genius. I've been gearing up to give guitar lessons for some time, but I haven't contemplated widening the arena to such esoterica as making assumptions about other peoples' equipment. But hey, if there's a market...
jeremyb wrote: Is it true about the bum sex before marriage thing being ok?

thehenderson
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by thehenderson »

toneman wrote:hot grits said......

haha, I'm your man. And I stand by what I said. Of course, it's a general guideline: as you point out, someone could rock up to a gig with what appears to be very nice gear and have bung tubes and rooted speakers, and occasionally there's someone who pulls a great sound out of a rig you've never heard sound good under any other circumstances, but overall surprises are very occasional. Price or boutiquicity has very little to do with my definition of 'a good rig' though.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hahaha I new you'd pick up on this thread sooner or later :-)

I stand by what I said........ I pissed my pants with laughter and I think you're a goddam genius :roll:

now ya have to teach me master yoda how to do that thing..... ya know..... look at gear onstage and ....... know..... :-)

is it like a connection between you and the tube and possibly the instruments magnetic pull? from front of house that you some how...... become the the sound that has yet to burst forth from the Speaker?

:roll:

ROFLMAO and pissin ma pantz
A forum already exists for that brand of sarcasm, forums.punkas.com

AmpShop
CustomAudioThingz

Post by AmpShop »

thehenderson wrote:
toneman wrote:hot grits said......

haha, I'm your man. And I stand by what I said. Of course, it's a general guideline: as you point out, someone could rock up to a gig with what appears to be very nice gear and have bung tubes and rooted speakers, and occasionally there's someone who pulls a great sound out of a rig you've never heard sound good under any other circumstances, but overall surprises are very occasional. Price or boutiquicity has very little to do with my definition of 'a good rig' though.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hahaha I new you'd pick up on this thread sooner or later :-)

I stand by what I said........ I pissed my pants with laughter and I think you're a goddam genius :roll:

now ya have to teach me master yoda how to do that thing..... ya know..... look at gear onstage and ....... know..... :-)

is it like a connection between you and the tube and possibly the instruments magnetic pull? from front of house that you some how...... become the the sound that has yet to burst forth from the Speaker?

:roll:

ROFLMAO and pissin ma pantz
A forum already exists for that brand of sarcasm, forums.punkas.com
LOAL
THE AMP SHOP LTD
Boutique Amplifiers, Guitars & Effects
Repairs, Modifications & Custom Work
http://www.ampshop.co.nz

toneman
Stagg
Stagg

Post by toneman »

lol hey custom audio...... dont tell me you too can tell a warm speaker from front of house just by lookin at the gear on stage ? hahahah

oh sorry thats right let me have ya creds and I'll obviously believe you not

in all seriousness any person on this forum that says they can tell whether they or not some ones gonna sound good or not by the gear they have on stage is a cock head plain and simple

so custom audio....... sarcasim aside ........ only a cock makes comments like that and unfortunatley you too fit that category :-) get the pic brother? no sarcasim there in my response to ya post :-) lotsa smileys tho :-)

learn to take the piss audio

thehenderson
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by thehenderson »

forums.punkas.com

Whether or not you had a point, the way you said that made you seem aggressive

toneman
Stagg
Stagg

Post by toneman »

Audio made the point of comiing across as a soft cock nice guy by using the word "sarcasim and making reference to a web site not to mention after me takin the piss outta hot grits with regards to hot grits ability to tell whether or not a bands gonna sound any good by their gear on stage

so hence my response was with out sarcasim to audio........ with regards to this - unfortunately you have read me as being aggresssive thats a shame given the fact that this is merely font typed on a screen in a non threatening manner..... how ever if thats how you interpret it then so be it..... but remember Ive gone to the trouble of explaining myself

again read the posting before making comments which go back to the Boutique amp posting I made before you make your commments :-)

AmpShop
CustomAudioThingz

Post by AmpShop »

Yeah, I'm not sure there was much of a point there either ...

Toneman, you're responding to what post? The one above where I wrote LOAL, a joke intended in response to thehenderson, who like me is a punkas forum member?

I dunno, I thought I had at least some ability to take the piss ... tell you what though, if you've never met me, never spoken with me, read a couple of posts and you can tell I'm a cock then a) I must be doing something right and b) you've got yourself a gift that rivals being able to tell how an amp sounds by looking at it.
THE AMP SHOP LTD

rocklander
no offense, but I'm not a guitarist

Post by rocklander »

just so I get this straight then toneman... you've called someone a soft-cock, but it's not meant in an aggressive way.. is that right :? can you tell me what way you did mean it? perhaps it's complimentary? maybe xmas celebratory way?
Some Bozo wrote:dogs represent the qualities we like to see in a friend, and cats represent the qualites we'd like to be able to get away with in ourselves :D
.__
. __\___
. _____D)
. __)
. __)
.__)pull my finger

stagepass

AmpShop
CustomAudioThingz

Post by AmpShop »

toneman wrote:Audio made the point of comiing across as a soft cock nice guy by using the word "sarcasim and making reference to a web site
Ummm ... thehenderson wrote the word sarcasm and made reference to the punkas forum, not me.
THE AMP SHOP LTD

Hot_Grits
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Hot_Grits »

CustomAudioBoutique wrote:Yeah, I'm not sure there was much of a point there either ...

Toneman, you're responding to what post? The one above where I wrote LOAL, a joke intended in response to thehenderson, who like me is a punkas forum member?

I dunno, I thought I had at least some ability to take the piss ... tell you what though, if you've never met me, never spoken with me, read a couple of posts and you can tell I'm a cock then a) I must be doing something right and b) you've got yourself a gift that rivals being able to tell how an amp sounds by looking at it.
Hey! - quit belittling my gift!

-Guys, I smell a troll. I figure there's plenty of ways this guy can take the piss in person if he wants. As everyone knows, I'll talk amps with anyone, anytime...

AmpShop
CustomAudioThingz

Post by AmpShop »

INTERNET: FUCKING SERIOUS BUSINESS

I'm going to go visit some friends and get drunk now.
THE AMP SHOP LTD

toneman
Stagg
Stagg

Post by toneman »

ooops apologies audio

Hot_Grits
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Hot_Grits »

Pulling this thread somewhat back to topic, I'm curious to hear from you guys what higher-end/custom shop/boutique amps you've heard and were disappointed by. What high-price amps didn't do it for you and why?

thehenderson
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by thehenderson »

It's weird to find trolling on nzguitars, never really been much of that around these parts

Tulip
Ashton
Ashton

Post by Tulip »

Well, I've learned something. I had to google "forums.punkas.com" and "trolling", but I think I understand a bit better now.

Anyway, the point of my post?

This is (usually) a nice friendly place to visit, and . . .

we all know what happens to kiddies who don't play nice . . . . . :wink: