Which to boost?

Discuss the stuff that makes your ears bleed.

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

Bg
Site Admin
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 2265 times
Been liked: 3910 times

Which to boost?

Post by Bg »

The laney I'm currently using has pull-out switches for treble boost, mid boost and bass boost as well as a pull-out switch to add in an extra gain stage (kind of like a dirty channel). So far the dirty boost is footswitchable as well as the reverb... I've just chucked another socket in the chassis so which should I make footswitchable? mid/bass/treble? Or all three :twisted:
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

dc
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 39 times
Been liked: 141 times

Re: Which to boost?

Post by dc »

If I were you I'd throw it away and go solid state. Matter of fact I've got a nice Microcube that'd suit your style.

Bg
Site Admin

Post by Bg »

yeah its rubbish... especially since I've just fixed the fading out problem and fitted a Vintage 30 speaker into it :lol:
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

Some Bozo
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Been liked: 2 times

Post by Some Bozo »

bluesgeek wrote:The laney I'm currently using has pull-out switches for treble boost, mid boost and bass boost as well as a pull-out switch to add in an extra gain stage (kind of like a dirty channel). So far the dirty boost is footswitchable as well as the reverb... I've just chucked another socket in the chassis so which should I make footswitchable? mid/bass/treble? Or all three :twisted:
What happens if you boost bass, mid, and treble ? Everything louder than everything else ?
"You know something's gone badly wrong with the world when Prince has stopped singing about sex, and Morrissey has started."

Bg
Site Admin

Post by Bg »

Some Bozo wrote:
bluesgeek wrote:The laney I'm currently using has pull-out switches for treble boost, mid boost and bass boost as well as a pull-out switch to add in an extra gain stage (kind of like a dirty channel). So far the dirty boost is footswitchable as well as the reverb... I've just chucked another socket in the chassis so which should I make footswitchable? mid/bass/treble? Or all three :twisted:
What happens if you boost bass, mid, and treble ? Everything louder than everything else ?
its insane :eek:

Capt. Black
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 168 times
Been liked: 251 times

Post by Capt. Black »

Its insaney

Bg
Site Admin

Post by Bg »

whoops, I've just hit buy now on a Laney 100 watt head - now that wil be really insaney!!!

dc
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 39 times
Been liked: 141 times

Post by dc »

Sigh...

Bg
Site Admin

Post by Bg »

dc wrote:Sigh...
:lol: :twisted: got to keep up with James 8x10 somehow *cough*

Bg
Site Admin

Post by Bg »

due to lack of interest, I ended up doing the mid-boost :) very tasty! :lol: Perhaps I should have asked which would look better written on the footswitch :lol:

TMG 03
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by TMG 03 »

A nice collection of Laney's starting to form there I see. Did you get rid of the 3 Bassman clones.

Bg
Site Admin

Post by Bg »

nah I still have the 150 watter :eek: