Greenstone JSN880

Discuss the stuff that makes your ears bleed.

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

Danger Mouse
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 353 times
Been liked: 663 times

Greenstone JSN880

Post by Danger Mouse »

So a week on Monday, it finally gets delivered!

Some of you may need to refresh your memories, as the project has taken a liiiiiiiiitle longer than was originally planned, but for me the wait has been worth it. This is the amp Rob and his band of mad geniuses (genii?) have designed for me, to my somewhat exacting standards. The project turned out even better than I had hoped. I have not heard the final amp, it should be the same as the prototype 2 just even better (better construction, higher-grade components etc).

To say I'm excited is an understatement to say the least, I'm desperate to play through this amp. I think you guys need to play through this amp too. So I will finally make it to a geatfest in Auckland! I'd like to spend some time working through the various sounds the amp can do (it has some serious sonic variation you can dial in, this is no 5150 one-trick pony), come up with a few riffs and bits I can play to demo it's capabilities and show it off. Then anyone who wants a go can plug in and see what they can get out of it.

Only downside to the amp is it is unlikely Rob and Co. will ever build another one like it, unless you wave lots and lots of cash in his face. I'm fine with that, ha ha. But it will showcase what those guys are capable of and in those terms, it is a very impressive product. You could take elements of it, like putting the clean section into a 2x12 combo for an awesome blues amp, but this particular amp is likely to stay a one-off.

So roll on Monday week... 8)
The older I get, the more disappointed in myself I become.

Bg
Site Admin
Has liked: 2265 times
Been liked: 3910 times

Re: Greenstone JSN880

Post by Bg »

two years in the making? sweet ;)
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

Danger Mouse
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Danger Mouse »

Well as it stands, it will be about 18 months... original plan was 3 though.

A fair chunk of the delay was from them having to meet my need for silly amounts of pre-amp gain, but they have done a fantastic job so well worth the extra wait.

Tsuken
In the Name of Vai

Post by Tsuken »

Major coolness. 8) I hope there'll be some recorded sound-ness for those of us who can't be at the gearfest
My twitting tweets of twitterness

@ash lol/RT "@ChelseaVPeretti Had fun in the Cinema Tent tonight w @adultswim @robcorddry #bonnaroo #fonz #hottubtimemachineintonationjokes #childrenshospital #mud #pee" //by @Jenesis

Here be bloggins

Danger Mouse
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Danger Mouse »

Definitely! My brother, who is in the UK, really wants to hear some recorded samples and I think it would be great for Rob and Co. to have stuff they could put on a website. So will roll it into a decent studio at some point and record some soundbites.