TmcB
I may have a problem
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 682 times
Been liked: 577 times

Re: Pedals Of Epicness

Post by TmcB »

robthemac wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2023 12:02 pm
TmcB wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2023 11:37 am DIG v1 is a spectacular pedal.

Sounds better to my ears than the v2.
Got it in a trade to give it a whirl but it’s a keeper - absolutely gorgeous washy delay
Glad to hear it's being enjoyed!
Absolutely love it, thank you 🤩!
GrantB wrote:Tony, your taste is, as always, very refined. Or as HG would say, "bloody awful".
Family Music Store - http://familymusic.co.nz

TmcB
I may have a problem

Post by TmcB »

robthemac wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2023 12:01 pm
NZTone.e wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2023 11:46 am Yip, it was very good, and trying hard not to buy the Bluesky Slowy is selling on behalf of, I don’t think the features of V2 are worth the extra money…
It's only the MIDI control for those of us that way inclined.
V2 Bluesky is probably the only one I’d take over the v1 (as I want stereo, not midi) - I like the shimmer being on a knob vs a switched mode.

Oh yeah, NPD - I have a Cloudburst. It’s excellent although I wish that it had two mono outputs instead of the TRS out - getting appropriate length cables with flat right angles is proving to be quite laborious. Incredibly clever how below noon on the decay knob they drastically adjust the algorithm to make it sound excellent at short settings, then switch out to the cavernous cloud after noon. Having the medium ensemble level be adjustable to taste is extremely useful although still a work around for not having the ensemble on a knob instead of a switch.
GrantB wrote:Tony, your taste is, as always, very refined. Or as HG would say, "bloody awful".

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Has liked: 7906 times
Been liked: 4256 times

Post by jeremyb »

TmcB wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2023 12:45 pm
NZTone.e wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2023 11:46 am Yip, it was very good, and trying hard not to buy the Bluesky Slowy is selling on behalf of, I don’t think the features of V2 are worth the extra money…
V2 Bluesky is probably the only one I’d take over the v1 (as I want stereo, not midi) - I like the shimmer being on a knob vs a switched mode.

Oh yeah, NPD - I have a Cloudburst. It’s excellent although I wish that it had two mono outputs instead of the TRS out - getting appropriate length cables with flat right angles is proving to be quite laborious. Incredibly clever how below noon on the decay knob they drastically adjust the algorithm to make it sound excellent at short settings, then switch out to the cavernous cloud after noon. Having the medium ensemble level be adjustable to taste is extremely useful although still a work around for not having the ensemble on a knob instead of a switch.
I had to make my own TRS to RA cable for the June 60 V2, just used the cable and jacks from my solderless cables :-)
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

MikeC
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1357 times
Been liked: 906 times

Post by MikeC »

jeremyb wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2023 1:03 pm

I had to make my own TRS to RA cable for the June 60 V2, just used the cable and jacks from my solderless cables :-)
RA cable?
Whakanuia o mea kei a koe

NZTone.e
Gibson
Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 48 times

Post by NZTone.e »

It’s been about 3 years since I sold them, but I thought the DIG was mono in, or stereo vs trs jack, and the bluesky was stereo in and out?

I get the shimmer on a knob bit, but I paid $550 new for my v1, v2 is like $800, I’ll settle for the switch for that much money!

The low and high damp knobs do a good job of taming the shimmer, although not the amount of course…

NZTone.e
Gibson
Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 48 times

Post by NZTone.e »

I’ve never understood the midi thing, I know it does wonderful things, and doesn’t really seem that complicated, but it’s like my mind just avoids understanding how it actually works!

Luckily, I don’t need it personally…

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs

Post by jeremyb »

MikeC wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2023 1:21 pm
jeremyb wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2023 1:03 pm

RA cable?
Right Angle :-)
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs

Post by jeremyb »

NZTone.e wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2023 1:34 pm

I’ve never understood the midi thing, I know it does wonderful things, and doesn’t really seem that complicated, but it’s like my mind just avoids understanding how it actually works!

Its just like ringing the missus to tell her to turn the oven on :thumbup:

robthemac
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1124 times
Been liked: 1453 times

Post by robthemac »

NZTone.e wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2023 1:34 pm

Put very simply, it allows you to send a short message to the pedal to say "go to preset #3" or "set delay time to 200ms". Much easier than fluffing around twisting knobs and buttons. Especially if you can send eight messages to three different pedals with the press of a single button!

It makes a big diffence for me because I do live looping. I have an effects switcher which is able to bring effects in or out of the signal chain, so I can have preset 111 bringing in reverb and delay pedals, then preset 112 being overdrive, fuzz and modulation pedals (or whatever). Press one button and the effects switcher just rearranges your signal chain instantly. Super cool.

With the v1 Flint, though, it's non-MIDI controlled. So the only thing the effects switcher can do is bring the Flint in or out of the loop. You're stuck with whatever reverb/trem settings the knobs are set to at that moment. I can't have it on a bias trem with short spring reverb for preset 111, then a harmonic trem with long plate reverb for preset 112. I'd have to physically twiddle the knobs to make that change.

The Volante, Iridium, Nightsky and Sunset are all MIDI controlled. So not only can the effects switcher bring them in or out of the signal chain, it can tell them exactly what settings to go to. Preset 113 might tell the Volante to do a slapback drum delay, then present 114 might tell the Volante to do a multi-head studio-grade tape delay with some tape wear and a hint of spring reverb. No need to twiddle knobs to change the settings. The MIDI control tells the Volante exactly what to do when you go to that preset.
Jops wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 7:46 am Spring is the comic sans of reverbs anyway.

TmcB
I may have a problem

Post by TmcB »

NZTone.e wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2023 1:29 pm

It’s been about 3 years since I sold them, but I thought the DIG was mono in, or stereo vs trs jack, and the bluesky was stereo in and out?

I get the shimmer on a knob bit, but I paid $550 new for my v1, v2 is like $800, I’ll settle for the switch for that much money!

The low and high damp knobs do a good job of taming the shimmer, although not the amount of course…
Oh wow, you are correct! One less reason for Bluesky V2 then

AiRdAd
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 701 times

Post by AiRdAd »

How long do the cables need to be Tony?
Slowy wrote: To Danny, everyone is either a supplier, customer or a courier.

TmcB
I may have a problem

Post by TmcB »

AiRdAd wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2023 2:15 pm

How long do the cables need to be Tony?
Just guitar patch cable length - most of the ones I found around are 40cm to 3 metres long. Presume they’re mostly for PA/mixing desk applications

rickenbackerkid
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 212 times
Been liked: 667 times

Post by rickenbackerkid »

jeremyb wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 8:40 pm Accidentally bought one of these today...

The bestest chorus evar. I happen to have a DD-2 to go with it, it's clean heaven.

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs

Post by jeremyb »

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs

Post by jeremyb »