Conway
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 245 times
Been liked: 966 times

Re: Line6 Heeeeeelix!

Post by Conway »

bender wrote:I have no problem whatsoever with you liking the Kemper more, but I do have a teeny tiny bit of a problem with your choice of words. "I prefer the Kemper" is an opinion, "the Helix falls a bit short of sounding as good as the tube amps it models. The Kemper comes quite a bit closer to the real thing" is a bit more than that, even with the YMMV style "to my ears" qualification. It was very a very internet thing to say. :moresarc:
I think people get overly hung up on this point. Obviously everything I post, or anyone posts, in this vein is purely an opinion. It's also an opinion at a given time and I might feel quite differently on another occasion. I don't think it's necessary to say YMMV or qualify every post - clearly people have different opinions about hearing the exact same thing. I don't expect anyone to take the things I say as an indisputable fact! I certainly don't of other people's posts.
GUITARS ROCK - www.guitarsrock.co.nz
TONE LOUNGE - www.tonelounge.co.nz

Conway
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Conway »

bender wrote:
Conway wrote:Here's another comparison. Last night I had a loan of a 25 year old Fender Deluxe Reverb courtesy of opsguy. It sounds just fabulous. Made the Helix sound very average, in fact, quite disappointing.

To be fair, it also showed up the Kemper. But not to nearly the same extent.
Yuss! Love that amp.
I'd buy it off him in a flash if it didn't reek of 25 years of cigarette smoke. I think I must have a very sensitive nose. :lol:

Bg
Site Admin
Has liked: 2276 times
Been liked: 3991 times

Post by Bg »

Conway wrote:
bender wrote:I have no problem whatsoever with you liking the Kemper more, but I do have a teeny tiny bit of a problem with your choice of words. "I prefer the Kemper" is an opinion, "the Helix falls a bit short of sounding as good as the tube amps it models. The Kemper comes quite a bit closer to the real thing" is a bit more than that, even with the YMMV style "to my ears" qualification. It was very a very internet thing to say. :moresarc:
I think people get overly hung up on this point. Obviously everything I post, or anyone posts, in this vein is purely an opinion. It's also an opinion at a given time and I might feel quite differently on another occasion. I don't think it's necessary to say YMMV or qualify every post - clearly people have different opinions about hearing the exact same thing. I don't expect anyone to take the things I say as an indisputable fact! I certainly don't of other people's posts.
everything I say is indisputable.
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

Conway
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Conway »

Bg wrote:
Conway wrote:
everything I say is indisputable.
I dispute that.

bender
Darth Fader
Has liked: 418 times
Been liked: 1022 times

Post by bender »

Conway wrote:
Absolutely- in this particular case though, you are one of the very few people who are able to try both side-by-side, so your words carry a shitload more weight than usual.

Conway
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Conway »

I realise I'm also jeopardising my ability to sell the Helix...

Gosh, this Helix is freaking fantastic. Someone should buy it off me!!! :D

Hot_Grits
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 5 times

Post by Hot_Grits »

Love the interface.

And honestly we're at the point where this stuff gets so good and useful that there aren't many good reasons not to own one.

Despite this it's difficult for me to get lathered about a Helix when AX-8 is coming at USD $1399.
jeremyb wrote: Is it true about the bum sex before marriage thing being ok?

Scooter13
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 40 times
Been liked: 69 times

Post by Scooter13 »

Hair! I almost choked on my gum when I saw that :lol: you should keep it bro!
Great demo.

Bg
Site Admin

Post by Bg »

Conway wrote: I dispute that.
but only because I allow it.
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

Bg
Site Admin

Post by Bg »

Conway wrote: I don't dispute that.
you see, indisputable.

GrantB
ADMIN
Has liked: 1388 times
Been liked: 2132 times

Post by GrantB »

Hot_Grits wrote:
And honestly we're at the point where this stuff gets so good and useful that there aren't many good reasons not to own one.

You're dead to me.
"Man is the most insane species. He worships an invisible god and destroys a visible nature. Unaware that this nature he's destroying is this god he's worshipping." - Hubert Reeves

Hot_Grits
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 5 times

Post by Hot_Grits »

GrantB wrote:
Hot_Grits wrote:

You're dead to me.
Relax, cupcake. I still don't own one. I have no real need.

But I probably will cave at some point. Kemper appeals, with the ability to get profiles of all kinds of weird and wacky amps as well as the popular stuff.
jeremyb wrote: Is it true about the bum sex before marriage thing being ok?

GrantB
ADMIN
Has liked: 1388 times
Been liked: 2132 times

Post by GrantB »

What next?

"Man is the most insane species. He worships an invisible god and destroys a visible nature. Unaware that this nature he's destroying is this god he's worshipping." - Hubert Reeves

Cdog
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 3556 times
Been liked: 728 times

Post by Cdog »

slash-ed wrote:
Cdog wrote:Dat hair! Nice demo brah :)
Haha I bought it myself!

Aside from "hair metal" shenanigans I think the AC30 + single coil tone is my favourite thing about that video. Really shows how tactile the Helix sounds (and feels).
that strat tone is sweet. was that some vanhalen at the end??

this thred neads moar gushing reviews! i'd love to have a hoon on one, always quite liked line6 offerings. :mrgreen:

Bg
Site Admin

Post by Bg »

GrantB wrote:What next?

ohhhhh dibs!