Gear Aquisition Syndrome is a serious disorder.... FX etc

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

Mattallica wrote:
Molly wrote:Whim purchase. Mint Mesa 5:50 combo.

Nicer cleans than overdrive in that one.

Was that the cheap one up north? what has happened to 2nd hand value for Mesa'

Cheap one in Christchurch.

I once traded a shitload of gear for a Mesa. These days I suppose they're more mainstream.
Molly wrote:
Mattallica wrote:
Molly wrote:Whim purchase. Mint Mesa 5:50 combo.

Nicer cleans than overdrive in that one.

I once traded a shitload of gear for a Mesa. These days I suppose they're more mainstream.

That 5:50 combo has been around a wee while IIRC. There's a Nomad 45 combo on FB too, it's down to $700 I think. Been there a while, not sure if it's still around.
codedog wrote:
Molly wrote:
Mattallica wrote:

That 5:50 combo has been around a wee while IIRC. There's a Nomad 45 combo on FB too, it's down to $700 I think. Been there a while, not sure if it's still around.

I had a 5:50+ briefly and the cleans we're really nice. Low gain is nice. High gain not so much. Still, it's a much more versatile option than the Nomad.
I had a dc10 I couldn’t quite get along with ... weighed more than a twin too, if you’d believe it.
Single coil wrote:I had a dc10 I couldn’t quite get along with ... weighed more than a twin too, if you’d believe it.

Yeah, I'm not sure where all the weight in a Mesa comes from. Aluminium chassis might as well be iron for all the difference it'd make.
codedog wrote:
Molly wrote:
Mattallica wrote:

Ah. You were thinking about this one, eh?

https://www.trademe.co.nz/music-instrum ... 57eea55486

No. It was this one. Picking it up tomorrow.

https://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listin ... 1517853283