Forums have been slow, how about a 'In the mail' thread?

Gear Aquisition Syndrome is a serious disorder.... FX etc

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

robthemac
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 1124 times
Been liked: 1445 times

Re: Forums have been slow, how about a 'In the mail' thread?

Post by robthemac »

NippleWrestler wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 11:21 am
robthemac wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 10:45 am
NippleWrestler wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 10:39 am

Presumably but not on the face of the pedal that my tinkering has revealed.
Yeah the 500 series pedals have so much adjustment hidden in menus. I feel like I've only scratched the depths of the MD-500 after six months.
Boss doesn't help very much in that regard. Even hooking it up to the laptop is confusing as you're just faced with parameters that have no explanation, just a slider. They really need a better UI team.
Wait til you try control it via MIDI...
Jops wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 7:46 am Spring is the comic sans of reverbs anyway.

GrantB
ADMIN
Has liked: 1377 times
Been liked: 2107 times

Post by GrantB »

Delivery seems to be slow again from overseas - like Covid era slow…
"Man is the most insane species. He worships an invisible god and destroys a visible nature. Unaware that this nature he's destroying is this god he's worshipping." - Hubert Reeves

codedog
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 3510 times
Been liked: 1096 times

Post by codedog »

GrantB wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 12:29 pm Delivery seems to be slow again from overseas - like Covid era slow…
Logistics don't make much sense at the moment. AliExpress seems to be surprisingly quick on average. UPS is just the pits. It seems everything's on row boats and donkeys!

clubhouse
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 437 times
Been liked: 256 times

Post by clubhouse »

codedog wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 12:35 pm
GrantB wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 12:29 pm Delivery seems to be slow again from overseas - like Covid era slow…
Logistics don't make much sense at the moment. AliExpress seems to be surprisingly quick on average. UPS is just the pits. It seems everything's on row boats and donkeys!
What annoys me the most is when the online seller offers overnight courier, at a premium price, yet the item takes three working days to arrive...not looking at you, much, cough-RS Components-cough...bought replacement double gang, balancer pot for Yamaha SA-20, 12-stringer on a Thursday, paying to expect delivery Friday. Nope, Tuesday :evil:

If they can't deliver on expectation, then don't offer the expectation. If it's a problem with proper delivery from their courier provider (DHL) despite contract and volume sales leverage, then again, respect your customers by notifying the issue, remove that up-sale courier offering and better represent expectations...give me a consumer choice to decide if my money is better spent elsewhere with a provider that can supply on time...don't lie to me to get my purchase predicated on a service you have no intention of fulfilling.

Well and truly fucked my mate around when he came down from Northland to collect his guitar last weekend and it was still in bits :oops:

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Has liked: 7840 times
Been liked: 4229 times

Post by jeremyb »

Where you getting it from and who is the shipper? so I can avoid them :mental: to be fair most of my orders are from aliexpress these days, and I'm getting stuff in < 10 days...
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

GrantB
ADMIN

Post by GrantB »

jeremyb wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 1:51 pm
Where you getting it from and who is the shipper? so I can avoid them :mental: to be fair most of my orders are from aliexpress these days, and I'm getting stuff in < 10 days...
USA is vveerrryyy slow right now. Japan fast. China also. UK slow.
"Man is the most insane species. He worships an invisible god and destroys a visible nature. Unaware that this nature he's destroying is this god he's worshipping." - Hubert Reeves

WellyBlues
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 355 times

Post by WellyBlues »

Ebay freight package was supposed to be delivered mid-september from USA. Delivered today, 20 days.

The Band: A Musical History Cd boxed set. It's a beautiful thing.
Slowy wrote: Ultimately though, guitars are like women. On paper there's not much difference but only a few can make you happy.
Ray Wylie Hubbard wrote: And the days that I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations Well, I have really good days

robthemac
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1124 times
Been liked: 1445 times

Post by robthemac »

WellyBlues wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 10:22 pm Ebay freight package was supposed to be delivered mid-september from USA. Delivered today, 20 days.

Yeah, last month I had an Amazon package show up nearly two weeks early. Must be pretty variable.
Jops wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 7:46 am Spring is the comic sans of reverbs anyway.

GrantB
ADMIN

Post by GrantB »

robthemac wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 10:39 pm
WellyBlues wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 10:22 pm Ebay freight package was supposed to be delivered mid-september from USA. Delivered today, 20 days.

Yeah, last month I had an Amazon package show up nearly two weeks early. Must be pretty variable.
Also re Amazon...but I suspect mine came direct from China

NippleWrestler
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 81 times
Been liked: 1082 times

Post by NippleWrestler »

Amazon also overestimate their delivery times by 3 or 4 days so it nearly always 'arrives early' so customers are more impressed with the shipping times as they have literally under-promised and over-delivered. It's a neat marketing strategy.

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Has liked: 7840 times
Been liked: 4229 times

Post by jeremyb »

A Freedman BE-ODX by DemonFX :mrgreen: I love their pedals, affordable alternatives to pedals I would never buy :rofl:
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

StratMatt
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 557 times
Been liked: 621 times

Post by StratMatt »

Charvel DK24 FR Okoume incoming!

Not a huge fan of the TB6 Full Shred bridge pickup, likely swap it out for a Super Distortion or a Glyn Cloud 9. Jazz in the neck will be juuust fine.

I also have an OG Floyd bridge I may swap the 1000 out for, if it's a straight swap, but only if the 1000 feels lacking in any way.
Attachments
images (14).jpeg
images (14).jpeg (49.87 KiB) Viewed 4093 times
Loving it so far

hamo
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 644 times
Been liked: 810 times

Post by hamo »

Oooh that's sweet
Aquila Rosso wrote:I don't a mind an iced tea rimjob one little bit :congrats:
Molly wrote:Trousers are no substitute for talent
druz wrote:I present to you, the whogivesafuckocaster

Olderama
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 973 times
Been liked: 876 times

Post by Olderama »

StratMatt wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2023 3:23 pm Charvel DK24 FR Okoume incoming!

Not a huge fan of the TB6 Full Shred bridge pickup, likely swap it out for a Super Distortion or a Glyn Cloud 9. Jazz in the neck will be juuust fine.

I also have an OG Floyd bridge I may swap the 1000 out for, if it's a straight swap, but only if the 1000 feels lacking in any way.
That's a beauty mate :thumbup:
:mental:

NippleWrestler
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 81 times
Been liked: 1082 times

Post by NippleWrestler »

For anyone wondering I discovered how to lower the loop volume level on the dd500 - use the arrow up/down buttons.

Easy enough.