Screenshot_20230802_063502_Chrome.jpg (168.01 KiB) Viewed 55231 times

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1026 times
Been liked: 2513 times

Re: What are you gassing for?

Post by Slowy »

I find myself wanting a Princeton Reverb...
Bloody hell. :crazy:
Beyond a critical point within a finite space, freedom diminishes as numbers increase. This is as true of humans as it is of gas molecules in a sealed flask. The human question is not how many can possibly survive within the system, but what kind of existence is possible for those who so survive.

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Slowy »

The Scarecrow wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2023 3:34 pm
NippleWrestler wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 1:46 pm
Don't expect much, I'm a caveman at the best of times.

https://youtu.be/y6CGFFvT0Cw
Correct me if I'm wrong, but are you playing a lefty string for righty? If so, that's way more sapien than cro-magnon :clap:
Just saw this.
I met NippleWrestler once and watching him play completely did my head in. It was like trying to do domething with your secondary hand while watching it in a mirror.
But trust me on this; the boy can play.
Beyond a critical point within a finite space, freedom diminishes as numbers increase. This is as true of humans as it is of gas molecules in a sealed flask. The human question is not how many can possibly survive within the system, but what kind of existence is possible for those who so survive.

Jay
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1651 times
Been liked: 1314 times

Post by Jay »

Slowy wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 9:10 pm I find myself wanting a Princeton Reverb...
Get MikeC or Marshmallow to build you one. Then you can compare it to mine to make you feel good :D
When faced with quality, I recognise it every time.

Starfire
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 247 times
Been liked: 603 times

Post by Starfire »

Slowy wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 9:10 pm I find myself wanting a Princeton Reverb...
They're the perfect amp.

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Slowy »

Jay wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 9:21 pm
Get MikeC or Marshmallow to build you one. Then you can compare it to mine to make you feel good :D
This is what the 'Bloody Hell' was for. That's exactly what I'd do. But I. Do. Not. Need. Another. Amp......!!!!!!

Had a thought today though: I really like the touch sensitive breakup I got from yours, regardless that everyone thought me mad. One of the reasons I'm so fond of 5751s is they give extra gigging headroom in small amps. I'm going to put a 12ax7 back in the Jansen and see what it gives. :D

Jay
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1651 times
Been liked: 1314 times

Post by Jay »

Slowy wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 9:28 pm
This is what the 'Bloody Hell' was for. That's exactly what I'd do. But I. Do. Not. Need. Another. Amp......!!!!!!

Had a thought today though: I really like the touch sensitive breakup I got from yours, regardless that everyone thought me mad. One of the reasons I'm so fond of 5751s is they give extra gigging headroom in small amps. I'm going to put a 12ax7 back in the Jansen and see what it gives. :D
An ax7 will give you a lot more gain but not as much as using that spare triode you got there... Using both triodes in mine, I had to go back to a 12AY7 from memory. Happy to lend you one of my Jansen copies to compare
When faced with quality, I recognise it every time.

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Slowy »

Jay wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 9:53 pm
Slowy wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 9:28 pm

An ax7 will give you a lot more gain but not as much as using that spare triode you got there... Using both triodes in mine, I had to go back to a 12AY7 from memory. Happy to lend you one of my Jansen copies to compare
Thanks. What I want is what I showed you; spatkly clean until you dig in then glorious dirt. I'm thinking the 12ax7 may lower the headroom of the Jansen and make that possible without hurting anyone.

hamo
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 644 times
Been liked: 810 times

Post by hamo »

Aquila Rosso wrote:I don't a mind an iced tea rimjob one little bit :congrats:
Molly wrote:Trousers are no substitute for talent
druz wrote:I present to you, the whogivesafuckocaster

hamo
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 644 times
Been liked: 810 times

Post by hamo »

This looks awesome, but that price is outrageous.

https://www.guitarworld.com/reviews/epi ... v-prophecy
Aquila Rosso wrote:I don't a mind an iced tea rimjob one little bit :congrats:
Molly wrote:Trousers are no substitute for talent
druz wrote:I present to you, the whogivesafuckocaster

jimi
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 850 times
Been liked: 361 times

Post by jimi »

From being pretty much GAS free I made the mistake(?) of finally popping in to check out Guitar Gallery, since they've been a 2min walk from my office for a couple of years now.

A lot of cool 2nd hand amps, silver jubilee combo, 1974x, HW vox, some nice Ampeg bass kit that I wish I'd seen a couple of months back.

This roadworn Jazz bass has stoked the GAS embers - cool as

robthemac
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1124 times
Been liked: 1445 times

Post by robthemac »

jimi wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 4:04 pm From being pretty much GAS free I made the mistake(?) of finally popping in to check out Guitar Gallery, since they've been a 2min walk from my office for a couple of years now.

A lot of cool 2nd hand amps, silver jubilee combo, 1974x, HW vox, some nice Ampeg bass kit that I wish I'd seen a couple of months back.

Wait, is that a finish over finish Roadworn? I thought that was Custom Shop only.
Jops wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 7:46 am Spring is the comic sans of reverbs anyway.

Thewilltopowerrock
Vintage Pun Junkie
Has liked: 101 times
Been liked: 47 times

Post by Thewilltopowerrock »

jimi wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 4:04 pm From being pretty much GAS free I made the mistake(?) of finally popping in to check out Guitar Gallery, since they've been a 2min walk from my office for a couple of years now.

Always been curious about that place but never made time to visit. Worth it?

Thewilltopowerrock
Vintage Pun Junkie
Has liked: 101 times
Been liked: 47 times

Post by Thewilltopowerrock »

Oh and nice bass.

jimi
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 850 times
Been liked: 361 times

Post by jimi »

Thewilltopowerrock wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:49 pm Always been curious about that place but never made time to visit. Worth it?
Sure, some cool stuff, pretty small, but reminds me of going to a small independent music shop back in the days before Tardme. There's about the right amount of stuff to look at on your lunch break and still have time to grab a sandwich before heading back to the office. Chap behind the counter was friendly and knowledgeable.