What are you gassing for?

Gear Aquisition Syndrome is a serious disorder.... FX etc

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

Mini Forklift
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl

Re: What are you gassing for?

Post by Mini Forklift »

mule wrote:I'm actually eyeing up this https://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listin ... 1490559338 . I kinda hate the sunburst but it seems hard to go wrong with $600 case included. Even if I kept the case and replaced the tele it would probably pay off...
Love the look of that, any nice looking sunburt Tele with white binding gets me every time :clap:

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Has liked: 7692 times
Been liked: 4159 times

Post by jeremyb »

Kinda music related, want a 3d printer to make some cool enclosures for pedals I'm working on and other shit..
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

codedog
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 3476 times
Been liked: 1083 times

Post by codedog »

Been looking at Duesies since Slowly's and Molly's (ex) appeared here. Duesenberg Phonic... way out of my league but... hot dang!

mule
PRS
PRS
Has liked: 518 times
Been liked: 163 times

Post by mule »

Mini Forklift Ⓥ wrote:
mule wrote:I'm actually eyeing up this https://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listin ... 1490559338 . I kinda hate the sunburst but it seems hard to go wrong with $600 case included. Even if I kept the case and replaced the tele it would probably pay off...
Love the look of that, any nice looking sunburt Tele with white binding gets me every time :clap:
I made the mistake of waiting for matrimonial approval, and it got snatched :(. Ah well, plenty of cheap squier tele's out there.

Mini Forklift

Post by Mini Forklift »

mule wrote:I made the mistake of waiting for matrimonial approval, and it got snatched :(. Ah well, plenty of cheap squier tele's out there.
I'm selling this right now :wave:

https://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listin ... 1492602121

It's quite a nice guitar actually, if it doesn't sell this time around I'll just keep it I think. Only reason I'm selling is because I always reach for my Strat's so it's just lying in the case under our bed.

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Has liked: 7692 times
Been liked: 4159 times

Post by jeremyb »

mule wrote:
Mini Forklift Ⓥ wrote:
I made the mistake of waiting for matrimonial approval, and it got snatched :(. Ah well, plenty of cheap squier tele's out there.
Yikes, since when did squiers go for $1000 new??!!?!?! I'm sure these classic vibe ones used to be like $600 new....
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

Single coil
BANNED
Has liked: 1110 times
Been liked: 485 times

Post by Single coil »

Paid 799 for mine (in 2012?). $1000 for a squier is a bit rich.
Mind, $1200 for an epiphone lp is a bit thing too when the se standard line is still 3 figures. :wink:

Urf, think ... no, no - I’m not gassing for anything.
werdna wrote:Well at least I can still make toast in the bath without anyone telling me it's unsafe.

Single coil
BANNED
Has liked: 1110 times
Been liked: 485 times

Post by Single coil »

Who am I kidding.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

https://www.thomann.de/intl/nz/prs_se_c ... d_409789_1
werdna wrote:Well at least I can still make toast in the bath without anyone telling me it's unsafe.

Molly
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 2482 times
Been liked: 2794 times

Post by Molly »

Single coil wrote:Who am I kidding.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

https://www.thomann.de/intl/nz/prs_se_c ... d_409789_1
Naaaa..... Looks like my nan's sideboard.

Molly
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Molly »

I'm gassing for a cool somethin'. There are a couple of cool somethin's around but I know as soon as I buy one a better one will appear. Also, both of the present cool somethin's are a smidge over budget.

Clanger
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 152 times
Been liked: 51 times

Post by Clanger »

Faceless' Les Pauls. :x
Make Music Great Again

Molly
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Molly »

Clanger wrote:Faceless' Les Pauls. :x
Yes. That'll do for starters. The cool as fuck Custom or the, on paper at least, superior PRS?

Clanger
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Clanger »

Molly wrote:
Yes. That'll do for starters. The cool as fuck Custom or the, on paper at least, superior PRS?
Not superior to me. Kind of like a German car that does everything well, except have charm, character and personality - give me a flawed muscle car anyday.
Make Music Great Again

Molly
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Molly »

Clanger wrote:
Molly wrote:
Not superior to me. Kind of like a German car that does everything well, except have charm, character and personality - give me a flawed muscle car anyday.
I hear ya. I don't think 'Sympathy for the Devil' could ever have been written on a PRS. I'd whack a rusted Bigsby on that Custom, drop four stone and get my Keef on. :-)

Clanger
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Clanger »

Molly wrote:
Clanger wrote:
Molly wrote:
I hear ya. I don't think 'Sympathy for the Devil' could ever have been written on a PRS. I'd whack a rusted Bigsby on that Custom, drop four stone and get my Keef on. :-)
Yeah, I'm taking the piss, but still somewhat right in saying that. My German ancestry loves the PRS precision, my other English/Irish/Scottish ancestry just wants to drink and party, with the old timey pioneering Fender/Gibson instruments my heros play.
Make Music Great Again