IMG_4065.jpeg
IMG_4065.jpeg (513.77 KiB) Viewed 54963 times

MiniForklift
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Been liked: 365 times

Re: What are you gassing for?

Post by MiniForklift »

If you were stood in front of it when a big earthquake hit, probably still not too bad of a way to go out
“𝐑𝐞𝐚𝐥𝐢𝐭𝐲 𝐢𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐩𝐨𝐢𝐧𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐥𝐢𝐞𝐬 𝐛𝐞𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐞𝐧 𝐝𝐢𝐬𝐚𝐩𝐩𝐨𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐞𝐱𝐩𝐞𝐜𝐭𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧”

olegmcnoleg
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 863 times
Been liked: 742 times

Post by olegmcnoleg »

MiniForklift wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2023 3:49 pm If you were stood in front of it when a big earthquake hit, probably still not too bad of a way to go out
If you were playing at the time, yes. :-)

bender
Darth Fader
Has liked: 416 times
Been liked: 1016 times

Post by bender »

Moar synths!!!!

codedog
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 3493 times
Been liked: 1088 times

Post by codedog »

Saw some demos of Supro Amulet... now I want one! Has anyone played/owned one of these before, either the 10" or 12" version?

vinylguy
Fender
Fender
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 52 times

Post by vinylguy »

Not played the Amulet but I have an older comet which seems to be much the same thing: single ended 6L6, valve rectified with a 10 inch speaker. Nicely made and very cool looking. Goes nicely with single coils imo but a bit too warm with humbuckers for my taste. A curse to get fixed if anything goes awry as the company is anal about IP.

sizzlingbadger
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1210 times
Been liked: 1401 times

Post by sizzlingbadger »

I have the Delta King which is a similar sounding amp, 6L6 single ended, it has a Master instead of the wattage settings and no tremolo. I really like it, its great a low volumes and has a nice low end for a small amp.
Tube amp and guitar tones straight from 1958… amazing how believable the sounds were back then, even without the modellers...

Vince
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 389 times
Been liked: 186 times

Post by Vince »

I stepped off bass and thought baritone would be a nice way to ease into guitar. Guitar fretboards felt cramped, the strings felt flimsy.

But no, all that's happened is I've become (is that ok, BG?) used to playing baritone in Drop A and guitar fretboards still feel cramped and the strings still feel a bit thin (not as much as before though)

And I'm always wondering what I would do if something happened to my baritone. Get another one, of course, but which one? Unfortunately I always end up disliking something about each one that's available in Welly music stores so in a very Daza-like way, I never get around to playing any. This has gone on for months.
"Vince, have you ever tried playing an expensive bass?" - Polarbear.
"And isn't that the finest acoustic bass guitar feedback solo you've ever heard?" - Billy Moose.

My Bandcamp Page
Facebook

Candeevr4
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 265 times

Post by Candeevr4 »

Vince wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 9:36 pm And I'm always wondering what I would do if something happened to my baritone. Get another one, of course, but which one? Unfortunately I always end up disliking something about each one that's available in Welly music stores so in a very Daza-like way, I never get around to playing any. This has gone on for months.
This is why I went custom build. Got the shape, specs etc I wanted. I run 13-70 strings in drop G, which are a bit heavier than most go for.

Vince
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 389 times
Been liked: 186 times

Post by Vince »

Candeevr4 wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 10:52 pm This is why I went custom build. Got the shape, specs etc I wanted. I run 13-70 strings in drop G, which are a bit heavier than most go for.
Yep, I guess that's the best idea so far. Ta :)
"Vince, have you ever tried playing an expensive bass?" - Polarbear.
"And isn't that the finest acoustic bass guitar feedback solo you've ever heard?" - Billy Moose.

My Bandcamp Page
Facebook

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Has liked: 7744 times
Been liked: 4187 times

Post by jeremyb »

Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

MikeC
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1316 times
Been liked: 875 times

Post by MikeC »

jeremyb wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 12:45 pm
This amp sounds fantastic!
Whakanuia o mea kei a koe

olegmcnoleg
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 863 times
Been liked: 742 times

Post by olegmcnoleg »

MikeC wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 12:59 pm
jeremyb wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 12:45 pm
This amp sounds fantastic!
Yes, it really is impressive. Two completely different channels that totally nail a genre. I think they may know a thing or two about how best to record such an amp also ;-)

Bg
Site Admin
Has liked: 2265 times
Been liked: 3910 times

Post by Bg »

Vince wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 9:36 pm I stepped off bass and thought baritone would be a nice way to ease into guitar. Guitar fretboards felt cramped, the strings felt flimsy.

But no, all that's happened is I've become (is that ok, BG?) used to playing baritone in Drop A and guitar fretboards still feel cramped and the strings still feel a bit thin (not as much as before though)

And I'm always wondering what I would do if something happened to my baritone. Get another one, of course, but which one? Unfortunately I always end up disliking something about each one that's available in Welly music stores so in a very Daza-like way, I never get around to playing any. This has gone on for months.
I guess that you did the got-ten thing ;) yes much better :)
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

GrantB
ADMIN
Has liked: 1362 times
Been liked: 2100 times

Post by GrantB »

olegmcnoleg wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 2:52 pm
Yes, it really is impressive. Two completely different channels that totally nail a genre. I think they may know a thing or two about how best to record such an amp also ;-)
It's interesting - I can dial up that clean ish tone, including fantastic reverb, on the vintage Princeton. Same break up (and also using an attenuator), and touch sensitivity.

Reminds me a little of my old Red Plate also. Wonder where that is now.
"Man is the most insane species. He worships an invisible god and destroys a visible nature. Unaware that this nature he's destroying is this god he's worshipping." - Hubert Reeves