Squier
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 67 times
Been liked: 22 times

Re: What are you gassing for?

Post by sidewinder »

Slowy wrote:
sidewinder wrote:
Slowy wrote:Thanks for that. Since you seem to have your finger on the pulse, please think of me if you spot a well priced Korina One. :D
Will do, but the One that was on TradeMe recently was the first one I've seen in ages.
http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing ... 1279909952

You mean this one? I assume it's Mahogany under all that black?
Not that one, you're right that's mahogany.

I'm sure there were both a SE Singlecut Korina and Korina One recently on, both around $500 and $400 respectively, a fair price for each.

Conway
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 242 times
Been liked: 966 times

Post by Conway »

null_pointer wrote:We're on day 12 now and my Suhr is still in Portland. Idiot shop I bought it from packed it in the worlds largest box (which exceeds max size for shipping via YouShop), and they still haven't confirmed if a smaller box is shipped in that they'll repack for me (YouShop that is). They seem to reply to my emails once every 2-3 days, and you can't call them direct. A little boy waits.
I think Bender had exactly the same problem with one of his purchases. Took ages, but they eventually repacked it in a smaller box and it finally got through.
GUITARS ROCK - www.guitarsrock.co.nz
TONE LOUNGE - www.tonelounge.co.nz

KNNZ
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1777 times
Been liked: 667 times

Post by KNNZ »

saw this at Musicworks yesterday. GAS ignited
the finish is top notch!!

Zaulkin
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 737 times
Been liked: 511 times

Post by Zaulkin »

Conway wrote:
null_pointer wrote:We're on day 12 now and my Suhr is still in Portland. Idiot shop I bought it from packed it in the worlds largest box (which exceeds max size for shipping via YouShop), and they still haven't confirmed if a smaller box is shipped in that they'll repack for me (YouShop that is). They seem to reply to my emails once every 2-3 days, and you can't call them direct. A little boy waits.
I think Bender had exactly the same problem with one of his purchases. Took ages, but they eventually repacked it in a smaller box and it finally got through.
I had a problem with Youshop where they measured the item wrong and kept telling me it was oversize. Took 2 months and I paid for the fastest option. Good luck! :)

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1011 times
Been liked: 2466 times

Post by Slowy »

cd68.jpeg
cd68.jpeg (11.8 KiB) Viewed 2970 times
I've never liked the Silverface look. Finally played one yesterday. Screw the cosmetics, this is the amp I need.
Beyond a critical point within a finite space, freedom diminishes as numbers increase. This is as true of humans as it is of gas molecules in a sealed flask. The human question is not how many can possibly survive within the system, but what kind of existence is possible for those who so survive.

TmcB
I may have a problem
Has liked: 653 times
Been liked: 556 times

Post by TmcB »

Hey, I've got one of those :mrgreen:

I should probably do a NAD
GrantB wrote:Tony, your taste is, as always, very refined. Or as HG would say, "bloody awful".
Family Music Store - http://familymusic.co.nz

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Slowy »

TmcB wrote:Hey, I've got one of those :mrgreen:

Yes please!
Beyond a critical point within a finite space, freedom diminishes as numbers increase. This is as true of humans as it is of gas molecules in a sealed flask. The human question is not how many can possibly survive within the system, but what kind of existence is possible for those who so survive.

sizzlingbadger
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1202 times
Been liked: 1398 times

Post by sizzlingbadger »

I've been you-tubing them too... sound epic.

Welly needs a gearfest soon.
Tube amp and guitar tones straight from 1958… amazing how believable the sounds were back then, even without the modellers...

hamo
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 634 times
Been liked: 804 times

Post by hamo »

sizzlingbadger wrote:I've been you-tubing them too... sound epic.

Welly needs a gearfest soon.
Keen. How's everybody's September? :mrgreen: :moresarc:
Aquila Rosso wrote:I don't a mind an iced tea rimjob one little bit :congrats:
Molly wrote:Trousers are no substitute for talent
druz wrote:I present to you, the whogivesafuckocaster

Molly
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 2482 times
Been liked: 2794 times

Post by Molly »

Slowy wrote:
TmcB wrote:Hey, I've got one of those :mrgreen:

Yes please!
Yes. You should. They're all the rage! :-)

Molly
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 2482 times
Been liked: 2794 times

Post by Molly »

Slowy wrote:
cd68.jpeg
I've never liked the Silverface look. Finally played one yesterday. Screw the cosmetics, this is the amp I need.
What was it about it that floated your boat?

rickenbackerkid
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 206 times
Been liked: 651 times

Post by rickenbackerkid »

Slowy wrote:
cd68.jpeg
I've played one of these too - absolutely loved it. Great clear chime, downright sexy.

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Slowy »

Molly wrote:
Slowy wrote:
cd68.jpeg
There's something special about the combination of Fender guitars and amps.
Specifically in this case: My Korinacaster is a fine instrument and I love its OD tones. But there is something not quite engaging about its cleans through most of the amps I've tried; they always need some help from a Klon type clean boost.

Plugged directly into the Custom 68 however, it sounded gorgeous. Turn the volume down and it gave sweet acoustic strumming tones. Wind it up and you get the full range of Tele snap, snarl and roar. The two channels give you the ability to run direct to one and via a pedalboard to the other (A-B-Y switch required).

But mostly, it's because I could happily plug directly into the amp and play all day. Have always wanted an amp like that.

mitch311
Stagg
Stagg
Been liked: 4 times

Post by mitch311 »

Axe-fx ii
Frfr speaker
Fender strat wouldnt hurt either

Not too much gas over here!

philly
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 146 times
Been liked: 126 times

Post by philly »

Slowy wrote:
Molly wrote:
Slowy wrote:
cd68.jpeg
There's something special about the combination of Fender guitars and amps.
Specifically in this case: My Korinacaster is a fine instrument and I love its OD tones. But there is something not quite engaging about its cleans through most of the amps I've tried; they always need some help from a Klon type clean boost.

Plugged directly into the Custom 68 however, it sounded gorgeous. Turn the volume down and it gave sweet acoustic strumming tones. Wind it up and you get the full range of Tele snap, snarl and roar. The two channels give you the ability to run direct to one and via a pedalboard to the other (A-B-Y switch required).

But mostly, it's because I could happily plug directly into the amp and play all day. Have always wanted an amp like that.
I was in the same boat..... I loved the look of the blackface reissue but when I heard the silverface one... in a different class.
still makes me grin every time I use it
“Millions long for immortality who don’t know what to do with themselves on a rainy Sunday afternoon.”