Forums have been slow, how about a 'In the mail' thread?

Gear Aquisition Syndrome is a serious disorder.... FX etc

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

Olderama
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 973 times
Been liked: 876 times

Re: Forums have been slow, how about a 'In the mail' thread?

Post by Olderama »

Kris wrote:nice man,i've been sniffing around that gat since he first listed it.kinda wish i'd snapped one up when the RS were blowing them out at clearance
Cheers

I really wasn’t looking at another guitar but the spec and that neck I couldn’t resist :thumbup:
:mental:

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Has liked: 7727 times
Been liked: 4169 times

Post by jeremyb »

Olderama wrote:Framus Renegade Pro
Fuck yeah that was an absolute bargain!!
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

Single coil
BANNED
Has liked: 1110 times
Been liked: 485 times

Post by Single coil »

Borrowed a framus while I was in Germany almost 10 years ago.
It was pretty effortless and was sorta like a les paul but brighter and more aggressive. I think it was a pantera model.
werdna wrote:Well at least I can still make toast in the bath without anyone telling me it's unsafe.

philly
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 146 times
Been liked: 126 times

Post by philly »

Single coil wrote:Borrowed a framus while I was in Germany almost 10 years ago.
It was pretty effortless and was sorta like a les paul but brighter and more aggressive. I think it was a pantera model.
isn't that some sort of tank?... jesus mate..... i dont know what you did in germany but we've all moved on...
“Millions long for immortality who don’t know what to do with themselves on a rainy Sunday afternoon.”

Bg
Site Admin
Has liked: 2264 times
Been liked: 3907 times

Post by Bg »

Not so much in the post, more of an in the lounge.... New Fernandes Strat Day. It is a closet classic, two very tiny dings, no fret wear - though I'm going to give them a polish. For a 31 year old guitar, it looks like its just come from the factory!

The guy kindly dropped it round for me, for petrol cash, I just wish he'd known the clocks had gone back and he'd come at 9am when I wouldn't have been in bed lol

No it hasn't, I've got the original receipt and japanese paperwork. Going to have my morning coffee then whip the strings off and get those frets polished :D
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

Molly
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 2488 times
Been liked: 2799 times

Post by Molly »

Bg wrote:Not so much in the post, more of an in the lounge.... New Fernandes Strat Day. It is a closet classic, two very tiny dings, no fret wear - though I'm going to give them a polish. For a 31 year old guitar, it looks like its just come from the factory!

The guy kindly dropped it round for me, for petrol cash, I just wish he'd known the clocks had gone back and he'd come at 9am when I wouldn't have been in bed lol

No it hasn't, I've got the original receipt and japanese paperwork. Going to have my morning coffee then whip the strings off and get those frets polished :D
Congrats. Sounds like my kind of morning.

Bg
Site Admin

Post by Bg »

Molly wrote:
Bg wrote:Not so much in the post, more of an in the lounge.... New Fernandes Strat Day. It is a closet classic, two very tiny dings, no fret wear - though I'm going to give them a polish. For a 31 year old guitar, it looks like its just come from the factory!

Its quite novel to be awake this early really :) All buffed up, just need to take the action down a smidge and check the intonation.... pics coming shortly. It really is a cracker
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

kwhelan
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 123 times
Been liked: 93 times

Post by kwhelan »

was looking at fernandes on reverb for months, really respected and hold prices

Olderama
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 973 times
Been liked: 876 times

Post by Olderama »

Bg wrote:
Molly wrote:

Its quite novel to be awake this early really :) All buffed up, just need to take the action down a smidge and check the intonation.... pics coming shortly. It really is a cracker
Jacobs?
:mental:

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Has liked: 7727 times
Been liked: 4169 times

Post by jeremyb »

The Fernandes strat kdawg has is a gem!
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

Single coil
BANNED
Has liked: 1110 times
Been liked: 485 times

Post by Single coil »

In a weird turn of events, I might be procuring a whole bunch of furniture for free :shock:
My cousin has a flatbed truck to put it all in too, holy shit!!
werdna wrote:Well at least I can still make toast in the bath without anyone telling me it's unsafe.

Bg
Site Admin

Post by Bg »

jeremyb wrote:The Fernandes strat kdawg has is a gem!
Had chance to play a bit more and theres some likes and dislikes... I love the fact that its 'color coded' so the neck is olympic white too. I love that its doing the whole olympic off white fading thing, after 31 years its not white anymore apart from under the pickguard and back trem cover :). Single coils with adjustable poles.

Dislike, jack input on the edge. not disliking that much, but a bit. Can be as annoying as a tele....

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1018 times
Been liked: 2483 times

Post by Slowy »

Bg wrote:
Had chance to play a bit more and theres some likes and dislikes... I love the fact that its 'color coded' so the neck is olympic white too. I love that its doing the whole olympic off white fading thing, after 31 years its not white anymore apart from under the pickguard and back trem cover :). Single coils with adjustable poles.

Dislike, jack input on the edge. not disliking that much, but a bit. Can be as annoying as a tele....
Just use a 90 degree plug and pull it through a strap.
This Fernandes is a great score. Mint condition and plays beautifully. Well as beautifully as you can play with a broken arm anyway. Would have been happy to score it myself.
Beyond a critical point within a finite space, freedom diminishes as numbers increase. This is as true of humans as it is of gas molecules in a sealed flask. The human question is not how many can possibly survive within the system, but what kind of existence is possible for those who so survive.

Bg
Site Admin

Post by Bg »

I'd be happy if it was a keeper, lets see 3 months down the track. It's not as good as my no.1 strat, but better than no.2 lol.... I find it immensely satisfying saying that I don't own a Fender :) Well I sort of do, no.3 is a mexican squire.

AiRdAd
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 696 times

Post by AiRdAd »

Slowy wrote:
Bg wrote:

Just use a 90 degree plug and pull it through a strap.
This Fernandes is a great score. Mint condition and plays beautifully. Well as beautifully as you can play with a broken arm anyway. Would have been happy to score it myself.

Hang on... Have I missed something... Have you broken your arm slowly?
Slowy wrote: To Danny, everyone is either a supplier, customer or a courier.