Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 52 times

Re: Matt's 2011 official NAMM thread

Post by xCaptainx »

Did anyone post these?

Jet City Analog Tube Replacement

Jet City has developed replacement tubes that are hot-swappable and require no rewiring. Three 12AX7 tubes are available: The Amber model offers up moderate levels of gain, the Blue model has a lower gain structure, and the Red model serves up high-gain tones. The tubes are cool to the touch, and you can change them in and out while the amp is running. jetcityamplification.com

http://www.premierguitar.com/Stream/Str ... Type=image

Terexgeek
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1224 times
Been liked: 375 times

Post by Terexgeek »

Kloppsta wrote:
sambrowne wrote:Of all the amps to use....perhaps a nice old 50s Fender might have been more impressive than the most sterile of all pro level guitar amplifiers.
there is probably a reason for their choice....somehow i just dont think this "profile" thing could do a nice old 50's Fender any justice :?
i would however be interested in the technology behind this "profiling"....i mean if its not DSP / modelling of some description then what?
It'd be handy if it really did do funky old and valuable amps justice; you could have your favourite amps on stage, and never have to lose them or risk them in a gigging/touring situation. Sell your favourite amp and never lose it's tone, hassle Dave about his current amp range, wait, he's thought of that, bugger.
Tin arse!!

NZRS-Dave
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 4 times

Post by NZRS-Dave »

hamo wrote:Here's an EHX vid of that new Mem Man with a POG2 in the loop:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9XO3WA1_qbc[/youtube]
So was that Johnny DeMarco's brother, father or uncle?
Yup - that's me and my pal Steve or little stevie vai as I like to call him. In Auckland airport when I was 26. I'm not 26 anymore.

NZRS-Dave
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by NZRS-Dave »

sambrowne wrote:
NZRS-Dave wrote:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rRQlWC-mXUs[/youtube]
I thought that was pretty increds when he goes from the real amp to the profile - I mean they sound utterly identical. The question is, why wouldn't they just profile like 100 great amps and leave it at that, but I am sure the answer is that you can take uniquely awesome one off modded amps and save 'em into your little purple(!) box. This is a really cool idea, just not sure about the execution and certainly the demo left a bit to be desired! Of all the amps to use....perhaps a nice old 50s Fender might have been more impressive than the most sterile of all pro level guitar amplifiers.
Yeah, I was thinking that there was somethign up with this. That thing looks to be amazing. So why isn't there a bigger deal made of it?

I'll ask Matt when he gets back to his desk. Chatted to him whilst he was in LAX waiting to come home ... he was like a kid in a candy store ... albeit a mildly jaded one.
Yup - that's me and my pal Steve or little stevie vai as I like to call him. In Auckland airport when I was 26. I'm not 26 anymore.

NZRS-Dave
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by NZRS-Dave »

In unrelated news ... minor NZ music industry celebs spotted hanging with andy timmons.

10 points for each person noted. There is three people, but the pic doesn't show, you might need to do whatever it is that shows the full picture.

rocklander
no offense, but I'm not a guitarist

Post by rocklander »

well the one playing the telecaster is definitely ray columbus
Some Bozo wrote:dogs represent the qualities we like to see in a friend, and cats represent the qualites we'd like to be able to get away with in ourselves :D
.__
. __\___
. _____D)
. __)
. __)
.__)pull my finger

stagepass

hamo
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 634 times
Been liked: 804 times

Post by hamo »

Okay, now I want an iPad.

http://www.jammit.com/
Aquila Rosso wrote:I don't a mind an iced tea rimjob one little bit :congrats:
Molly wrote:Trousers are no substitute for talent
druz wrote:I present to you, the whogivesafuckocaster

Gelato
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Gelato »

NZRS-Dave wrote:In unrelated news ... minor NZ music industry celebs spotted hanging with andy timmons.

10 points for each person noted. There is three people, but the pic doesn't show, you might need to do whatever it is that shows the full picture.
Matt? Bono? Umm, that's about it...
My web site
My band's site

NZRS-Dave wrote:I can help with that cos I read something somewhere about it.

sty
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 207 times
Been liked: 264 times

Post by sty »

hamo wrote:Okay, now I want an iPad.

Wow, good on them!

I'd written an app for the mac that slowed down and pitch shifted tunes. I was trying to decide what else I wanted to add to it and the things on my task list were looping, displaying supporting images (Tab etc.) and maybe the balance and knock out vocals stuff. I wanted to to use it as a learning program on the iPhone but the audio libraries aren't the same as on the mac so I'd put it aside.

They look to have done a great job, if it isn't too ludicrously expensive I hope it does really well for them :)

rocklander
no offense, but I'm not a guitarist

Post by rocklander »

hamo wrote:Okay, now I want an iPad.

fark that's cool :shock:
Some Bozo wrote:dogs represent the qualities we like to see in a friend, and cats represent the qualites we'd like to be able to get away with in ourselves :D
.__
. __\___
. _____D)
. __)
. __)
.__)pull my finger

stagepass

badmotor
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by badmotor »

Look at that. Mick has grown his hair.
Hot_Grits wrote:Someone should print this thread out and hang it in an art gallery.

hamo
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 634 times
Been liked: 804 times

Post by hamo »

I saw that Jammit thing on a NAMM vid on YouTube. The guy said they'd got about 350 tracks licensed. The only name I remember hearing was Alice Cooper. They'll get more as/if it takes off I imagine. I reckon tabs/play-along is a real untapped revenue source for musicians, if they realise it.
Aquila Rosso wrote:I don't a mind an iced tea rimjob one little bit :congrats:
Molly wrote:Trousers are no substitute for talent
druz wrote:I present to you, the whogivesafuckocaster