hamo
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 642 times
Been liked: 809 times

Re: We don't have flying cars yet, but we do have this:

Post by hamo »

I suppose we shouldn't be all that surprised. I mean, that bird in Terminator 3 could do all sorts of shit by making a modem noise into a phone.
Aquila Rosso wrote:I don't a mind an iced tea rimjob one little bit :congrats:
Molly wrote:Trousers are no substitute for talent
druz wrote:I present to you, the whogivesafuckocaster

rocklander
no offense, but I'm not a guitarist

Post by rocklander »

benderissimo wrote:
slowfingers wrote:I think the point is the delivery system, not the effects. There's plenty of software based sounds delivered by USB but to my knowlege, this is the first time data has been beamed to your pedal from a phone,via your guitar pickups. That's the real news.

As for the rest, The Flashback is a very small, good sounding, versatile and inexpensive delay with a trick that might be novelty or necessity depending on your taste.
Agreed, the delivery mechanism is very clever. I wonder how it copes if you've got 2 or more Toneprint pedals on your board?
did you watch the video? you have to engage the pedal to be ready to 'receive' the toneprint.. just engage the one you want to work on.
Some Bozo wrote:dogs represent the qualities we like to see in a friend, and cats represent the qualites we'd like to be able to get away with in ourselves :D
.__
. __\___
. _____D)
. __)
. __)
.__)pull my finger

stagepass

bender
Darth Fader
Has liked: 417 times
Been liked: 1017 times

Post by bender »

rocklander wrote:
benderissimo wrote:
slowfingers wrote:I think the point is the delivery system, not the effects. There's plenty of software based sounds delivered by USB but to my knowlege, this is the first time data has been beamed to your pedal from a phone,via your guitar pickups. That's the real news.

As for the rest, The Flashback is a very small, good sounding, versatile and inexpensive delay with a trick that might be novelty or necessity depending on your taste.
Agreed, the delivery mechanism is very clever. I wonder how it copes if you've got 2 or more Toneprint pedals on your board?
did you watch the video? you have to engage the pedal to be ready to 'receive' the toneprint.. just engage the one you want to work on.
I figured that pretty much at the same time as I clicked the "submit" button.

Scooter13
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 40 times
Been liked: 69 times

Post by Scooter13 »

I'm surprised the software to change the Toneprints hasn't been hacked yet. There must be some nerds out there with nothing better to do...

TmcB
I may have a problem
Has liked: 674 times
Been liked: 574 times

Post by TmcB »

Yeah, surely they can crack it? I think it's ridiculous that they don't give owners access to it.
GrantB wrote:Tony, your taste is, as always, very refined. Or as HG would say, "bloody awful".
Family Music Store - http://familymusic.co.nz

sty
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 208 times
Been liked: 264 times

Post by sty »

TmcB wrote:Yeah, surely they can crack it? I think it's ridiculous that they don't give owners access to it.
maybe the next step will be the ability to download an app for each pedal (for $1) that would let you adjust all the under the hood parameters? so the app becomes the config program.

This probably started life as a cool trick one of the engineers thought up in the office and it worked so they've found a way to punt it out there.

bender
Darth Fader

Post by bender »

hamo wrote:I suppose we shouldn't be all that surprised. I mean, that bird in Terminator 3 could do all sorts of shit by making a modem noise into a phone.
I'm still a bit baffled by how it works- guitar pickups being electromagnetic as opposed to microphones.

Scooter13
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 40 times
Been liked: 69 times

Post by Scooter13 »

benderissimo wrote:
hamo wrote:I suppose we shouldn't be all that surprised. I mean, that bird in Terminator 3 could do all sorts of shit by making a modem noise into a phone.
I'm still a bit baffled by how it works- guitar pickups being electromagnetic as opposed to microphones.
You've never held up a small speaker to your guitar pickups? A speaker has a magnet in it...or am I missing some humour.

I used to know a band that would start one of their songs by playing an optimus prime toy sound through the guitar pickups. I can't remember what it was it said though..."Autobots, roll out!" or something...

bender
Darth Fader

Post by bender »

Scooter13 wrote:
benderissimo wrote:
You've never held up a small speaker to your guitar pickups? A speaker has a magnet in it...or am I missing some humour.

I used to know a band that would start one of their songs by playing an optimus prime toy sound through the guitar pickups. I can't remember what it was it said though..."Autobots, roll out!" or something...
Makes sense. Although for some reason I thought iPhone speakers were piezo (ie- not magnetic).

rocklander
no offense, but I'm not a guitarist

Post by rocklander »

benderissimo wrote:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WFUVmLVqRzc[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NkqCL5yT0RU[/youtube]
Some Bozo wrote:dogs represent the qualities we like to see in a friend, and cats represent the qualites we'd like to be able to get away with in ourselves :D
.__
. __\___
. _____D)
. __)
. __)
.__)pull my finger

stagepass

Hot_Grits
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 5 times

Post by Hot_Grits »

Interesting replies.

At it's heart, this is simply a way to change toneprints without being tied to having your computer and update cable. But the technology is very nicely deployed, methinks.

On the gig would be weird, but for those of us who have gigged in different bands with different styles it could be a quick way to rejig the pedalboard for the gig at soundcheck.

I really like the toneprint concept. People complain that there's only one toneprint setting per pedal and stuff, but on the internet people pretty much complain about anything. Even others complaining.
jeremyb wrote: Is it true about the bum sex before marriage thing being ok?

Tsuken
In the Name of Vai

We don't have flying cars yet, but we do have this:

Post by Tsuken »

Isn't that the whole point of the Internet?

Well, that and the #GRAWR hash tag on twitter ;-)
My twitting tweets of twitterness

@ash lol/RT "@ChelseaVPeretti Had fun in the Cinema Tent tonight w @adultswim @robcorddry #bonnaroo #fonz #hottubtimemachineintonationjokes #childrenshospital #mud #pee" //by @Jenesis

Here be bloggins

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1025 times
Been liked: 2510 times

Post by Slowy »

Scooter13 wrote:I'm surprised the software to change the Toneprints hasn't been hacked yet. There must be some nerds out there with nothing better to do...
Probably because there is no access to it except on TC's own laptops.
Beyond a critical point within a finite space, freedom diminishes as numbers increase. This is as true of humans as it is of gas molecules in a sealed flask. The human question is not how many can possibly survive within the system, but what kind of existence is possible for those who so survive.

handlefras
Gibson
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 1 time

Post by handlefras »

Some attempt at the hacking was done by freestompboxes members - not sure that they have reached a successful outcome yet
Too many guitars, not enough talent.

Capt. Black
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 170 times
Been liked: 254 times

We don't have flying cars yet, but we do have this:

Post by Capt. Black »

Toneprint thing is really very clever lateral thinking.
But it kinda reminds me of those movies where some kid would hack into the pentagon mainframe via a telephone handset.