SimpleSi
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 177 times
Been liked: 116 times

Re: Line6 Heeeeeelix!

Post by SimpleSi »

Any of you with a helix Managed to come up with a combination of effects to accomplish the BigSky Bloom and cloud type reverbs?

Atm I'm trialing out using a chorus, delay and particle reverb together.. It gets close but sounds too sharp, not as soft as the Bloom and cloud stuff from strymon
Instagram: @simonperssonmusic www.Simonperssonmusic.com
Guitars: Duesenberg Julia, DIY Duesenberg Walnut Caribou, DIY Custom Strat, Duesenberg Tom Bukovac Session man Starplayer TV, PRS SE Silver Sky, Maton ECW80C Acoustic, Duesenberg Paloma

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Has liked: 7685 times
Been liked: 4157 times

Post by jeremyb »

The particle verb is a tad interesting, you tried using the octo instead?
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

SimpleSi
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 177 times
Been liked: 116 times

Post by SimpleSi »

Both are too harsh.

I've just bought the BigSky back from Tcmb. So I'll put it in the effects loop
Instagram: @simonperssonmusic www.Simonperssonmusic.com
Guitars: Duesenberg Julia, DIY Duesenberg Walnut Caribou, DIY Custom Strat, Duesenberg Tom Bukovac Session man Starplayer TV, PRS SE Silver Sky, Maton ECW80C Acoustic, Duesenberg Paloma

stuu
PRS McCarty
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 6 times

Post by stuu »

2.0 firmware update!

Long story short:

New Amp Models

- Cali IV Rhythm 1, based on* the Rhythm I channel of the MESA/Boogie® Mk IV

- Cali IV Rhythm 2, based on* the Rhythm II channel of the MESA/Boogie® Mk IV

- Cali IV Lead, based on* the Lead channel of the MESA/Boogie® Mk IV

- Line 6 2204 Mod, Line 6 Original based on* a hot-rodded Marshall® JCM® 800

- Line 6 Fatality, Line 6 Original based on THALL

New Effects Models

- Distortion > Wringer Fuzz (Mono, Stereo), based on* Garbage’s special BOSS® FZ-2

- EQ > Cali Q Graphic (Mono, Stereo), based on* the MESA/Boogie® Mk IV’s 5-band EQ

- Modulation > Harmonic Tremolo (Mono, Stereo), Line 6 Original

- Delay > Vintage Digital (Mono, Stereo), Line 6 Original

AND SNAPSHOTS! which is line6's answer to scenes.

W00t
PlukkyBoy wrote:My ability as a guitar player is easily outstripped by my abilities as a guitar buyer

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs

Post by jeremyb »

stuu wrote: - Line 6 Fatality, Line 6 Original based on THALL
Time to get your Vildhjarta on!
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

stuu
PRS McCarty

Post by stuu »

[youtube]
https://youtu.be/ppfr9fFSnHY
[/youtube]
PlukkyBoy wrote:My ability as a guitar player is easily outstripped by my abilities as a guitar buyer

stuu
PRS McCarty

Post by stuu »

This really made me rethink my approach to the cabs. I've been pretty happy with the stock cabs overall but there's ever-present chatter about IRs that had me thinking i might be missing something. I haven't dived into 3rd party IRs yet because that opens a whole new multitude of variables and second-guessing.

Either way will spend some time tonight playing around with this.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I8Qrt-Q79U4[/youtube]

MattAnt
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 113 times

Post by MattAnt »

stuu wrote:This really made me rethink my approach to the cabs. I've been pretty happy with the stock cabs overall but there's ever-present chatter about IRs that had me thinking i might be missing something. I haven't dived into 3rd party IRs yet because that opens a whole new multitude of variables and second-guessing.

Either way will spend some time tonight playing around with this.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I8Qrt-Q79U4[/youtube]
Saw that video. Interesting approach and a great tutorial
Scarecrow101 on TradeMe

stuu
PRS McCarty

Post by stuu »

Yeah, i really hope he gets enough positive feedback to justify making videos for any other tips he's got. Seems very switched on.

AiRdAd
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 696 times

Post by AiRdAd »

Seeing this reinforces why I should never buy a unit like this. The unit is capable of making 'great' sounds, but I lack the knowledge of how to tweak it to find those good sounds. I'm too much of a dumbass!!!

Something like this in my hands would be akin to me buying a Ferrari, and tweaking it so that it handles like a Morris Minor with a top speed of 90km/h
Slowy wrote: To Danny, everyone is either a supplier, customer or a courier.

stuu
PRS McCarty

Post by stuu »

To your point, danny: I think there's a lot of discipline and/or self-awareness needed to know when/where to tweak (and where to stop).

People should feel comfortable in the knowledge that the pre-tuned blocks sound pretty good right out of the gate, and can be stitched together like lego. I'd argue a lot of the stock presets sound much better than the rigs i see being gigged out and about.

But there's a (forum/online driven) cultural bias that makes people feel like they should NEED to tweak as a means to justify the purchase, or validate themselves as a player. Almost as if approaching the "plug and play" simplicity out of the box isn't as legitimate as being a deep diver.

Which IMO is bullshit.

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs

Post by jeremyb »

It's good to know the stock presets are good on the helix, the ones on the HD series are unusable garbage!

stuu
PRS McCarty

Post by stuu »

jeremyb wrote:It's good to know the stock presets are good on the helix, the ones on the HD series are unusable garbage!
That's one way to read it (and actually the way i meant it), another might be that there are a lot of horrific rigs out in the wild :mrgreen:

Bg
Site Admin
Has liked: 2254 times
Been liked: 3873 times

Post by Bg »

jeremyb wrote:It's good to know the stock presets are good on the helix, the ones on the HD series are unusable garbage!
Thats been par for the course since POD XT
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs

Post by jeremyb »

Bg wrote:
Thats been par for the course since POD XT
It's like they try and cram so many effects on at once that you end up with something hideously unusable :rofl: