Lawrence
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 37 times
Been liked: 605 times

Re: Line6 L2M vs L3M

Post by Lawrence »

KentNZ wrote:What's the practicality that trumps it?
from my last post
"They also have the best physical design of anything in this market...from good handles, strong grills to the big rubber buffers at each end and the tilt back legs."
the bumpers are also end handles, but I cant say enough about the way they protect the cabs. When standing upright they stand on the rubber bumper. When lying flat they rest on the bumper. When stacked in the van only the bumpers touch...Ive had my rig 2 years and it has zero scratches from transportation.

and yes, the Line6Link system is brilliant...I expect to see Yamaha pick that up in other products.

I too like the sound/build quality of the QSC and Yamaha cabs but its just not designed as well from a practical end user perspective.
GrantB wrote:
“You might be cool, but you’ll never be playing a white Steinberger through a JC120, wearing a white jumpsuit with white shoes and sporting a mullet cool”.

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Has liked: 7685 times
Been liked: 4157 times

Post by jeremyb »

Thanks to delicious Dave at the Rockshop I now have a L2T in my possession! Can't wait to try it out!!!
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

KentNZ
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 50 times

Post by KentNZ »

Lawrence wrote:
KentNZ wrote:What's the practicality that trumps it?
from my last post
"They also have the best physical design of anything in this market...from good handles, strong grills to the big rubber buffers at each end and the tilt back legs."
the bumpers are also end handles, but I cant say enough about the way they protect the cabs. When standing upright they stand on the rubber bumper. When lying flat they rest on the bumper. When stacked in the van only the bumpers touch...Ive had my rig 2 years and it has zero scratches from transportation.

and yes, the Line6Link system is brilliant...I expect to see Yamaha pick that up in other products.

I too like the sound/build quality of the QSC and Yamaha cabs but its just not designed as well from a practical end user perspective.
I'll add that to my potential list then I reckon.
Larrivee 00 Acoustic. FAV Strat for electric. Ibanez SDGR5 for bass. Push for Ableton. When not doing that, 3D CAD for tunnels...

Zaulkin
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 737 times
Been liked: 511 times

Post by Zaulkin »

jeremyb wrote:Thanks to delicious Dave at the Rockshop I now have a L2T in my possession! Can't wait to try it out!!!
Awesome!!

KentNZ
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 50 times

Post by KentNZ »

Dave rocks.
Larrivee 00 Acoustic. FAV Strat for electric. Ibanez SDGR5 for bass. Push for Ableton. When not doing that, 3D CAD for tunnels...

SimpleSi
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 177 times
Been liked: 116 times

Post by SimpleSi »

jeremyb wrote:Thanks to delicious Dave at the Rockshop I now have a L2T in my possession! Can't wait to try it out!!!
I bought the other 1 with a bag. Dave told me you bought one too lol.
Mine is making its way to Hamilton
Instagram: @simonperssonmusic www.Simonperssonmusic.com
Guitars: Duesenberg Julia, DIY Duesenberg Walnut Caribou, DIY Custom Strat, Duesenberg Tom Bukovac Session man Starplayer TV, PRS SE Silver Sky, Maton ECW80C Acoustic, Duesenberg Paloma

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs

Post by jeremyb »

Got a bag coming from Auckland branch, nice work Si!

Kent, this gives you a good run down on the options with the stagesource speakers :

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kB10YuZELJU[/youtube]
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

SimpleSi
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 177 times
Been liked: 116 times

Post by SimpleSi »

I didn't know it had the accelerometer feature. That's cool
Instagram: @simonperssonmusic www.Simonperssonmusic.com
Guitars: Duesenberg Julia, DIY Duesenberg Walnut Caribou, DIY Custom Strat, Duesenberg Tom Bukovac Session man Starplayer TV, PRS SE Silver Sky, Maton ECW80C Acoustic, Duesenberg Paloma

stuu
PRS McCarty
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 6 times

Post by stuu »

I read somewhere (TGP, i think... so grain of salt etc) that the 2nd speaker on the L3M/T is basically dedicated to lower frequencies anyway. So not much additional use to anyone unless extended range or bass applications are a consideration.

Now if only i could shift my tremoverb i might actually be able to buy something.
PlukkyBoy wrote:My ability as a guitar player is easily outstripped by my abilities as a guitar buyer

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs

Post by jeremyb »

stuu wrote:I read somewhere (TGP, i think... so grain of salt etc) that the 2nd speaker on the L3M/T is basically dedicated to lower frequencies anyway. So not much additional use to anyone unless extended range or bass applications are a consideration.

Now if only i could shift my tremoverb i might actually be able to buy something.
Yep, it has a 250Hz crossover for the second 10"er, I'm pretty pleased I chose the L2T tho', the L3 is quite large, and 26Kg, and I was aiming for a lighter rig to lug around :lol:

rickenbackerkid
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 206 times
Been liked: 651 times

Post by rickenbackerkid »

SimpleSi wrote:I didn't know it had the accelerometer feature. That's cool
I'd call it 'more shit to break' personally . . .

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs

Post by jeremyb »

Well... first practice tonight with the L2T, man, this thing has some balls, and what I hear in my headphones you hear out of the speaker, it's super clear, had it in monitor position using the handle and that worked really well for my sound and the other guys to hear me, I had the master on the L2T at less than half way, and likewise the HD500 master set about the same, and it was PLENTY loud, holy crap can only imagine how loud it would be with both on full!

Downsides... my dirt tone needs some work, the SLO model I'm using sounds a bit digital, need to have a play around to get something a bit more organic sounding, but my "clean" tone with the /13 model and /13 cab sounds fucking awesome, really REALLY happy with that!!!

olegmcnoleg
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 860 times
Been liked: 741 times

Post by olegmcnoleg »

jeremyb wrote:Well... first practice tonight with the L2T, man, this thing has some balls, and what I hear in my headphones you hear out of the speaker, it's super clear, had it in monitor position using the handle and that worked really well for my sound and the other guys to hear me, I had the master on the L2T at less than half way, and likewise the HD500 master set about the same, and it was PLENTY loud, holy crap can only imagine how loud it would be with both on full!

Downsides... my dirt tone needs some work, the SLO model I'm using sounds a bit digital, need to have a play around to get something a bit more organic sounding, but my "clean" tone with the /13 model and /13 cab sounds fucking awesome, really REALLY happy with that!!!
Yes! The /13 HD tone is awesome, as is the /13 cab. I love it.

Lawrence
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 37 times
Been liked: 605 times

Post by Lawrence »

jeremyb wrote: had it in monitor position using the handle
dont mean to imply you missed it but several people have not noticed the actual flip out legs for the monitor position...just checking in case! :wink:

If it helps...Im running the global EQ cut at 90Hz and 6K and the cab filters on most of my drive sounds is cut at 100hz and 5K. (I tend to favour warmth over bite)
GrantB wrote:
“You might be cool, but you’ll never be playing a white Steinberger through a JC120, wearing a white jumpsuit with white shoes and sporting a mullet cool”.

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs

Post by jeremyb »

Lawrence wrote:
jeremyb wrote: had it in monitor position using the handle
dont mean to imply you missed it but several people have not noticed the actual flip out legs for the monitor position...just checking in case! :wink:

If it helps...Im running the global EQ cut at 90Hz and 6K and the cab filters on most of my drive sounds is cut at 100hz and 5K. (I tend to favour warmth over bite)
LOL knew about those, just prefer the shallower angle of the handle :)

Ahhh thats good to know, will change my GEQ to be the same and see how it sounds :)