hamo
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 638 times
Been liked: 806 times

Re: Line6 L2M vs L3M

Post by hamo »

jeremyb wrote:Well... first practice tonight with the L2T, man, this thing has some balls, and what I hear in my headphones you hear out of the speaker, it's super clear, had it in monitor position using the handle and that worked really well for my sound and the other guys to hear me, I had the master on the L2T at less than half way, and likewise the HD500 master set about the same, and it was PLENTY loud, holy crap can only imagine how loud it would be with both on full!

Downsides... my dirt tone needs some work, the SLO model I'm using sounds a bit digital, need to have a play around to get something a bit more organic sounding, but my "clean" tone with the /13 model and /13 cab sounds fucking awesome, really REALLY happy with that!!!
I always kept coming back to the Mesa models on the old HD. Can you mix and match a bit?
Aquila Rosso wrote:I don't a mind an iced tea rimjob one little bit :congrats:
Molly wrote:Trousers are no substitute for talent
druz wrote:I present to you, the whogivesafuckocaster

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Has liked: 7736 times
Been liked: 4180 times

Post by jeremyb »

hamo wrote:
jeremyb wrote:Well... first practice tonight with the L2T, man, this thing has some balls, and what I hear in my headphones you hear out of the speaker, it's super clear, had it in monitor position using the handle and that worked really well for my sound and the other guys to hear me, I had the master on the L2T at less than half way, and likewise the HD500 master set about the same, and it was PLENTY loud, holy crap can only imagine how loud it would be with both on full!

Downsides... my dirt tone needs some work, the SLO model I'm using sounds a bit digital, need to have a play around to get something a bit more organic sounding, but my "clean" tone with the /13 model and /13 cab sounds fucking awesome, really REALLY happy with that!!!
I always kept coming back to the Mesa models on the old HD. Can you mix and match a bit?
Yeah, gonna have a play around with some options tonight and see what I can come up with :)
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs

Post by jeremyb »

Seems like I have a horrible rattle of death noise at certain frequencies, and I don't think it's the fan issue thats widely documented, got a gig coming up on the 22nd but after that it's going to have to go back to be repaired... joy...
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

Kiwiaxe
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 245 times

Post by Kiwiaxe »

Sorry to hear that Jeremy. If you are in Auckland, I can lend you a L3T for the gig.

I've been using an L3M + L3T + 2x L3S (run by a M20D, and fed into a pair of Sennheiser transmitters for IEM) for our band - everything goes through the PA, no amps on stage - and I've found the sound to be excellent. I'd even go so far as to say the best live guitar sound I've ever had, even compared to when I used to go through my Mesa Boogie Mk4 (and my now-no-longer owned Marshall 30th anniversary and Bogner Shiva).

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs

Post by jeremyb »

Thanks mate, but in chch, will get me through ok, might just turn it down on stage, it's just for my reference, will be going direct for FOH :)

stuu
PRS McCarty
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 6 times

Post by stuu »

Oh noe. Interested to hear how you get on, and what the problem is!

For disclosure: I ended up with an L3M. Looks great in the lounge

:mrgreen: :shh: :mrgreen:
PlukkyBoy wrote:My ability as a guitar player is easily outstripped by my abilities as a guitar buyer

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs

Post by jeremyb »

stuu wrote:Oh noe. Interested to hear how you get on, and what the problem is!

For disclosure: I ended up with an L3M. Looks great in the lounge

:mrgreen: :shh: :mrgreen:
Mmm kinda wondering if it's the tweeter has got a bit borked or something, it's a really weird noise!

Kris
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 125 times
Been liked: 386 times

Post by Kris »

could be mate-after playing the helix through my PA the left tweeter crapped out.had guitar panned hard left at rehersals.

Zaulkin
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 739 times
Been liked: 512 times

Post by Zaulkin »

Maybe a tube amp is the more reliable choice after all :D

Kris
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 125 times
Been liked: 386 times

Post by Kris »

i couldnt get used to the modeled sound at rehearsals,didnt sit well with an angry orange barking away in the corner.Sounded fine in isolation or with the drums.Another idea that didnt work in the real world(for my version of praise and worship)

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs

Post by jeremyb »

Zaulkin wrote:Maybe a valve amp is the more reliable choice after all :D
:lol: I think it's time to start an acoustic post rock band, I'll just play in tiny rooms to get enough volume and reverb :)

MattAnt
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 113 times

Post by MattAnt »

Has anyone compared these to the Friedman ASM-12, the Atomic CLR, or the Mission Engineering Gemini? Helix on the way and wondering what is the best solution.
Scarecrow101 on TradeMe

KentNZ
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 50 times

Post by KentNZ »

Kris as you using the same speaker, or are you just both using Helix and it seems they're hard on tweeters??
Larrivee 00 Acoustic. FAV Strat for electric. Ibanez SDGR5 for bass. Push for Ableton. When not doing that, 3D CAD for tunnels...

Kiwiaxe
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 245 times

Post by Kiwiaxe »

MattAnt wrote:Has anyone compared these to the Friedman ASM-12, the Atomic CLR, or the Mission Engineering Gemini? Helix on the way and wondering what is the best solution.
I have CLRs and L3s. Interestingly, I'm trying the Kemper through the L3M right now instead of the CLR to see what I think (and whether I can really justify having the CLRs if the L3s will do the job as well).

Initial impressions is that the CLRs are a bit more "amp in the room" kind of tone. But after a few hours of playing the L3s, my ear kind of got used to those as well. My experience at band practice when I ran through a CLR was that the CLR isn't as loud as the L3 and the guitar got a bit lost without cranking up the CLR more than I expected.

So the experiment is still going on, but I suspect the answer is going to be that the CLR is slightly better sounding and if you had to choose between the two you would probably be best going for the CLR - but the L3 is pretty darn close and if you are going to have L3s anyway (because you use them for a PA) probably hard to justify having the CLRs also.

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs

Post by jeremyb »

The friedman is just a rebranded chinese thing, would avoid...