jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 7735 times
Been liked: 4179 times

Re: NWTFOMGLOLJBPD HD500X Thread

Post by jeremyb »

Thanks Dan!
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

Bg
Site Admin
Has liked: 2264 times
Been liked: 3907 times

Post by Bg »

is it tonight? good luck JB, hope you have a ball! and don't forget to adjust the guitar strap so yours are covered...
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

HackSaw
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 145 times
Been liked: 519 times

Post by HackSaw »

Yeah - have a great show JB!

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs

Post by jeremyb »

Thanks lads, it was amazing, my rig was flawless, could hear myself so clearly on stage! I also got to chew the fat with some heroes of mine, still buzzing!!!
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

StratMatt
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 557 times
Been liked: 621 times

Post by StratMatt »

Awesome dude, living the dream!
Loving it so far

bluesierra
Tokai
Tokai
Has liked: 68 times
Been liked: 69 times

Post by bluesierra »

Thats awesome man. A real feel good story.

sirvill
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 115 times
Been liked: 241 times

Post by sirvill »

Yeah was gonna post yesterday after the Wellington gig that you had big things ahead as both Heavy Metal Ninjas and BTBAM were epic... but I didn't wanna psyche you out!!

Glad the HD500X held its own a bit against the large number of AxeFX units floating round the two main acts! I'm guessing (especially live with anhyone sensible wearing earplugs) the differences wouldn't have been that bad.

Having said that HMN sounded AWESOME in Wellington.

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs

Post by jeremyb »

We missed out on HMN down here, last minute change :( Was gutted as I was keen to catch up with those lads again!

Their Axe setups sounded amazing, but they were using mesa triple rectifiers as power amps and mesa 4x12s on stage, which were mic'd up, I went direct from my L2T to the desk rather than stereo out from the HD as they were short on cables due to all the backline setup :)

sirvill
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 115 times
Been liked: 241 times

Post by sirvill »

Ah... yeah I think they were using 5150s as poweramps down here (well there were some on stage anyway).

Oh gutted, they were beastly in Welly.

And yeah setup is always interesting - especially at Valhalla in welly which has a stage the size of a postage stamp.

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs

Post by jeremyb »

Mmmm we struggled for room a tad with having to have our drumkit and gear in front of BTBAM's gear, was a tad tight! :lol: Not complaining tho', what a night!

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs

Post by jeremyb »

For those wondering, this is the band we were opening for: https://qello.com/concert/Future-Sequen ... orium-5803

It's progressive metal (with a mix of clean and cookie monster vocals) not everyones cup of tea, but their musicianship is outstanding, and the nicest bunch of blokes you'll meet!

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs

Post by jeremyb »

Been a while since I've had an update on this, still very happy with this setup, seem to have some issues with the L6 link and cabling, digital artifacts and stuff happening, sounds like crackling or rattling but it's not....

I'm using the pro level planet waves (d'addario???) stuff, seems more reliable with the 25 foot cable compared to the 10's I have... hmmm... might have to get a real AES cable to try, or make my own.... hmmm....

Currently waiting on my AMT Pangaea to arrive from Thomann, the power amp sims are pretty darn good on the HD, but it's really let down by the cabs, a lot of people describe them as fizzy, but I don't hear that, I just find them a bit lack lustre, experiments with using an IR loader on my laptop sounded really good so hopefully this will take my toan into another level!

We're going to be recording an album soon so I'd like to have a really solid sound for that :)

shafter
Ashton
Ashton
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 7 times

Post by shafter »

I would really be interested in the result of your Pangaea Jeremy.. I have an Hd Pro X I got off BG and have the same thoughts about the cabs.
Stress... when you wake up screaming and realise you haven't been asleep yet!!

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs

Post by jeremyb »

This arrived today, am at home this afternoon so I loaded a couple of IR's on there, quick wang through some headphones on my dirt patch, compared against the stock cabs, and was noticeably better, both sound a bit average through headphones tho', no reverb or anything on my dirt patch, so aching to try it tonight at band practice! See how she sits in the mix!

Kris
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 125 times
Been liked: 386 times

Post by Kris »

jeremyb wrote:quick wang