Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 7685 times
Been liked: 4157 times

NWTFOMGLOLJBPD HD500X Thread

Post by jeremyb »

Firstly, mucho gracias to the delightful NZRS-Dave for the amazing service and putting up with a million questions from me!!!

Secondly, well, I've sold a whole bunch of pedals I need to perform with and now need something to tide me over until the helix or AX8 are available here (late feb / early march for both)....and don't have the money at the moment to buy one even if they were available... so.... yeah.... HD500X!!! BOOYAH!!!!

Last edited by jeremyb on Thu Jan 07, 2016 8:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

mttn3
PRS
PRS
Has liked: 143 times
Been liked: 45 times

Re: NWTFOMGLOLJBPD

Post by mttn3 »

Wow that has so many buttons you could almost play it like a piano, but with your feet. It looks super shiny and cool. Congrats :D

Polar Bear
Burns BHM
Has liked: 340 times
Been liked: 342 times

Post by Polar Bear »

ACtual lol.
Zephyr - Wellington's Leading Covers Band

http://zephyrband.co.nz/
https://www.facebook.com/ZephyrBandNZ

Bg
Site Admin
Has liked: 2254 times
Been liked: 3873 times

Post by Bg »

Hahahahahahahahhhhahahhahahahahha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha :)
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

Eruera
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 35 times

Post by Eruera »

The circle is complete

slash-ed
Resident Gear Whore
Has liked: 97 times
Been liked: 424 times

Post by slash-ed »

Wait, is it April 1st already?
Just a small town girl living in a lonely world

Kloppsta
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 81 times
Been liked: 91 times

Post by Kloppsta »

Little by little, by hook or by crook

sirvill
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 115 times
Been liked: 241 times

Post by sirvill »

Holy fuck :lol:

Molly
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 2482 times
Been liked: 2794 times

Post by Molly »

jeremyb wrote:Firstly, mucho gracias to the delightful NZRS-Dave for the amazing service and putting up with a million questions from me!!!
Can I ask why you went for that one instead of, say, the Boss GT-100? I was looking at the Boss recently and wondering if it was worth a punt. Maybe they're not the same sort of thing?

http://www.rockshop.co.nz/shop/guitars/ ... essor.html

Cheers.

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1011 times
Been liked: 2465 times

Post by Slowy »

Yeah, this will go well. It'll be like hooking up with an ex only to be reminded why you ditched her in the first place. :roll:
Beyond a critical point within a finite space, freedom diminishes as numbers increase. This is as true of humans as it is of gas molecules in a sealed flask. The human question is not how many can possibly survive within the system, but what kind of existence is possible for those who so survive.

Kloppsta
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Kloppsta »

Slowy wrote:Yeah, this will go well. It'll be like hooking up with an ex only to be reminded why you ditched her in the first place. :roll:
Perhaps....but it could also be like hooking up with an ex who gives amazing head. Now that time has passed you are a lot wiser and equipped to handle and manage her difficulty a lot better, therefore negating the negative aspects of your original incompatibility and reaping the rewards. :thumbup:

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1011 times
Been liked: 2465 times

Post by Slowy »

Kloppsta wrote:
Slowy wrote:Yeah, this will go well. It'll be like hooking up with an ex only to be reminded why you ditched her in the first place. :roll:
Perhaps....but it could also be like hooking up with an ex who gives amazing head. Now that time has passed you are a lot wiser and equipped to handle and manage her difficulty a lot better, therefore negating the negative aspects of your original incompatibility and reaping the rewards. :thumbup:
I'm still recovering from Flu; and you're being so damned positive........
Beyond a critical point within a finite space, freedom diminishes as numbers increase. This is as true of humans as it is of gas molecules in a sealed flask. The human question is not how many can possibly survive within the system, but what kind of existence is possible for those who so survive.

Kloppsta
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Kloppsta »

Slowy wrote:
Kloppsta wrote:
I'm still recovering from Flu; and you're being so damned positive........
lol sorry. out of character for me i know. hope you feel better soon. oh, and fuck the world. :evil:

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Has liked: 7685 times
Been liked: 4157 times

Post by jeremyb »

Molly wrote:
jeremyb wrote:Firstly, mucho gracias to the delightful NZRS-Dave for the amazing service and putting up with a million questions from me!!!
Can I ask why you went for that one instead of, say, the Boss GT-100? I was looking at the Boss recently and wondering if it was worth a punt. Maybe they're not the same sort of thing?

http://www.rockshop.co.nz/shop/guitars/ ... essor.html

Cheers.
I did consider the GT-100, but I had some requirements:

1. Will use it touring, so had to have amp modelling that didn't sound terrible (The GT-100 models are pants), at home it will just be going direct into my amp as a multi effects unit only.

2. Flexibility. I need to be able to use multiple modulated and clean delays (GT-100 lets you have one block where you can place a delay, and only two delays at that spot). The HD has 8 blocks where you can put any effect :).

3. Effects. The M series stuff is more the kind of effects I need, shimmery verbs, modulated delays etc

There were a few other things I didn't like about the GT-100 in terms of what I need from a multi-effects unit, and I didn't go with an M series Line6 because the big daddy M13 only has 4 blocks and no ability to pan the output left or right for my channel switching requirements on the Ryan built... also the M series switches are shit and break easily, especially if you use tap tempo a lot :)
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

stuu
PRS McCarty
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 6 times

Post by stuu »

jeremyb wrote: until the helix or AX8 are available here (late feb / early march for both)
**cough** :silent:

:wave: :wave:

I think now that you have a definitive musical focus you'll see the unit very differently than you did in your ZOMGSTEPHENCARPENTER phase.
PlukkyBoy wrote:My ability as a guitar player is easily outstripped by my abilities as a guitar buyer