codedog
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 3486 times
Been liked: 1088 times

NAD Laney IRT-Studio

Post by codedog »

This has finally been delivered at 2:30pm, after sitting in a courier van since 7am! Now I have to wait until I get home :cry: At least it will keep me amused over the weekend... after doing the lawn... washing the dogs... etc... etc...

Mattallica
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 558 times
Been liked: 175 times

Re: NAD Laney IRT-Studio

Post by Mattallica »

Cool man, did you get a good deal? what cab are you going to run it through? Going in a rack case with other cool gear?

codedog
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by codedog »

Mattallica wrote:Cool man, did you get a good deal? what cab are you going to run it through? Going in a rack case with other cool gear?
I don't have budget approval for a cab yet. Besides, I don't gig so I'm happy to run it through my mixer to the monitors or headphones for now. Will worry about cabs when I can justify it, or an offer I can't refuse comes along.

I've only had combos before this so it will sit next to my mixer for now, on a shelf. I'm a tad worried about heat and air circulation. Hopefully it won't be an issue.

shafter
Ashton
Ashton
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 7 times

Post by shafter »

Nice amp's i've sold a few of these and used one in the shop for quite a while.. I think you'll be pleased.
Stress... when you wake up screaming and realise you haven't been asleep yet!!

Mattallica
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Mattallica »

Fair enough, the cab sim sounds alright so you can run straight out of the amp and not miss out.

I have mine sandwiched between another amp and a rack drawer. Run for an hour or two at a time and no overheating issues as of yet. I think as long as there is space for air to go front to back or side to side you'll be all good

codedog
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by codedog »

Mattallica wrote: I have mine sandwiched between another amp and a rack drawer. Run for an hour or two at a time and no overheating issues as of yet. I think as long as there is space for air to go front to back or side to side you'll be all good
That's good to hear. How long have you had yours? What cab are you using? I assume you're playing mostly metal?

Mattallica
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Mattallica »

Hmm i think it was sometime in December '14 * when i bought it *. I got a cheap Cub cab at the time, and also bought a Laney GS212 earlier this year. I like them both but the GS is closed back and is better for the metal, as you correctly assumed lol.

Jack Thammarat makes some sweet non-metal sounds with the IRT if you're after some references

sopachrga
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 59 times

Post by sopachrga »

Had one for a while. They sound great.
Ummm....

stratkiwi
Ashton
Ashton
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 29 times

Post by stratkiwi »

Good stuff I saw one of these amps at shearers and already decided that the IRT studio will be the next amp I buy unless one of the bigger ironheart heads comes along at some stage

codedog
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by codedog »

sopachrga wrote:Had one for a while. They sound great.
Was that you selling it last year? IIRC jeremyb also mentioned you built an iso cab?

I've just set it up here and had a very quick play. It's quite trebley at the moment, will have to spend more time tweaking it. I had a VC30 that was quite trebly, but I managed to tame it. Fingers crossed I can do the same here. So far it's a super amp, love the clean channel too! I loved my VC30 but it was damn loud. After that I went to a Cub 12R, didn't like it much at all. This one now is much more reminiscent of my VC30 but in a rather manageable form and suits my needs better.

shafter
Ashton
Ashton
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 7 times

Post by shafter »

I really like the 1 watt input you can really crank it and its fine at bedroom levels..
Stress... when you wake up screaming and realise you haven't been asleep yet!!

codedog
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by codedog »

shafter wrote:I really like the 1 watt input you can really crank it and its fine at bedroom levels..
I'm using the simulated DI through a mixer and monitors, going through the 15W is working just fine for me :) Will give the 1W a go when I get a cab in the future. This feels like a keeper to me... famous last words ;)

sopachrga
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 59 times

Post by sopachrga »

codedog wrote:
sopachrga wrote:Had one for a while. They sound great.
Was that you selling it last year? IIRC jeremyb also mentioned you built an iso cab?

I've just set it up here and had a very quick play. It's quite trebley at the moment, will have to spend more time tweaking it. I had a VC30 that was quite trebly, but I managed to tame it. Fingers crossed I can do the same here. So far it's a super amp, love the clean channel too! I loved my VC30 but it was damn loud. After that I went to a Cub 12R, didn't like it much at all. This one now is much more reminiscent of my VC30 but in a rather manageable form and suits my needs better.
Yep that was me.
I did a hard rock demo of mine.

https://soundcloud.com/mindless-and-mes ... rding-test
Ummm....

codedog
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by codedog »

Obligatory photo for NAD...

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Has liked: 7724 times
Been liked: 4169 times

Post by jeremyb »

Nice one dude, they're a great amp, prefect for recording or gigging!
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.