hamo
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 638 times
Been liked: 807 times

Re: Digitech FreqOut

Post by hamo »

That Pete Thorn guy's pretty shit at guitar eh?
Aquila Rosso wrote:I don't a mind an iced tea rimjob one little bit :congrats:
Molly wrote:Trousers are no substitute for talent
druz wrote:I present to you, the whogivesafuckocaster

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1018 times
Been liked: 2489 times

Post by Slowy »

hamo wrote:That Pete Thorn guy's pretty shit at guitar eh?
Hopeless.
Beyond a critical point within a finite space, freedom diminishes as numbers increase. This is as true of humans as it is of gas molecules in a sealed flask. The human question is not how many can possibly survive within the system, but what kind of existence is possible for those who so survive.

GrantB
ADMIN
Has liked: 1360 times
Been liked: 2098 times

Post by GrantB »

I do find his "tone" anemic in that clip. I do note that tone is becoming more prevalent though, especially from Suhr/Dusey/PRS players...*squeals and runs for cover*
"Man is the most insane species. He worships an invisible god and destroys a visible nature. Unaware that this nature he's destroying is this god he's worshipping." - Hubert Reeves

Conway
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 243 times
Been liked: 966 times

Post by Conway »

GrantB wrote:...especially from Suhr/Dusey/PRS players...*squeals and runs for cover*
:evil: [throws rotten tomatoes at fleeing GrantB]
GUITARS ROCK - www.guitarsrock.co.nz
TONE LOUNGE - www.tonelounge.co.nz

LucyTheSpud
Squier
Has liked: 17 times
Been liked: 48 times

Post by LucyTheSpud »

GrantB wrote:
I do find his "tone" anemic in that clip. I do note that tone is becoming more prevalent though, especially from Suhr/Dusey/PRS players...*squeals and runs for cover*
Shots fired

Conway
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Conway »

Getting back to that Pete Thorn dude though, I'm surprised he can play when he can't even look at the fretboard straight.

null_pointer
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 163 times
Been liked: 410 times

Post by null_pointer »

Pete would just about be my ideal of a 'rock' guitarist. If I were doing mainstream rock type stuff, he'd be the first guy I'd call for tasty leads. Seems Melissa Etheridge, Chris Cornell etc also agree.
One of the things I do like about him is he actually knows how to drive the gear he demos. Not to say every item is a must buy at all, but you definitely get a good look at the capabilities of anything he shows, and can make a far more informed decision off his videos than the vast majority of 'generic blues pentatonic noodle' that appears on every other one.

LucyTheSpud
Squier

Post by LucyTheSpud »

null_pointer wrote:Pete would just about be my ideal of a 'rock' guitarist. If I were doing mainstream rock type stuff, he'd be the first guy I'd call for tasty leads. Seems Melissa Etheridge, Chris Cornell etc also agree.
One of the things I do like about him is he actually knows how to drive the gear he demos. Not to say every item is a must buy at all, but you definitely get a good look at the capabilities of anything he shows, and can make a far more informed decision off his videos than the vast majority of 'generic blues pentatonic noodle' that appears on every other one.
Every part of the tune he does in this demo is using different features of the pedal. Great way to demo and show its uses

Kris
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 125 times
Been liked: 386 times

Post by Kris »

HackSaw wrote:
Aquila Rossa wrote:Digitech were big in the early 90s with affordable rack gear, but that thing faded. Whammy pedal saved them. Maybe this is the new trick up their sleeves.
Digitech/DOD have been slaying it lately. Recent releases have just been awesome! Carcosa is my fave and the one I still own, but have had the ventura and the obscura, and both sound incredible.
Agreed.Seems like Digi/dod got onto the boutique angle pretty quick and started making some cool quirky stuff.Carcosa was a joint effort with earthquaker? EDIT-i was thinking of the boneshaker/Black arts

GrantB
ADMIN

Post by GrantB »

null_pointer wrote:Pete would just about be my ideal of a 'rock' guitarist. If I were doing mainstream rock type stuff, he'd be the first guy I'd call for tasty leads. Seems Melissa Etheridge, Chris Cornell etc also agree.
Before the internets really got happening for gear heads, I was a purchaser of Pete's albums on a format called compact disk.
"Man is the most insane species. He worships an invisible god and destroys a visible nature. Unaware that this nature he's destroying is this god he's worshipping." - Hubert Reeves

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Slowy »

Conway wrote:Getting back to that Pete Thorn dude though, I'm surprised he can play when he can't even look at the fretboard straight.
Probably thinks he only plays double necks.
Beyond a critical point within a finite space, freedom diminishes as numbers increase. This is as true of humans as it is of gas molecules in a sealed flask. The human question is not how many can possibly survive within the system, but what kind of existence is possible for those who so survive.

GrantB
ADMIN

Post by GrantB »

So Slowy, did you order your FreqOut locally, or from online overseas dealer?

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Slowy »

GrantB wrote:So Slowy, did you order your FreqOut locally, or from online overseas dealer?
Proguitarshop :oops:

LucyTheSpud
Squier

Post by LucyTheSpud »

Slowy wrote:
GrantB wrote:So Slowy, did you order your FreqOut locally, or from online overseas dealer?
Proguitarshop :oops:
Have you add any updates yet? Im still hanging around for the importers shipment to arrive.

Conway
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Conway »

It's a race to see who gets one first...