Bg
Site Admin
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 2254 times
Been liked: 3873 times

Re: New BOSS Products coming....

Post by Bg »

slash-ed wrote:
Scooter13 wrote:I also don't really understand the advantage of the pedalboard version aside from being able to charge the transmitter on stage...which, well if you have to do that you're using a cable for a while anyway. So really you have bulkier version of the transmitter and receiver but taking up pedalboard space? What am I missing?
WL-50 has longer range (20m vs 15m), as well as selectable cable tone (off, short lead, long lead). As Grant says as well, in the event of emergency, no need to pull apart your board, just plug straight in.

Haha I'm finding the form factor debate super interesting. For me, I'm like YAY NO BELT PACK but half of you guys be like HOW WILL THIS TINY BUG WITHSTAND MY ROCKSTAR STAGE ANTICS :lol: :lol: :lol:
Dude its not tiny when its sticking out of the edge of Les Paul is it.... or out the front of a guitar - straight out. Its vulnerable. Not too bad on a strat, even then it would get in the way - but anything else meh....
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

slash-ed
Resident Gear Whore
Has liked: 97 times
Been liked: 424 times

Post by slash-ed »

Haha I've used it on my guitars for the past few weeks with little issue (all LP style location, except one awkward behind the body jack). I definitely see your point with things like Jazzmasters which just have a jack output right on the front face of the guitar. Swinging right hand + thing sticking out of body = disaster.

But in general, I've never had issues bumping the cable coming out my guitar so I don't see why this is really any different...

YMMV etc ;)
Just a small town girl living in a lonely world

Scooter13
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 40 times
Been liked: 69 times

Post by Scooter13 »

slash-ed wrote: As Grant says as well, in the event of emergency, no need to pull apart your board, just plug straight in.
Why would you need to pull your board apart? Unplug the receiver and plug the cable in...

slash-ed
Resident Gear Whore

Post by slash-ed »

Scooter13 wrote:
slash-ed wrote: As Grant says as well, in the event of emergency, no need to pull apart your board, just plug straight in.
Why would you need to pull your board apart? Unplug the receiver and plug the cable in...
I was referring to Grant's example of the G30, pedalboard mounted but if you're out of batteries you don't have an emergency input.

Scooter13
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Scooter13 »

slash-ed wrote: But in general, I've never had issues bumping the cable coming out my guitar so I don't see why this is really any different...

YMMV etc ;)
You're not rocking hard enough. Statue bro? :lol: :lol: :lol:

slash-ed
Resident Gear Whore

Post by slash-ed »

We've gigged in the same band(s) together so you know that's not true ;)

Scooter13
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Scooter13 »

slash-ed wrote:We've gigged in the same band(s) together so you know that's not true ;)
Hehe. Just pulling your chain man.

Bg
Site Admin

Post by Bg »

slash-ed wrote:Haha I've used it on my guitars for the past few weeks with little issue (all LP style location, except one awkward behind the body jack). I definitely see your point with things like Jazzmasters which just have a jack output right on the front face of the guitar. Swinging right hand + thing sticking out of body = disaster.

But in general, I've never had issues bumping the cable coming out my guitar so I don't see why this is really any different...

YMMV etc ;)
My mileage doesn't really count as I'm not gigging anyway, just sayin' it's like a pubescent boys cock sticking out when matron tucks him up in bed.... ;)
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

Single coil
BANNED
Has liked: 1110 times
Been liked: 485 times

Post by Single coil »

Bg wrote:just sayin' it's like a pubescent boys cock sticking out when matron tucks him up in bed.... ;)
10/10
werdna wrote:Well at least I can still make toast in the bath without anyone telling me it's unsafe.

Bg
Site Admin

Post by Bg »

I'm here all week, try the veal ;)

JHorner
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 394 times
Been liked: 488 times

Post by JHorner »

Scooter13 wrote:
GrantB wrote:
Bg wrote:fuck me, could you make a bigger dongle for the guitar? I'd rather have something that clips onto me strap than that!
Saw that. Can’t you just use a short cable with a female end and put this unit in your pocket?
Yeah, but a cable with a female end isn't usually just lying around.

REEEPOSSST

Make any cable into a female ended cable!

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Has liked: 7685 times
Been liked: 4157 times

Post by jeremyb »

Yeah there's no reason you couldn't use a short extension lead, i'd be a little worried about knocking one on my tele, but I'm sure they've actually real world tested this stuff so it's bound to be solid.
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

jumpingtam
Stagg
Stagg
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 20 times

Post by jumpingtam »

handsoffmatt wrote:But this is the product....

https://www.boss.info/us/products/ms-3/
Cool. It's like a modern day version of the TC Electronic G-System but more compact and probably lighter. This will appeal to many I'm sure. I like it already.
nothing to see here

Danger Mouse
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 351 times
Been liked: 661 times

Post by Danger Mouse »

jeremyb wrote:Yeah there's no reason you couldn't use a short extension lead, i'd be a little worried about knocking one on my tele, but I'm sure they've actually real world tested this stuff so it's bound to be solid.
Or there's a reason why they sell spares separately ... :lol:

As most of my guitars are jack on the outer edge types a flatter, right-angle plug variant would be better for me, but even for home use I'm clumsy enough to easily break one.
The older I get, the more disappointed in myself I become.

Bg
Site Admin

Post by Bg »

Danger Mouse wrote:
jeremyb wrote:Yeah there's no reason you couldn't use a short extension lead, i'd be a little worried about knocking one on my tele, but I'm sure they've actually real world tested this stuff so it's bound to be solid.
Or there's a reason why they sell spares separately ... :lol:

As most of my guitars are jack on the outer edge types a flatter, right-angle plug variant would be better for me, but even for home use I'm clumsy enough to easily break one.
Thats exactly me. I'm hoping theres a metal core that goes right through it so no snap-offage! Which is probably the case. Even then I'd break the thing on the edge of a guitar.

It would only take one adrian smith stance, with the guitar on your thigh and its gone!

"Sweet baby beegeebus, who farted?"