Gear Aquisition Syndrome is a serious disorder.... FX etc

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

WellyBlues
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 519 times
Been liked: 352 times

Re: Gear you've owned more than once....

Post by WellyBlues »

Bg wrote:line 6 M13 x3, M9 x2
I've never owned anything else twice, strat shaped guitars many times etc. but not the exact same thing. Even my MX5's were all different colours :P
Hairdresser :rofl:
Slowy wrote: Ultimately though, guitars are like women. On paper there's not much difference but only a few can make you happy.
Ray Wylie Hubbard wrote: And the days that I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations Well, I have really good days

Bg
Site Admin
Has liked: 2255 times
Been liked: 3873 times

Post by Bg »

shite, if we're talking repeat hairdressers - its been over that... 5x MX5's, 1x Daihatsu Rocky barbie jeep, 1x MR2, 1x Alfa.... thats only since I came to nz ;) :)
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

Bg
Site Admin

Post by Bg »

Aquila Rossa wrote:I was going to say nothing, but then I remembered that BG was good enough to sell me my old Fuzzie bro 808 clone back. Good pedal for a screamer type. Has all the good bits inside. Not sure what difference they make tbh. Has a second footswitch that turns it into a Keeley modded 808. Separate drive control for the mod, so can set up a clean boost on one side and then kick in more dirt.

Only thing sold as far as pedals go that i want back is script logo Phase 90 RI. Batteries only and no LED tho, but it sounded fantastic.

Guitar wise. A good SG would be nice. Want that more than another LP. 245 is cutting it for now tho, although it needs a setup tweak that is beyond me (can't get truss rod and action right, which i usually manage no probs)

Amps? Nah. Would not buy the amps I have already had. Laney is doing fine for me. I would like a late 70s JMP MkII with a nice cab, but would never get to use it unless I load box it.
That was a cracking drive made by the fuzz, glad to have returned it. Think I still have the other chip for its guts somewhere... I throw nothing away.
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

rickenbackerkid
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 206 times
Been liked: 651 times

Post by rickenbackerkid »

I'm a shocker with Boss pedals. I've had multiple DD20, DD3, DD5, DD2, RV2, RV3, TU2, BD2, TR2. I sell them to upgrade but a couple of years later, realise that the form is the best in the pedal world, the sounds are really good and practical and so I buy them again. I'm hanging on to a DD2, DD5 and RV3 now, even though I don't use them, but I know if I sell them one day I'll buy them back!

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1011 times
Been liked: 2466 times

Post by Slowy »

bbrunskill wrote:I'm a shocker with Boss pedals. I've had multiple DD20, DD3, DD5, DD2, RV2, RV3, TU2, BD2, TR2. I sell them to upgrade but a couple of years later, realise that the form is the best in the pedal world, the sounds are really good and practical and so I buy them again. I'm hanging on to a DD2, DD5 and RV3 now, even though I don't use them, but I know if I sell them one day I'll buy them back!
If you (are a sad enough creature that you) study pro pedalboards, you can't escape the fact that many are built around Boss.
Beyond a critical point within a finite space, freedom diminishes as numbers increase. This is as true of humans as it is of gas molecules in a sealed flask. The human question is not how many can possibly survive within the system, but what kind of existence is possible for those who so survive.

Aquila Rossa
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 163 times
Been liked: 98 times

Post by Aquila Rossa »

Bg wrote:
Aquila Rossa wrote:I was going to say nothing, but then I remembered that BG was good enough to sell me my old Fuzzie bro 808 clone back. Good pedal for a screamer type. Has all the good bits inside. Not sure what difference they make tbh. Has a second footswitch that turns it into a Keeley modded 808. Separate drive control for the mod, so can set up a clean boost on one side and then kick in more dirt.

Only thing sold as far as pedals go that i want back is script logo Phase 90 RI. Batteries only and no LED tho, but it sounded fantastic.

Guitar wise. A good SG would be nice. Want that more than another LP. 245 is cutting it for now tho, although it needs a setup tweak that is beyond me (can't get truss rod and action right, which i usually manage no probs)

Amps? Nah. Would not buy the amps I have already had. Laney is doing fine for me. I would like a late 70s JMP MkII with a nice cab, but would never get to use it unless I load box it.
That was a cracking drive made by the fuzz, glad to have returned it. Think I still have the other chip for its guts somewhere... I throw nothing away.
Fuzzie Bro is in Aussie now I think. I never had one of his fuzz pedals, but this 808 is definitely good. Stacked with the Suhr Riot it produces sustaining harmonic overtones like a good fuzz, but without the thickness and rudeness. More like a Smooth tone or The Loner etc. Good tone for some more modern* sounding playing, although still need an actual fuzz to do the fat tonz. Pedal is pretty shitty looking now with corrosion on the enclousure. I want to give it a paint job, but will lose the Fuzzie Bro graphics if I do.

*modern by my old school estimation at least. Still think Surfing With Alien is 'modern' :D

MrDINO
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 92 times

Post by MrDINO »

Molly wrote:I do this all the time. Out of my present gear I've owned one Les Paul three times and the other twice, the Blankenship twice and I've just sold a CS '66 Strat for the second time.

It's perfectly normal... ;-)
Agreed

Zaulkin
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 738 times
Been liked: 511 times

Post by Zaulkin »

Not as bad as I thought. At one point I had two red Yamaha SA700's, and I sold one of my project guitars twice.

Definitely have had Boss pedals multiple times and a few other ones due to my mollying tendencies. Thinking about it I have owned an MXR Micro Flanger 4 times, which is weird because I had completely forgotten about that pedal. I did do a lot of mollying with pedals in the early days though.

Bg
Site Admin

Post by Bg »

Aquila Rossa wrote:
Bg wrote:

Fuzzie Bro is in Aussie now I think. I never had one of his fuzz pedals, but this 808 is definitely good. Stacked with the Suhr Riot it produces sustaining harmonic overtones like a good fuzz, but without the thickness and rudeness. More like a Smooth tone or The Loner etc. Good tone for some more modern* sounding playing, although still need an actual fuzz to do the fat tonz. Pedal is pretty shitty looking now with corrosion on the enclousure. I want to give it a paint job, but will lose the Fuzzie Bro graphics if I do.

*modern by my old school estimation at least. Still think Surfing With Alien is 'modern' :D
Paul returned not so long ago, maybe a year ago? and started posting again. Dropped off the map again since :(

jimi
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 837 times
Been liked: 358 times

Post by jimi »

My first Hotcake got nicked when I left my bag of pedals and leads etc in the car. Smashed window and bag gone. Bass on the back seat still there though... Was an ibanez sound gear, so not sure if lucky or not.

So I bought another Hotcake, and then bought a double Hotcake cos 1 isn't enough.

Basket Case
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 49 times
Been liked: 108 times

Post by Basket Case »

Despite really not getting along with them, I've owned a couple of Jems and a couple of RG550s. A couple of HD500s. The winner though is Mesa Recto 2x12 cabs- I've owned 3 of them.

TmcB
I may have a problem
Has liked: 653 times
Been liked: 556 times

Post by TmcB »

Ac30 x5 AC15 x2
Rat x 10
Hotcakes x 5
Muskets x 5
Deluxe Memory Men x4
El Capistans x3
Mudhoneys x5
Big Muffs x 15
DD7 x4
DD20 x2
DD5 x3
DE7 x 4
Strats x 2
Teles x 2
P Basses x 2
Jazz Basses x
Celestion Golds x4, Creambacks x 3 , and Blues x6
SM57's x 3

I'll update as I remember...
Last edited by TmcB on Sun Jul 09, 2017 6:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GrantB wrote:Tony, your taste is, as always, very refined. Or as HG would say, "bloody awful".
Family Music Store - http://familymusic.co.nz

AiRdAd
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 696 times

Post by AiRdAd »

TmcB wrote:Ac30 x5 AC15 x2
Rat x 10
Hotcakes x 5
Muskets x 5
Deluxe Memory Men x4
El Capistans x3
Mudhoneys x5
Big Muffs x 15
Strats x 2
Teles x 2
P Basses x 2
Jazz Basses x
SM57's x 3
Thread closed... we have a winner!

Awesome!
Slowy wrote: To Danny, everyone is either a supplier, customer or a courier.

Single coil
BANNED
Has liked: 1110 times
Been liked: 485 times

Post by Single coil »

TmcB wrote:Big Muffs x 15
werdna wrote:Well at least I can still make toast in the bath without anyone telling me it's unsafe.

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Has liked: 7692 times
Been liked: 4159 times

Post by jeremyb »

TmcB wrote:Ac30 x5 AC15 x2
Rat x 10
Hotcakes x 5
Muskets x 5
Deluxe Memory Men x4
El Capistans x3
Mudhoneys x5
Big Muffs x 15
Strats x 2
Teles x 2
P Basses x 2
Jazz Basses x
SM57's x 3
We have a wiener!

I should really get another musket, such an awesome sounding pedal, hmmmm.... got more gas for a Mudhoney II tho'....
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.