sopachrga
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 59 times

Re: Chasing my tail.

Post by sopachrga »

Slowy wrote: Also, I play in a loud sweaty rock band and this rig is still too much.
Hang on.... if an amp and 2x12 is too much. Then you don’t play in a loud sweaty rock band at all. You play in a quiet sweaty rock band.
Ummm....

willow13
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Location: If less is more then just think how much more more is
Has liked: 372 times
Been liked: 634 times

Post by willow13 »

sopachrga wrote:
Hang on.... if an amp and 2x12 is too much. Then you don’t play in a loud sweaty rock band at all. You play in a quiet sweaty rock band.
you are forgetting that he is a little bit older than you man ..... it's all relative :rofl:
If Less is More Then Just Think How Much More More would be

Bg
Site Admin
Has liked: 2254 times
Been liked: 3873 times

Post by Bg »

yep, and he only sweats when he forgets the solo... as is common in gentlemen of a certain age.
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

Dharmajester
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 273 times
Been liked: 376 times

Post by Dharmajester »

Speaking as another old codger. Push the boat out and get a Fryette power station. I know they're expensive but if you have a loud amp you love it's the only way to enjoy it and simultaneously preserve your hearing. It's also useful in other capacities
“The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench - a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side."
Hunter S. Thompson

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1010 times
Been liked: 2465 times

Post by Slowy »

sopachrga wrote:
Slowy wrote: Also, I play in a loud sweaty rock band and this rig is still too much.
I've seen the Staceys; you have a point but Firebird and Telecaster heft meer icepick.
Beyond a critical point within a finite space, freedom diminishes as numbers increase. This is as true of humans as it is of gas molecules in a sealed flask. The human question is not how many can possibly survive within the system, but what kind of existence is possible for those who so survive.

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Slowy »

Bg wrote:yep, and he only sweats when he forgets the solo... as is common in gentlemen of a certain age.
Where the hell's Rog? I can't bring myself to do the "You young wippersnapper!"
Beyond a critical point within a finite space, freedom diminishes as numbers increase. This is as true of humans as it is of gas molecules in a sealed flask. The human question is not how many can possibly survive within the system, but what kind of existence is possible for those who so survive.

sopachrga
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 59 times

Post by sopachrga »

Slowy wrote:
sopachrga wrote:
I've seen the Staceys; you have a point but Firebird and Telecaster heft meer icepick.
Haha. Valid point.
There’s nothing wrong with having a cab sitting around until one day you decide to use it. Unless the money is really a problem, just hang on to it and enjoy the odd chance when you get to use it.
Ummm....

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Slowy »

sopachrga wrote:
Slowy wrote:
sopachrga wrote:
Haha. Valid point.
There’s nothing wrong with having a cab sitting around until one day you decide to use it. Unless the money is really a problem, just hang on to it and enjoy the odd chance when you get to use it.
Exactly what it's been doing for years. I hoped to give it some work worthy of it.

GrantB
ADMIN
Has liked: 1353 times
Been liked: 2087 times

Post by GrantB »

What wattage is this thing again?
"Man is the most insane species. He worships an invisible god and destroys a visible nature. Unaware that this nature he's destroying is this god he's worshipping." - Hubert Reeves

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Slowy »

GrantB wrote:What wattage is this thing again?

null_pointer
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 162 times
Been liked: 410 times

Post by null_pointer »

I've just read the whole thread. Because I'll be honest I thought it was about chasing tail...

bender
Darth Fader
Has liked: 415 times
Been liked: 1010 times

Post by bender »

Slowy wrote:
The cab or the amp?

Could you remove one speaker (or even just switch it off) when you don't need to level small buildings?

Mini Forklift

Post by Mini Forklift »

Dharmajester wrote:Speaking as another old codger. Push the boat out and get a Fryette power station. I know they're expensive but if you have a loud amp you love it's the only way to enjoy it and simultaneously preserve your hearing. It's also useful in other capacities
Saw Dan & Mick using it on an episode of 'That Pedal Show'. Looks an awesome piece of kit, I liked the fact that you can use it with a lower wattage amp to make it louder as well as obviously using it as an attenuator.

GrantB
ADMIN
Has liked: 1353 times
Been liked: 2087 times

Post by GrantB »

Slowy wrote:
Amp?
"Man is the most insane species. He worships an invisible god and destroys a visible nature. Unaware that this nature he's destroying is this god he's worshipping." - Hubert Reeves

AiRdAd
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 696 times

Post by AiRdAd »

Mini Forklift Ⓥ wrote:
Dharmajester wrote:Speaking as another old codger. Push the boat out and get a Fryette power station. I know they're expensive but if you have a loud amp you love it's the only way to enjoy it and simultaneously preserve your hearing. It's also useful in other capacities
Saw Dan & Mick using it on an episode of 'That Pedal Show'. Looks an awesome piece of kit, I liked the fact that you can use it with a lower wattage amp to make it louder as well as obviously using it as an attenuator.
Its not really an attenuator is it. It loads four amp, takes a Di of it, and then reamps it with the inbuilt amp.
Slowy wrote: To Danny, everyone is either a supplier, customer or a courier.