Anyone dealt with Sound Nations in Aucks?

Gear Aquisition Syndrome is a serious disorder.... FX etc

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

The Scarecrow
Dial Them Mids IN!
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 202 times
Been liked: 243 times

Anyone dealt with Sound Nations in Aucks?

Post by The Scarecrow »

Seem to be the local Chapman retailer. I'm keen on purchasing one they have listed on TM but their website says it's out of stock and I don't want to pull the trigger and have to wait ages for an order. Won't answer questions on auction, or email and phone number just goes to a generic voicemail.
Anyone had any luck in the past?
http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/The-Al ... 895?ref=ts

Trade Me: The_Scarecrow

"Friends don't let friends scoop mids."

Mini Forklift

Re: Anyone dealt with Sound Nations in Aucks?

Post by Mini Forklift »

The Scarecrow wrote:Seem to be the local Chapman retailer. I'm keen on purchasing one they have listed on TM but their website says it's out of stock and I don't want to pull the trigger and have to wait ages for an order. Won't answer questions on auction, or email and phone number just goes to a generic voicemail.
I had the same experience, never answered questions on TM. I ended up just buying one of their pedals based on the fact that their feedback is great, turned up fine.

Since then I've probably bought 4 or 5 pedals from them (all through TM), no issues at all. I do remember emailing them a couple of times for a tracking number, again no reply. But aside from them being near-impossible to contact I've had no problems, always turned up within a day or two. If you want it I'd say go for it, I would imagine what they are listing on TM to be more up to date than what they have on their website as they seem to be regularly listing stuff on TM; wouldn't surprise me if they don't have anybody taking care of their website. If it was actually out of stock I'm pretty sure they'd be no drama.

Conway
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 242 times
Been liked: 966 times

Post by Conway »

It seems to be just one guy who does it part time. I've been to his showroom, as it was just a few doors down from where my girls went to dance classes. Seemed a reasonable chap. Have you tried texting his mobile?
GUITARS ROCK - www.guitarsrock.co.nz
TONE LOUNGE - www.tonelounge.co.nz

The Scarecrow
Dial Them Mids IN!

Post by The Scarecrow »

Conway wrote:It seems to be just one guy who does it part time. I've been to his showroom, as it was just a few doors down from where my girls went to dance classes. Seemed a reasonable chap. Have you tried texting his mobile?
thats my next step, but it seems like a lot of work just to find out if something is in stock. reason is that because I'm looking at after-paying it, I don't want to start paying for something (as they ping you the first payment right away) only to find it's going to be weeks before I can get hold of it whilst still actually being charged.

Molly
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 2482 times
Been liked: 2794 times

Post by Molly »

The Scarecrow wrote:Seem to be the local Chapman retailer. I'm keen on purchasing one they have listed on TM but their website says it's out of stock and I don't want to pull the trigger and have to wait ages for an order. Won't answer questions on auction, or email and phone number just goes to a generic voicemail.
I tried to buy a Victory Richie Kotzen head from him. I got an abrupt response about how he only takes calls on xyz days and at such and such times. So I thought "fuck you" and ordered it from Andertons.

Bg
Site Admin
Has liked: 2255 times
Been liked: 3873 times

Post by Bg »

It looks like he's importing Thomastik Infelds - but not bass strings, what the actual fuck? Oh well, I'll just have to import some. I guess there isn't exactly a repeat trade on them ;)
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

The Scarecrow
Dial Them Mids IN!

Post by The Scarecrow »

Got an email about an hour ago, to the point, but polite enough despite ignoring completely why TM questions aren't addressed. Seems an odd way to run a business, but they've got what I want in stock so I'm happy enough.

KNNZ
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1777 times
Been liked: 667 times

Post by KNNZ »

The Scarecrow wrote:Got an email about an hour ago, to the point, but polite enough despite ignoring completely why TM questions aren't addressed. Seems an odd way to run a business, but they've got what I want in stock so I'm happy enough.
the real question is.. what guitar are you getting? :D :mrgreen:

mrmofo
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 365 times
Been liked: 135 times

Post by mrmofo »

I'd love to see how well these Trade Me types would do working in an actual shop.

communication is important to humans
There are still some that think the neck PU is moved to accommodate the extra frets which only proves they cannot detect the difference in length of each.

Kev77
Mr Echo
Has liked: 357 times
Been liked: 283 times

Post by Kev77 »

They have a YouTube channel you could try messaging via that
"Cash on the ballot, money to burn, Dealey Plaza, make a left-hand turn" Bob Dylan is a genius

foal30
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 608 times
Been liked: 946 times

Post by foal30 »

Bg wrote:It looks like he's importing Thomastik Infelds - but not bass strings, what the actual fuck? Oh well, I'll just have to import some. I guess there isn't exactly a repeat trade on them ;)
Dave Cheeseboy might have some?
Genuine Old Frontier Gibberish

Bg
Site Admin

Post by Bg »

nothing on his site, he does the D'Addarios though, I have them on my aria so will probably just go with them again.
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

Kev77
Mr Echo
Has liked: 357 times
Been liked: 283 times

Post by Kev77 »

https://trademe.nz/marketplace/toys-mod ... 1916637275

These are the ones I use, thomastik
"Cash on the ballot, money to burn, Dealey Plaza, make a left-hand turn" Bob Dylan is a genius

Bg
Site Admin

Post by Bg »

But theyre for an accordion lol

The Scarecrow
Dial Them Mids IN!

Post by The Scarecrow »

KNNZ wrote:
The Scarecrow wrote:Got an email about an hour ago, to the point, but polite enough despite ignoring completely why TM questions aren't addressed. Seems an odd way to run a business, but they've got what I want in stock so I'm happy enough.
the real question is.. what guitar are you getting? :D :mrgreen:
got my eye on a Chapman ML3 Modern. I actually owned one ex-Oldie / forum about 18 months ago but sold it to buy a cab and my Katana. Much regret since, and one of only about 3 guitars I've thought about after selling with regret (other two being my 2007 Explorer a few years back, and historically, a '79 Strat I had in the mid-late 90's)... this is the only one that is accessible again haha.