Reg18
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 318 times
Been liked: 935 times

Patch cables

Post by Reg18 »

I’ve had lava tight rope patch cables for years but had a few die recently, tried cutting and reconnecting but I’m
Guessing the cables might have a break somewhere.
Before I go out and buy some new patch cables does anyone have a stash of new lava tight rope cable?
Would be worth using my plugs if I can try, seems a waste to throw them out.

Dharmajester
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 275 times
Been liked: 381 times

Re: Patch cables

Post by Dharmajester »

I've got lava stuff on my board too. Found it difficult to assemble functioning cables until I started using a ruler to precisely cut them to the manufacturers spec. Now they all work first time. May not apply to you though...
“The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench - a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side."
Hunter S. Thompson

Reg18
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Reg18 »

Dharmajester wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 2:43 pm I've got lava stuff on my board too. Found it difficult to assemble functioning cables until I started using a ruler to precisely cut them to the manufacturers spec. Now they all work first time. May not apply to you though...
Worth a shot at least, i just followed a couple of YouTube demos, never measured exactly though.

Dharmajester
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 275 times
Been liked: 381 times

Post by Dharmajester »

4mm of the inner copper wire 2mm of the white sleeve, 10mm of the shielding ( twisted ). No amount specified for the black sleeve so just a wee bit.
“The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench - a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side."
Hunter S. Thompson

Reg18
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Reg18 »

Dharmajester wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 5:52 pm 4mm of the inner copper wire 2mm of the white sleeve, 10mm of the shielding ( twisted ). No amount specified for the black sleeve so just a wee bit.
Measured exactly this time still no joy on this particular one.
If anyone has some new Lava tight rope cable sitting in a drawer u used, let me know.