Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

Bg
Site Admin
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 2265 times
Been liked: 3910 times

Re: NOSGD

Post by Bg »

Slowy wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 9:19 pm https://www.premierguitar.com/pro-advic ... maha-sa15d

Found this which was interesting. Mine's definitely the 15, not 15D and it seems 1968/69 is the age.

'Summer of '69!'
Ryan Adams!!!
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

kdawg2a
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 240 times
Been liked: 1047 times

Post by kdawg2a »

That is very definitely Kdawg2a approved. Of all the oddities in the guitar world to cross my path, I've never had a 60s Yamaha electric. I'd love to give on a try!
Great score Bruce!
1935 Martin D-45, 1942 Gibson Southern Jumbo,1950 Fender Broadcaster, 1954 Fender Strat, 1958 Gibson Moderne prototype, 1959 Gibson Les Paul Standard.
1958 Fender twin, 1965 Vox AC30, 1966 Marshall JTM 45, 1977 Dumble OD Special.
Big black garbage bag full of original Klon Centaurs and TS808s.

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1018 times
Been liked: 2491 times

Post by Slowy »

Jay wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 9:53 pm
Slowy wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 9:19 pm https://www.premierguitar.com/pro-advic ... maha-sa15d

Found this which was interesting. Mine's definitely the 15, not 15D and it seems 1968/69 is the age.

'Summer of '69!'
That article is quite wrong on a number of points... the pickups are humbuckers, not single coils.
Really? My ears would say single coils but I'm happy to be corrected.
Beyond a critical point within a finite space, freedom diminishes as numbers increase. This is as true of humans as it is of gas molecules in a sealed flask. The human question is not how many can possibly survive within the system, but what kind of existence is possible for those who so survive.

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Slowy »

So I've spent a couple of hours with this beastie this morning:

Tiny frets do take a bit of getting used to.
The weird behaviour of the pots and switch is like the interactive controls of a 5E3 Fender or Vox. Twiddle everything in a random manner and suddenly tone will appear. The tiniest movement of a pot can make all the difference.

And I mentioned tone. It's big and warm and punchy like Tyson. It's stupid grin good. This thing's brilliant! A genuinely excellent vintage guitar for a used Strymon price. I'm as chuffed as a very chuffed thing indeed.

And it hasn't met Timmy yet.
Beyond a critical point within a finite space, freedom diminishes as numbers increase. This is as true of humans as it is of gas molecules in a sealed flask. The human question is not how many can possibly survive within the system, but what kind of existence is possible for those who so survive.

Jay
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1635 times
Been liked: 1302 times

Post by Jay »

Slowy wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 5:46 am
Jay wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 9:53 pm

'Summer of '69!'
That article is quite wrong on a number of points... the pickups are humbuckers, not single coils.
Really? My ears would say single coils but I'm happy to be corrected.
I suppose that means you'll only believe me once you see the two coils inside with your own eyes. :wink:

Check out Mr Glynn's website. He has a post somewhere discussing this very pickup and why its sound is so unique for a humbucker.
When faced with quality, I recognise it every time.

IMOCD
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 481 times
Been liked: 222 times

Post by IMOCD »

Slowy wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 7:01 am So I've spent a couple of hours with this beastie this morning:

Tiny frets do take a bit of getting used to.
The weird behaviour of the pots and switch is like the interactive controls of a 5E3 Fender or Vox. Twiddle everything in a random manner and suddenly tone will appear. The tiniest movement of a pot can make all the difference.

And I mentioned tone. It's big and warm and punchy like Tyson. It's stupid grin good. This thing's brilliant! A genuinely excellent vintage guitar for a used Strymon price. I'm as chuffed as a very chuffed thing indeed.

And it hasn't met Timmy yet.
Congrats Mr Slowy. I had that on my watchlist along with the two other SA5's on TM on the moment. Although, I see one has been removed by the seller. I'm gassing big time for a vintage yammie after borrowing a mates 30 a wee while ago. Probably the comfiest neck ive played (for my hands anyway), and just so darn cool looking.

JoeBlow
Gibson
Has liked: 335 times
Been liked: 212 times

Post by JoeBlow »

Cool unique shape. Early Yamaha made some crazy looking body styles. Love it.

dayl
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 456 times
Been liked: 409 times

Post by dayl »

Slowy wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 8:10 pm I meant to add that the seller who goes by nzguitartrader on TM is a totally excellent chap.V30 or similar in 8ohms available, I will connect you both.
I wouldn't mind a price on a V30

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Slowy »

dayl wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 8:22 am
Slowy wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 8:10 pm I meant to add that the seller who goes by nzguitartrader on TM is a totally excellent chap.V30 or similar in 8ohms available, I will connect you both.
I wouldn't mind a price on a V30
Think I made a typo here. Dave's looking to buy, not sell.

dayl
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 456 times
Been liked: 409 times

Post by dayl »

No worries, it's all good.