Is there a power supply with 16v AC outputs?

Gear Aquisition Syndrome is a serious disorder.... FX etc

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

NZTone.e
Fender
Fender
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 41 times

Re: Is there a power supply with 16v AC outputs?

Post by NZTone.e »

Most of the low voltage valve pedals seem to run on 12-15 volts, like the Radial stuff and the Mesa Boogie V Twin. There is a theory that the valve behaves just as well being starved as being overdriven, but the starved theory came under attack when some manufacturers put a valve in for fun with LEDs to make them glow. I think A.R T got busted for that.

the Kingsley pedals were the first I heard of running amp plate voltages in valve pedals, but of course, I’ve found a few since, the Friedman MotorCity, thanks Danny, for one, and now of course, this one.

good thing about the Kingsley and MotorCity pedals is that they run off regular DC 9-12v for some, and 15v for others, much easier to patch into your pedal board!

NZTone.e
Fender
Fender

Post by NZTone.e »

I really like the demos of the Radial Plexitube pedal, a starved valve pedal, but I don’t want to buy one to try it out in person!

FuzzMonkey
Gibson
Has liked: 514 times
Been liked: 410 times

Post by FuzzMonkey »

NZTone.e wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 1:19 pm Most of the low voltage valve pedals seem to run on 12-15 volts, like the Radial stuff and the Mesa Boogie V Twin. There is a theory that the valve behaves just as well being starved as being overdriven, but the starved theory came under attack when some manufacturers put a valve in for fun with LEDs to make them glow. I think A.R T got busted for that.

the Kingsley pedals were the first I heard of running amp plate voltages in valve pedals, but of course, I’ve found a few since, the Friedman MotorCity, thanks Danny, for one, and now of course, this one.

good thing about the Kingsley and MotorCity pedals is that they run off regular DC 9-12v for some, and 15v for others, much easier to patch into your pedal board!
I have seen the LEDs behind a tube thing (Rocktron Silver Dragon). I have a Kingsley Constable and it sounds great. Got it off Conway. Often use it straight into the effects return.
"There's no creativity without vulnerability."

www.fantailaudio.com

NZTone.e
Fender
Fender

Post by NZTone.e »

FuzzMonkey wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 3:50 pm
NZTone.e wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 1:19 pm Most of the low voltage valve pedals seem to run on 12-15 volts, like the Radial stuff and the Mesa Boogie V Twin. There is a theory that the valve behaves just as well being starved as being overdriven, but the starved theory came under attack when some manufacturers put a valve in for fun with LEDs to make them glow. I think A.R T got busted for that.

I have seen the LEDs behind a tube thing (Rocktron Silver Dragon). I have a Kingsley Constable and it sounds great. Got it off Conway. Often use it straight into the effects return.

Wicked, I’ve got a Kingsley Harlot, it’s exactly what I wanted and expected it to be.

I wanted the Jouster but it’s off the table for now.

I’ve got a Victory V4 Countess too which is very cool, but none of my amps have fx loops so can’t try it in the amp through mode, at this point anyway…