Major major major oh-so-serious case of GAS

Gear Aquisition Syndrome is a serious disorder.... FX etc

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

Timi
Gibson
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl

Post by Timi »

I mean no disrespect by this, but what do you actually like about that guitar?

Again, I am not taking the piss, I am actually interested.

IkeKrull
Ashton
Ashton

Post by IkeKrull »

The paintjob/finish.

I'm sure its not everyones cup of tea, but i've always been quite a fan of hr giger's artwork.

As a previous owner of a 'body art' BC Rich I guess i just like cheesy paintjobs on my guitars. (Though my current one is a rather tasteful flametop, no crazy graphics).

Tsuken
In the Name of Vai

Post by Tsuken »

Timi wrote:I mean no disrespect by this, but what do you actually like about that guitar?

Again, I am not taking the piss, I am actually interested.
Well, I love the Ibanez S series, so that's always a good starting point. I love a lot of Giger's art, and I particularly like the way it's etched on there, rather than a flat image screen printed or something. The fretboard inlay rules all for coolness too 8)

Of course in reality there are a lot of other things I'd get first - even guitar things (can you say "Fatal Tuuuuuube!!!" ? :P ), but I absolutely love the look of that.

Hmm, my realistic GAS list is much less cool-looking and sexy: Fatal Tube, Stealth Plug (audio interface thing which has Amplitube bundled with it), and a midi to usb cable to plug my keyboard into my computer. :? Ah well, cheaper (which means therefore I'm much more likely to actually end up with them ;) ), and I'll get more use out of them.
My twitting tweets of twitterness

@ash lol/RT "@ChelseaVPeretti Had fun in the Cinema Tent tonight w @adultswim @robcorddry #bonnaroo #fonz #hottubtimemachineintonationjokes #childrenshospital #mud #pee" //by @Jenesis

Here be bloggins

Capt. Black
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 170 times
Been liked: 252 times

Post by Capt. Black »

I'm with you on this one. I'm not normally a great fan of 'guitar art' but this looks really tastefully applied. At least, someone showed enough restraint that it led to something pretty special. I like the way the work is etched on to the guitar without adding any flying buttressses or wings or deep gouges. Just a modest relief and nicely matched hardware treatment.
Tis very cool.