Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

bobiron
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 121 times
Been liked: 51 times

Post by bobiron »

Capt. Black wrote:Pakehendrix..... We've just kitted the rehearsal studios with B52 PAs........
Captain, was that a Matrix 1000V2 per chance? Our drummer is looking for a system for his electronic kit and he was recommended one of these by them. If so have you/anyone here tried an electronic kit through one of these?
OMM OM MM OMM MM

Capt. Black
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 168 times
Been liked: 253 times

Post by Capt. Black »

bobiron wrote:
Capt. Black wrote:Pakehendrix..... We've just kitted the rehearsal studios with B52 PAs........
Captain, was that a Matrix 1000V2 per chance? Our drummer is looking for a system for his electronic kit and he was recommended one of these by them. If so have you/anyone here tried an electronic kit through one of these?
Yeah I got a Matrix 1000 and a Matrix 2000. Haven't tried electronic drums through it but bass guitars, synths what have you are all great. I don't think E drums would pose a problem for a Matrix 1000 rig. The 2000 is total overkill for rehearsals. It's really a small to mid venue PA. We run it on half. :lol:

Michelle reckons two Matrix 2000s together would be a formidable rig live. How did she put it? "It might even be enouiigh for the Mysterons" :twisted:

r4nd0m
Ashton
Ashton

Post by r4nd0m »

My son and I plays in a Worship band and we use an old Boss 8 channel mixer into a Roland KB500 and a Laney L/AH100Y. Both are keyboard amps. The Roland has a 15" speaker and the Laney a 12". My son plays the Electronic drums and the drum sound from the Roland with the 15" definately sounds awesome.

The Laney gets placed in front of the drumkit as a monitor because the Roland gets placed behind the Bassist (me) who is behind the drummer (which is dangerous as the drummer looses his sticks and the bassist cops it, but the bassist uses a LTD which has a sharpish head :) ) which makes it hard for the drummer to hear without the monitor.

During practice: Mikes, Drums, Piano, Synth and Electro/Acoustic guitar gets connected to the mixer. Since this is also our live setup: Drums, Electro/Acoustic and Bass when live. The church has a vocal PA system, We don't play loud anyway. Some of the older parishioners who don't like modern instruments are very vocal. Did you guess it was a Catholic church??? :) We play louder during practice than at mass.

Anyway, just another perspective. Oh, and the mixer is deviod of XLR inputs so we can only buy cheap stuff :)