Tonerider Pickups

Talk about your Burstbuckers and Seymour Duncans....

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

willow13
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Location: If less is more then just think how much more more is
Has liked: 372 times
Been liked: 634 times

Re: Tonerider Pickups

Post by willow13 »

robnobcorncob wrote:Are there both ceramic and alnico nailbombs on the market? Maybe I've played one of each...
I think the ceramic is something that is custom made on request( :?: )...there is the ceramic option but I have never seen a stock model....
the ceramic has mids cut and more treble so getting into metal zone with high gain stuff really

Damn just did a full reply to IB and erased it by mistake :? :roll:
Ironbird13 wrote:just out of curiosity, and trying to figure out what to put in my V, how did the Nailbomb sound in it? if you can explain :wink:
I found it was very "clean" and open with distorted tones (in fact when I first got it I thought EMG meets JB)....It had a very nice tight precise attack with every string well balanced and a warm bottom end without get into drone zone...

not sure well it would go in a down tuned guitar....but my guess is it would sound a bit meh because the tight snap was what really gives it it's sound (man my original reply was way better than this one :lol: )
If Less is More Then Just Think How Much More More would be

Ironbird13
"Resident Cyborg" or something

Post by Ironbird13 »

sweet cheers, thats sorta how i'd explain how it sounds in the Ironbird too, and i find it good for the tunings i use (D standard and drop C)
Hurdy Gurdy.... some how... and I'm not entirely certain how mind you, an instrument that sounds like someone has shoved a nest of angry hornets into a goose with a kazoo bill and is randomly slapping the poor creature with an accordion.... Sounds amazing.

willow13
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Location: If less is more then just think how much more more is
Has liked: 372 times
Been liked: 634 times

Post by willow13 »

Ironbird13 wrote:sweet cheers, thats sorta how i'd explain how it sounds in the Ironbird too, and i find it good for the tunings i use (D standard and drop C)
:lol: my down tuned comment was more based on me not liking the sound :roll: :lol:........They seem to have a very adaptable sound becasue it seems just as well suited to the sapele of the snake as well
If Less is More Then Just Think How Much More More would be

Ironbird13
"Resident Cyborg" or something

Post by Ironbird13 »

willow13 wrote:
Ironbird13 wrote:sweet cheers, thats sorta how i'd explain how it sounds in the Ironbird too, and i find it good for the tunings i use (D standard and drop C)
:lol: my down tuned comment was more based on me not liking the sound :roll: :lol:
well ya do like maple fretboards too :P
Hurdy Gurdy.... some how... and I'm not entirely certain how mind you, an instrument that sounds like someone has shoved a nest of angry hornets into a goose with a kazoo bill and is randomly slapping the poor creature with an accordion.... Sounds amazing.

Timi
Gibson

Post by Timi »

willow13 wrote:Its safe to say the Riders are a lot better than their price would suggest....I just wish they did a quarter pound clone in white :lol:
Funny, I'm actually looking something to replace my P Bass Quarter Pounders!