Rewiring Pickups

Talk about your Burstbuckers and Seymour Duncans....

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

Bg
Site Admin
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 2276 times
Been liked: 3991 times

Post by Bg »

ha, luxury!
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

Rog
The Self-Proclaimed Voice of Reason
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 66 times

Post by Rog »

LOL - I didn't even have a shoebox to sleep in... :-)
He hit a chord that rocked the spinet and disappeared into the infinite ...

Gelato
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Gelato »

and when we got home, our dad would kill us and dance about on our graves, singing Hallelujah.. :lol:

artyone
Stagg
Stagg

Post by artyone »

I haven't got around to it yet but I'm thinking about doing some inductors for tone duties.First off I will wind one slug of alnico with wire and see if I can get 500mH and see what it acts like in a proprietary wah circuit.I'm not sure how the magnet is in a wah inductor but I think its a case that goes around the winding,like a pot,and its made from a ceramic but ,ROG,that idea of magnetising your own steel is quite interesting as if the coil was wound tighter at one end and looser at the other you'd then have a length of magnetic material that would be non linear in that the tighter end would have a tighter flux than the other and so...be more like the original super mojo inductors that had impurities cast in and exhibited a non linear flux density upon magnetising.
Also inductors would be the missing link in tone control as they are opposite to capacitors as regards frequency and in series with caps we have the ability to scoop or boost mids.
someday....

but one has to say that winding inductors is a very good lesson in patience and in a weird way,humility.Everyone should take a break from consumerism and have a go at creating magnetic field catchers.
Alnico at both ends and as little silicon in between as you can get away with.

Rog

Post by Rog »

artyone - I had no way of measuring flux density at the time and it was highly likely that each pole piece had a different magnetic strength, but hell, it all worked. After all, I was playing through a 15W Dynachord amp....

B45-12
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by B45-12 »

Arrrgh No! not the dreaded dynachord!! Loved Gelato's humour though - take your guitar to school indeed - if they did not shoot you for bringing the 'devils instrument' with you, then massive detentions until the next millenium would have been the order of the day. Why that act 'boy' is on a par with looking at a girl!!!.

On the other hand my dear old Father was far worse than Gelato imagines - he used to let us live so he had something to torture afresh each day - may the sick sod's soul rot screaming in Hell!

However, getting back to the variable flux inductor - surely the easiest way to arrange this would be to have the iron or ferrite core moveable so it could be slid inside and out of the winding bobbin? or am I missing something??

Yes you young uns don't know you're living - why socks that fit, condoms with room in them, cheap cars and errection pills that work!! disgusting I say!
You can't do THAT on stage!

Rog

Post by Rog »

> condoms with room in them,

LOL - so when they say "get a room" they really mean get a Johnny?

B45-12
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by B45-12 »

Well I was thinking of those resovoir tips the modern rubbers have - the older condoms had no specific space for the 'lovejuice' to go to.

In the case you mention though, what then is a 'room with a view' - another way of getting a-head perhaps???
You can't do THAT on stage!

Rog

Post by Rog »

I can freely admit - I have never utilised the technology, so I'm therefore unfit to comment ...

Polar Bear
Burns BHM
Has liked: 340 times
Been liked: 342 times

Post by Polar Bear »

I never thought having a resovoir was so lucky. W00t.
Zephyr - Wellington's Leading Covers Band

http://zephyrband.co.nz/
https://www.facebook.com/ZephyrBandNZ