Single Coils or Humbuckers: Why Do You Play What You Play?

Talk about your Burstbuckers and Seymour Duncans....

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

Pastasauce
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 30 times

Re: Single Coils or Humbuckers: Why Do You Play What You Pla

Post by Pastasauce »

... I mean Adrian. :roll: Always think of him as Ash.

bender
Darth Fader
Has liked: 418 times
Been liked: 1022 times

Post by bender »

mr_sooty wrote:I'd quite like to try Ash's Benderbucker - one pickup to rule them all?
I'm still coming to terms with it TBH. Each coil on it's own is terrific (the big coil seriously kicks arse) but I'm not 100% sold on both together yet. They're currently wired in parallel though so that could be why.

mr_sooty
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 178 times

Post by mr_sooty »

Yeah I would think series would make more sense, turn it into a big kick arse humbucker.

MogwaiBoy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 161 times
Been liked: 243 times

Post by MogwaiBoy »

My dual-humbucker Godin LG has a 5-way switch which splits both pups to single coil + dual volume/tone dials for each pickup... so you can blend neck/bridge in all kinds of ways. Love it!

If I had to choose one of the other though... I'd have to say singlecoils. Traditional Teles and Strats yum yum.

PS I let the Aerodyne Telecaster (P90 neck) go!... To buy the AC30HWH :)

Cdog
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 3556 times
Been liked: 728 times

Post by Cdog »

I like lots of guitar sounds, but if I had to choose one... P90!

Bg
Site Admin
Has liked: 2276 times
Been liked: 3991 times

Post by Bg »

MogwaiBoy wrote:My dual-humbucker Godin LG has a 5-way switch which splits both pups to single coil + dual volume/tone dials for each pickup... so you can blend neck/bridge in all kinds of ways. Love it!

If I had to choose one of the other though... I'd have to say singlecoils. Traditional Teles and Strats yum yum.

PS I let the Aerodyne Telecaster (P90 neck) go!... To buy the AC30HWH :)
Yay, another LG - pics or it doesn't exist :)
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

MogwaiBoy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by MogwaiBoy »

Awwww man, BG you know I have never posted pictures of my pedals, amps or gats... but you sir have forced my hand and now you must pay the consequences... may I present to you - a most blurry pic of the Godin LG-HB Signature model.

600 year old lake-dredged mahogany, yeah baby.

(When do we start a Godin Owners Club and have weekly pissups and stuff?) :mrgreen:
Attachments
GodinLGb.jpg

alanp
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 11 times

Post by alanp »

I wouldn't push the 600 year old lake dredged part too hard, or someone will bring up what 40,000 year old swamp dredged kauri sounds like ;) :lol:

Sounds good, then?
Capt. Black wrote:Call me if you're looking for the sound of a sows ear made from a silk purse with a side of hot bitches and alcohol

MogwaiBoy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by MogwaiBoy »

I would have thought the "yeah baby" was a dead giveaway I was jiving my ass off with such a silly corksniffery comment : )))

Let's not turn it into one of those "How old's your wood then?" threads ;D

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1030 times
Been liked: 2519 times

Post by Slowy »

MogwaiBoy wrote:Let's not turn it into one of those "How old's your wood then?" threads ;D
Rog wins.
Beyond a critical point within a finite space, freedom diminishes as numbers increase. This is as true of humans as it is of gas molecules in a sealed flask. The human question is not how many can possibly survive within the system, but what kind of existence is possible for those who so survive.

Bg
Site Admin

Post by Bg »

MogwaiBoy wrote:Awwww man, BG you know I have never posted pictures of my pedals, amps or gats... but you sir have forced my hand and now you must pay the consequences... may I present to you - a most blurry pic of the Godin LG-HB Signature model.

600 year old lake-dredged mahogany, yeah baby.

(When do we start a Godin Owners Club and have weekly pissups and stuff?) :mrgreen:
Mmmm dibs, hang on it looks just like mine :). Once again it's my favorite current gat. About to mix up pickups in it though.
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1030 times
Been liked: 2519 times

Post by Slowy »

Since my Son keeps draining my R9/335/LP Junior piggybank, I am confident there is one of these little Godins in my near future. Do much like.
BG, I thought More Beer had God's pickups?
Beyond a critical point within a finite space, freedom diminishes as numbers increase. This is as true of humans as it is of gas molecules in a sealed flask. The human question is not how many can possibly survive within the system, but what kind of existence is possible for those who so survive.

Vorbis
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Vorbis »

slowfingers wrote:Since my Son keeps draining my R9/335/LP Junior piggybank, I am confident there is one of these little Godins in my near future. Do much like.
BG bought the Bareknuckles from Sooty?
She told me baby when you race today just take along my love with you, and if ya knew how much I love you baby, nothin' could go wrong with you.

Bg
Site Admin

Post by Bg »

slowfingers wrote:Since my Son keeps draining my R9/335/LP Junior piggybank, I am confident there is one of these little Godins in my near future. Do much like.
It does, they were literally created in his likeness. But I've always wanted to know what they would sound like in my LP.... I'm shitting that they'll lose their mojo and I'll never get it back :( Picking up some Antiquities from the other boss on monday though so thats whats going in on trial. If gods pups sound like shit in my LP I'm probably going to be found hanging from grafton bridge.

Bg
Site Admin

Post by Bg »

Vorbis wrote:
BG bought the Bareknuckles from Sooty?
dude, though I've enjoyed my fair share of mothers milk over the years, I'd never actually buy a pickup named that. Or two of them even.