Need HSS Strat pickups

Talk about your Burstbuckers and Seymour Duncans....

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

td12
Stagg
Stagg
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl

Need HSS Strat pickups

Post by td12 »

hi, is it possible to buy the latest pickups? a mate bought a new HSS fat strat back from the states and it sounds way better than my old strat, so I want to upgrade the pickups and wiring in mine..can you buy the pickups (with the volume switch) here or online? and how much..a link would be great ..ta

Still need a bass player and my studio is still there.
I'd like to donate 87 cents but the link stated on the main page just isn't on mine (old ppl on computers..sigh :D ) ..all very weird

Marshall
Fender
Fender

Re: Need HSS Strat pickups

Post by Marshall »

Random post of the day :?
Grind 'til your neighbours go blind

td12
Stagg
Stagg

Post by td12 »

I wasn't clear :?

Ironbird13
"Resident Cyborg" or something

Post by Ironbird13 »

td12 wrote:a mate bought a new HSS fat strat back from the states and it sounds way better than my old strat, so I want to upgrade the pickups and wiring in mine
you would have to find out what pups they are, and im sure someone here could get them for you
Hurdy Gurdy.... some how... and I'm not entirely certain how mind you, an instrument that sounds like someone has shoved a nest of angry hornets into a goose with a kazoo bill and is randomly slapping the poor creature with an accordion.... Sounds amazing.

Cabb
Tokai
Tokai

Post by Cabb »

Assuming you have a typical strat you would need to take off the pickguard and check for the appropriate space for the humbucker first of all. Then buy a set of pickups either with a new pickguard or modify your current one, probably someone here who will do it all for a fair fee.

Cdog
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 3501 times
Been liked: 715 times

Post by Cdog »

http://www.guitarnuts.com/wiring/lonestar.php

Wiring for my (Lonestar) HSS strat... uses 5way selector as described in the link, very versatile combinations with my pickups, I use every position.

What pups are in the new fatstrats these days anyway?