Is this cheap?

Talk about your Burstbuckers and Seymour Duncans....

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

mop
Fender
Fender
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Been liked: 1 time

Is this cheap?

Post by mop »

Is this cheap for a 5 year old emg81? http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing ... =195533033
I'm looking to replace the stock bridge pickup in my esp viper 50. I play lots of metallica so i figured a emg 81 would make sense, although i have seen mentions on this forum of blackouts being good for metal as well. Any ideas as to how much just the bridge blackout would be? I never really use the neck pup so i thought whats the point upgrading that too when i can use that money for a new amp :D

ash
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 5 times

Re: Is this cheap?

Post by ash »

Blackouts bridge is $170, I have one in stock right now.

You'll need some 25k pots for that EMG and a switching jack, I have them too.
http://ashcustomworks.com for custom built electric guitars hand made in new zealand

mop
Fender
Fender
Been liked: 1 time

Post by mop »

Perhaps buying a new pickup is a better idea, only 40 bucks more and i won't have to worry about it crapping out as it's 5 years old and 2nd hand etc.
Thanks for the price ash, once i figure out how much i'm spending on a new amp i'll get in touch. Assuming the amp doesnt completely break the bank :roll:

dayl
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 456 times
Been liked: 409 times

Post by dayl »

Price ain't too bad for age but if its hitting triple digits, it should be cosmetically sweet, I've grabbed minters for the $100 mark and less on ebay....way back when.....

But seriously, forget the 81 bro, an SD blackout is the ticket, pretty much same hat except a slight edge has been taken off, the edge that made you jump to your tone knob with the 81.