Pups for a Epi Dot Studio

Talk about your Burstbuckers and Seymour Duncans....

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

Which Pick up option should I choose

GFS Pups: Dream 90 Bridge (p-90), Dream 180 Neck (2 p-90s together)
No votes
Kent Armstrong P-90 Neck, Kent Armstrong Paf Bridge from ash
No votes
Buy Blackstratblues' Rio Grande Setup and install it in Epi Dot Studio
No votes
Buy Blackstratblues' Rio Grande Setup and install it in Epi Les Paul, Remove Kent Armstrong Filtertron (Neck) and Kent Armstrong Vintage C Paf (Bridge) and install in Epi Dot Studio
100%

Total votes: 3

Aquila Rossa
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 166 times
Been liked: 104 times

Re: Pups for a Epi Dot Studio

Post by Aquila Rossa »

ash wrote:Almost all pickups are wax potted, not just BLs. But that won't stop a hollowbody howling at high volume levels, it can only stop the windings and structure of the pickup from squealing.
Yeah it was getting late last night, what I meant is they are encased in a solid block of plastic stuff, or at least that Is what I read about them when Gibson made the Iommi pickup, that it was really hard to copy Lawrence pups, because of guts of the pup was buried in a solid block of plastic, apperently it helps control feedback and stops people ripping off his designs.
If I was using a hollow body I would look into it for sure.

Aquila Rossa
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Aquila Rossa »

I'm colour blind (and tone deaf) and can't read the text on that pickup poll.
The blue text on the grey background, I can't make out any text at all. Note to webmaster

Bg
Site Admin
Has liked: 2265 times
Been liked: 3910 times

Post by Bg »

Aquila Rosso wrote:I'm colour blind (and tone deaf) and can't read the text on that pickup poll.
The blue text on the grey background, I can't make out any text at all. Note to webmaster
and I'm a lazy bastard, will sort out at some stage in the coming year :P
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

Aquila Rossa
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Aquila Rossa »

bluesgeek wrote:
Aquila Rosso wrote:I'm colour blind (and tone deaf) and can't read the text on that pickup poll.
and I'm a lazy bastard, will sort out at some stage in the coming year :P
Haha, plenty of guitarists are damn lazy, most would sooner be skint but have plenty of time to jam than go to work.
Very good site by the way, and it's local. Those yankee sites etc are too big, too many posts (threads drop from the first page in 30 seconds) and there is too much childish bitchin' eg; Randy vs EVH threads and uber know it all guru types, I like it here way better, plus there is a few Randy Rhoads fans here.
Cheers.

TmcB
I may have a problem
Has liked: 657 times
Been liked: 561 times

Post by TmcB »

For the record, I went with blackstratblues' rio grande bbq and texas humbuckers in the 335.

And for the record, I won't be changing pickups in a hurry (used the ol' tie dental-floss-to-all-components trick)
Took a while though
GrantB wrote:Tony, your taste is, as always, very refined. Or as HG would say, "bloody awful".
Family Music Store - http://familymusic.co.nz

Bg
Site Admin
Has liked: 2265 times
Been liked: 3910 times

Post by Bg »

good choice :)
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.