Anybody tried Bare Knuckle Single Coils?

Talk about your Burstbuckers and Seymour Duncans....

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

mr_sooty
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 178 times

Anybody tried Bare Knuckle Single Coils?

Post by mr_sooty »

After being completely blown away by the sound of the Rebel Yellers in Ninjas Les Paul (definitely the nicest sounding Les Paul I've heard), and being only 90% happy with the tone of my current 08 US Std Strat (so close), I'm considering trying some Bare Knuckles in the neck and middle for that extra 10% (totally happy with my current bridge pickup). Looking for Classic Strat tones, swaying more towards the bluesy, woody, organinc sort of tones that come out of the Road Worn Strats. I'm aware that new pickups may not get me what I want, and that I may ultimately have to change gats, but I'm really getting close tone-wise after a few tweaks. Seriously looking at the Mother's Milk ones, vintage but just a touch on the hot side. Anybody tried them or any other BKP single sets?

bender
Darth Fader
Has liked: 417 times
Been liked: 1016 times

Re: Anybody tried Bare Knuckle Single Coils?

Post by bender »

I've tried the Apache single coils and had to change my shorts. The sweetest sounding SC I've ever heard. Bar none.

mr_sooty
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 178 times

Post by mr_sooty »

Wow, big raps. Yeah, Apaches is another I'm considering. Mothers Milk are the front runners followed by Apaches.

bender
Darth Fader
Has liked: 417 times
Been liked: 1016 times

Post by bender »

In the back of my mind I still want to build a strat- just so I can put some of those in it.

All the BKPs I've tried blew my mind, even Ironbird's nailbomb sounds bloody good- and you know how far away from my usual tastes that is.

If I get some dosh all of a sudden I'd even consider replacing the Rio Grandes in my Robins with BKPs- possibly Mules.