Antiquity pups have arrived

Talk about your Burstbuckers and Seymour Duncans....

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

philipnz
PRS
PRS
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 37 times

Post by philipnz »

He posts here under the name Audio Zephyr
Never put down to malice what can adequately be explained by stupidity

porkpie
Stagg
Stagg

Post by porkpie »

The antiquitys are awesome pups, there was nothing wrong with my wiring or pots or the pickup, its just the way it is with my set.

The antiquitys have quite low output but bucket loads of mojo, they can be imported for very reasonable money, id never buy from a dealer here, a shop in CHCH wants $400 each for his set but i got mine for just aver $300 a PAIR including freight.

Ive never tryed burstbuckers but the 57 classics would be my next flavourite pick.

Bg
Site Admin
Has liked: 2268 times
Been liked: 3910 times

Post by Bg »

my 57's do it for me :)
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

GrantB
ADMIN
Has liked: 1362 times
Been liked: 2100 times

Post by GrantB »

porkpie, I used to use Stew Mac Golden Age 50's in my Les Paul (well still do for the neck) before the '57 was installed. These are supposed ot be close to the originals, as is the Antiquities. I actually think that's how original LP's sounded - lower power, most noticably on the the bridge (because we're all used to hearing a hot bridge p/up sound). I pulled out a recording the other day with the Golden Ages rockin and they sounded awesome - that lower output means that the amp is cranking harder and you do get a better mojo from the different dynamics. When comparing them to the '57 the '57 is very very hot (in terms of output etc).
"Man is the most insane species. He worships an invisible god and destroys a visible nature. Unaware that this nature he's destroying is this god he's worshipping." - Hubert Reeves

goldtop0
Squier
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 116 times

Post by goldtop0 »

You make a good point there UNIQUE,because in a lot of the old 50s LPs the bridge pup had the lower DC Resistance(say 7.6k) compared to 7.8 or so for the neck.
Doin' that scrapyard thing.