Best of the cheap pickups

Talk about your Burstbuckers and Seymour Duncans....

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

ash
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 5 times

Re: Best of the cheap pickups

Post by ash »

hamo wrote: DiMarzios tend to retail for around $170 each.
Not from me they don't!
http://ashcustomworks.com for custom built electric guitars hand made in new zealand

hamo
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 638 times
Been liked: 807 times

Post by hamo »

ash wrote:
hamo wrote: DiMarzios tend to retail for around $170 each.
Not from me they don't!
That is definitely something to bear in mind. 8)
Aquila Rosso wrote:I don't a mind an iced tea rimjob one little bit :congrats:
Molly wrote:Trousers are no substitute for talent
druz wrote:I present to you, the whogivesafuckocaster

slash-ed
Resident Gear Whore
Has liked: 97 times
Been liked: 424 times

Post by slash-ed »

Danrawks is selling a pair of V7/V8 for $100. I'm sure you could whittle a bit off if you went outside of TM ;) :lol:
Just a small town girl living in a lonely world

hamo
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 638 times
Been liked: 807 times

Post by hamo »

slash-ed wrote:Danrawks is selling a pair of V7/V8 for $100. I'm sure you could whittle a bit off if you went outside of TM ;) :lol:
Dude! I'm trying to learn my lesson and just get a better guitar! Stay on mission! :lol:
Aquila Rosso wrote:I don't a mind an iced tea rimjob one little bit :congrats:
Molly wrote:Trousers are no substitute for talent
druz wrote:I present to you, the whogivesafuckocaster

Starfire
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 243 times
Been liked: 598 times

Post by Starfire »

I've not heard much, if any, mention of these guys around here, but GuitarFetish in the USA make a whole heap of different pickups, similar to more well known brands, and of course some more unique ones too.
http://store.guitarfetish.com/pickups.html

They're extremely popular and folks rave about them, especially for value for money. They're very affordable. Only thing is though, if you're going to order from them, you're best to order a heap of stuff at once, because they like to charge what seems like an unnecessarily large amount for shipping. Probably not terrible shipping prices if you're ordering pickups, but when you just want to order a control plate or something and they want $20, it's a bit absurd.

That said, I've quite often ordered stuff from them, and it's usually here within 10 days.

Phildo
Resident Tyre Kicker

Post by Phildo »

danrawkz wrote:Rockfield is another brand I really like too, at $170 imported a set for every model they're really cheap. I can't wait until my Jackson is sorted and my Mafia's are installed into it.
Any update on this??? Im really keen to hear more peoples oppinions on these. They seem to get some ggreat reviews and the sound clips on the website are awesome, especially the SWC set. 8)

Edit: And where do you import them from for that price?
I cannot brain today, I have the dumb.

danrawkz
PRS
PRS
Been liked: 1 time

Post by danrawkz »

Phildo wrote:
danrawkz wrote:Rockfield is another brand I really like too, at $170 imported a set for every model they're really cheap. I can't wait until my Jackson is sorted and my Mafia's are installed into it.
Any update on this??? Im really keen to hear more peoples oppinions on these. They seem to get some ggreat reviews and the sound clips on the website are awesome, especially the SWC set. 8)

Edit: And where do you import them from for that price?
The Jackson is getting refinished by Ash atm, so I don't know exactly what time it'll all be sorted. HOWEVER my First Act has the exact Rockfield SWC's in it :P, and they sound awesome.. The best match I've found for the guitar so far and I've tried and shopped around with some SD's and stuff which I didn't really like, but the SWC's sound great. I can't see me changing them out any time soon.

I get them from eBay as usual, from this shop: http://shop.ebay.com/rt-62-music/m.html ... =0&bkBtn=1

I've had the Rockfield Fat Ass set too which I sold with my Ibanez (which I also really liked), I would have saved them if I had a use for them..

slash-ed
Resident Gear Whore
Has liked: 97 times
Been liked: 424 times

Post by slash-ed »

On the flip side I didn't care for the Rockfield Mafias at all. I got a set from the Mock and put it in a Jackson Dinky, slight improvement over the arse EMG HZ H3s, but nothing to shout about.
Just a small town girl living in a lonely world

danrawkz
PRS
PRS
Been liked: 1 time

Post by danrawkz »

To me, all the Rockfields just have an underlying clarity to them none of the SD's I've owned really had. Maybe it's just the amps we're playing through.