Pickup options for a Maton MS500

Talk about your Burstbuckers and Seymour Duncans....

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

Jimmy V
Fender
Fender
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl

Pickup options for a Maton MS500

Post by Jimmy V »

I've recently been looking at modding my Maton MS500 and have been looking at pickup options because the stock bridge picukup really is quite mud. Has anyone got/had an MS500 and upgraded the bridge pickup?

I'm after versatility so I can go heavy if I want to (rare) but predominantly looking for something that will help me find a good sound for garage/blues/folk. The guitar has the coil split switch so ideally, I'm also looking for something that sounds good if split. The Maton pickups are a strange size too so I'm not sure what will fit and what wont. Any ideas? Thanks in advance! :)
Man, I love me some Grove.

robnobcorncob
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 122 times
Been liked: 103 times

Re: Pickup options for a Maton MS500

Post by robnobcorncob »

Maybe email Maton about the possibility of getting a replacement pickguard from another mastersound series guitar. Some of their guitars have 2 regular sized humbuckers instead of the weird Maton pickups. That'd be the easiest way to get around the pickup size/shape problem. Or you could just trace it and make a new one 8)

Jimmy V
Fender
Fender

Post by Jimmy V »

Yeah I thought about that but I read somewhere that they cost about $120 or something ridiculous.

Jimmy V
Fender
Fender

Post by Jimmy V »

After a tonne of research I might go for a Seymour Duncan SH-4 JB