What's a good pickup for a P-Bass

Talk about your Burstbuckers and Seymour Duncans....

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

snitchez
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 36 times

Re: What's a good pickup for a P-Bass

Post by snitchez »

Timi wrote:More dredging, but I just wanted to say thanks to Tony for putting up those samples of the Nords and QPs. Less difference that I thought there would be, often the case with pickups....

I am putting together a P Bass and those are the two pickups I am considering. Got Nordstrands in my Jazz but I'm not sure about them in a P, I appreciate the classic P tone but I think a slightly more modern take on that would suit me better. I've had QPs in a P before and remember liking it, but feel free to talk me into something else, modern but not too modern, passive of course.

Just gotta choose between alder or ash now.....

I know this is about P basses, but if anyone is interested here is a direct sound sample I made comparing some Jazz pickups. MIM, Rio Grande (Muy Grandes) and Norstrand somethings (the classic single coil ones).
http://soundcloud.com/timi-1/jazz-pickups
get kev77 to put up clips on the rio grande. i would go for them after seymour duncan antiquities.

Timi
Gibson

Re: What's a good pickup for a P-Bass

Post by Timi »

Ordered Quater Pounders.... I've had them and liked them before, plus good value for money and fairly easy to sell if I decide to change them later on.