Tonerider Pickups

Talk about your Burstbuckers and Seymour Duncans....

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

crushing day
The Mystical Potato Head
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl

Tonerider Pickups

Post by crushing day »

Just to let you all know that we are now carrying Tonerider Pickups from the UK.

http://www.tonerider.com

I've just received the first shipment of Strat and Tele sets, plus some P Bass sets as well. I should have Humbuckers and P90's in the new year, when they have more available.

http://www.guitarparts.co.nz/cart/Resul ... ategory=20

http://www.guitarparts.co.nz/cart/Resul ... ategory=21

They are manufactured at Tonerider's facility in China, from USA, Japanese, and Chinese components. First impressions are that they look great and are really well made, especially when you consider the price.. $159.00 for any Strat set, and $129.00 for any Tele set (nickel silver cover on the tele neck pickups as well). These are most definitely not 'budget' parts. Hopefully i can get a set of 'City Limits' in one of my guitars sometime soon :)

NZG discount also applies :)
what we've got here is failure to communicate... some men you just can't reach

willow13
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Location: If less is more then just think how much more more is
Has liked: 372 times
Been liked: 634 times

Re: Tonerider Pickups

Post by willow13 »

good to see someone stocking them again

I have a classic blues set and a generator zebra and am pretty happy with them......they won't have you throwing out your duncans or bareknuckles but they are a good up grade from crappy chinese/korean etc ones
If Less is More Then Just Think How Much More More would be

rocklander
no offense, but I'm not a guitarist

Post by rocklander »

yup, I've got the HB sized p90s in my tokai... love 'em!
Some Bozo wrote:dogs represent the qualities we like to see in a friend, and cats represent the qualites we'd like to be able to get away with in ourselves :D
.__
. __\___
. _____D)
. __)
. __)
.__)pull my finger

stagepass

Vorbis
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Vorbis »

Yep, I've had a Strat set and it's a good upgrade pickup if you cant stretch to $300+ for a set.
She told me baby when you race today just take along my love with you, and if ya knew how much I love you baby, nothin' could go wrong with you.

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Has liked: 7746 times
Been liked: 4187 times

Post by jeremyb »

Wow thats hot pricing!!
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

IkeKrull
Ashton
Ashton

Post by IkeKrull »

I still have toneriders in my guitar - a humbucker-sized P90 in the neck and a generator in the bridge. Can't complain about the sound, these are really nice pickups IMHO.

Timi
Gibson

Post by Timi »

Anyone tried the P Bass ones?

Timi
Gibson

Post by Timi »

Guess not. Can't find much online about them at all :cry:

willow13
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by willow13 »

I have just put the generator into my radian V and am very very pleased with the results......it use to have a nailbomb in it but I like this sound a bit better

Timi
Gibson

Post by Timi »

So although "better" is subjective, you have found them to be on par with high end brands?

robnobcorncob
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 122 times
Been liked: 103 times

Post by robnobcorncob »

willow13 wrote:I have just put the generator into my radian V and am very very pleased with the results......it use to have a nailbomb in it but I like this sound a bit better
I never liked the bareknuckle Nailbomb I tried. Was a let down after all the hype I'd heard about it. Maybe it was just in the wrong guitar? (Danextslash's Carvtin CT6) I loved the bareknuckle Crawler set I had in my PRS though. Really want some more to put in my Les Paul to see how they'd sound.

I'm keen to see what the Toneriders are like!

Ironbird13
"Resident Cyborg" or something

Post by Ironbird13 »

robnobcorncob wrote:
willow13 wrote:I have just put the generator into my radian V and am very very pleased with the results......it use to have a nailbomb in it but I like this sound a bit better
I never liked the bareknuckle Nailbomb I tried. Was a let down after all the hype I'd heard about it. Maybe it was just in the wrong guitar? (Danextslash's Carvtin CT6) I loved the bareknuckle Crawler set I had in my PRS though. Really want some more to put in my Les Paul to see how they'd sound.

i seem to be the only one around here that likes the Nailbomb :(
Hurdy Gurdy.... some how... and I'm not entirely certain how mind you, an instrument that sounds like someone has shoved a nest of angry hornets into a goose with a kazoo bill and is randomly slapping the poor creature with an accordion.... Sounds amazing.

willow13
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by willow13 »

Timi wrote:So although "better" is subjective, you have found them to be on par with high end brands?
well hard to say really because I have the nailbomb in my snakeskin (sapele body) guitar and it is absolutely awesome.....but the tonerider just has a sound in the V (mahogany) that is where I want it at this time. It's really pretty hard to say on par/better/worse....but they do stand up next to the knuckles, duncans and dimarzio's i'm running as well (I am running a podxt into a blackstar so it is a pretty hot metal setup, so a lot of the little subtle things are kind of lost)

Its safe to say the Riders are a lot better than their price would suggest....I just wish they did a quarter pound clone in white :lol:
Ironbird13 wrote:i seem to be the only one around here that likes the Nailbomb :(
No I love it, but its found a better home in the snake

Ironbird13
"Resident Cyborg" or something

Post by Ironbird13 »

willow13 wrote: Ironbird13 wrote:i seem to be the only one around here that likes the Nailbomb :(

No I love it, but its found a better home in the snake
so just out of curiosity, and trying to figure out what to put in my V, how did the Nailbomb sound in it? if you can explain :wink:
Hurdy Gurdy.... some how... and I'm not entirely certain how mind you, an instrument that sounds like someone has shoved a nest of angry hornets into a goose with a kazoo bill and is randomly slapping the poor creature with an accordion.... Sounds amazing.

robnobcorncob
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 122 times
Been liked: 103 times

Post by robnobcorncob »

Ironbird13 wrote:
robnobcorncob wrote:

i seem to be the only one around here that likes the Nailbomb :(
I remember liking the one in your guitar. Are there both ceramic and alnico nailbombs on the market? Maybe I've played one of each...