Just ordered new Pickups for my Les Paul.......

Talk about your Burstbuckers and Seymour Duncans....

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

Voxshall
Gibson
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 144 times
Been liked: 273 times

Re: Just ordered new Pickups for my Les Paul.......

Post by Voxshall »

Ironbird13 wrote:so do you tell it..."your a pickup, your not a fridge magnet".... :mrgreen:
:lol:

GrantB
ADMIN
Has liked: 1362 times
Been liked: 2100 times

Post by GrantB »

Apparently my Zhangbuckers ship this week. By the time they get here I may have nothing I want to put them in :?
Last edited by GrantB on Tue Apr 26, 2011 10:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: I am retarded at typing.
"Man is the most insane species. He worships an invisible god and destroys a visible nature. Unaware that this nature he's destroying is this god he's worshipping." - Hubert Reeves

Zaulkin
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 740 times
Been liked: 512 times

Post by Zaulkin »

*UNIQUE* wrote:Apparently my Zhangbuckers ship this week. By the time they get here I may have nothing I want to put them in :?
It's okay, you've got 6 months or so to figure out those details while they get broken in.

GrantB
ADMIN

Post by GrantB »

Zaulkin wrote:
*UNIQUE* wrote:Apparently my Zhangbuckers ship this week. By the time they get here I may have nothing I want to put them in :?
It's okay, you've got 6 months or so to figure out those details while they get broken in.
Don't I need to play them for those 6 months to vibrate the...the...bits?
"Man is the most insane species. He worships an invisible god and destroys a visible nature. Unaware that this nature he's destroying is this god he's worshipping." - Hubert Reeves

Zaulkin
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 740 times
Been liked: 512 times

Post by Zaulkin »

*UNIQUE* wrote:
Zaulkin wrote:
Oh yeah. vibrate that zhang!

Voxshall
Gibson

Post by Voxshall »

Exciting mine were shipped from the U.S and arrived Priority mail very quickly. Let us know how they go.

willow13
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Location: If less is more then just think how much more more is
Has liked: 372 times
Been liked: 634 times

Post by willow13 »

*UNIQUE* wrote:
Zaulkin wrote:
stick um on the side of the washing machine while the missus is doing a load....that should be around 6 months worth of playing....Down side is it will slow down this
Ironbird13 wrote:so do you tell it..."your a pickup, your not a fridge magnet".... :mrgreen:
If Less is More Then Just Think How Much More More would be

Ironbird13
"Resident Cyborg" or something

Post by Ironbird13 »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hurdy Gurdy.... some how... and I'm not entirely certain how mind you, an instrument that sounds like someone has shoved a nest of angry hornets into a goose with a kazoo bill and is randomly slapping the poor creature with an accordion.... Sounds amazing.

Voxshall
Gibson

Post by Voxshall »

I previously stated no one knows why these pickups and PAF's break in, but the other day I found this http://www.mylespaul.com/forums/pick...l-2-break.html the maker of the pickups Dave explains why he thinks they do it on page 3.

slash-ed
Resident Gear Whore
Has liked: 97 times
Been liked: 424 times

Post by slash-ed »

Hey man, so did you ever record the "after" tone clips? Also, the link doesn't work.
Just a small town girl living in a lonely world

GrantB
ADMIN

Post by GrantB »

Not sure about the OP, but I've had my Zhang's in for about 3 weeks or so...yikes, how to make you hear all your mistakes! These are CLEAR...I mean crystal clear. They ring out like a bell and have a very pleasing honk factor missing in the Classic 57's. I haven't put the covers on yet but might do, take a hair off the top end. And I'm using 300k on the bridge vol. I imagine they'd be bright without that.

sizzlingbadger
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1210 times
Been liked: 1401 times

Post by sizzlingbadger »

Have you ever tried Bill Lawrence L500 pickups ? they are apparently crystal clear and show up all your picking faults too. The reason I ask is I have a set and was thinking of giving them a go in my '91 LP Standard which currently has SD Slash sigs in it. I can't make my mind up about the Slash pups to be honest.

I guess I'll have to try them one day but I'm sick of swapping pups in and out at the moment.
Tube amp and guitar tones straight from 1958… amazing how believable the sounds were back then, even without the modellers...

willow13
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by willow13 »

*UNIQUE* wrote:Not sure about the OP, but I've had my Zhang's in for about 3 weeks or so...yikes, how to make you hear all your mistakes! These are CLEAR...I mean crystal clear. They ring out like a bell and have a very pleasing honk factor missing in the Classic 57's. I haven't put the covers on yet but might do, take a hair off the top end. And I'm using 300k on the bridge vol. I imagine they'd be bright without that.
so is this mystery changing of tone from minute to minute happened with yours grant??

willow13
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by willow13 »

sizzlingbadger wrote:Have you ever tried Bill Lawrence L500 pickups ? they are apparently crystal clear and show up all your picking faults too. The reason I ask is I have a set and was thinking of giving them a go in my '91 LP Standard which currently has SD Slash sigs in it. I can't make my mind up about the Slash pups to be honest.

I guess I'll have to try them one day but I'm sick of swapping pups in and out at the moment.
I have had a lot of the BL l500xl over the years and I haven't noticed them being much clearer than duncans. They are cleaner/clearer but it isn't night and day stuff. I have always looked at the as being somewhere between a JB and emg's

sizzlingbadger
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1210 times
Been liked: 1401 times

Post by sizzlingbadger »

Thanks for that, I may give them a go shortly.
Tube amp and guitar tones straight from 1958… amazing how believable the sounds were back then, even without the modellers...