Let's talk about Lace Sensors

Talk about your Burstbuckers and Seymour Duncans....

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

slash-ed
Resident Gear Whore
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 97 times
Been liked: 424 times

Re: Let's talk about Lace Sensors

Post by slash-ed »

What model of Lace though?

That's kinda like saying, I had a Seymour Duncan once, and it sounded like X. All Seymour Duncans thusly sound like X.

:P
Just a small town girl living in a lonely world

mr_sooty
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 178 times

Post by mr_sooty »

slash-ed wrote:I must admit to being rather impressed by this clip:
Pickups sound great, the guy playing them needs to loosen up a bit though!

Kloppsta
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 84 times
Been liked: 93 times

Post by Kloppsta »

slash-ed wrote:Thanks dude.

Apparently the new Hot Golds are supposed to be better than the original Gold. I may just have to take a punt on the set, seeing as they're $220 (probably an introductory offer?) on TM vs $300ish for Duncans or similar.
no worries, $220 is a pretty deace price for a set. although i would keep an eye on ebay too....they often sell for about $140 - $200 NZD landed for a new set. but i think its claytone that brings them in here, so i guess its nice to support locals if you can :) havent heard the hot golds in person but demos sounds nice. the original golds that i had didnt sound bad or anything....just not "hot" enough for what i was playing at the time, so i guess the "hot golds" may be the ticket! i may have a set of red, silver, blue's for sale in a few weeks for about $180 if you wanted to give those a crack. its a set i have in a el cheapo strat copy but im giving the guitar to my nephew to play around on so ill be putting in the original pickups and wont have a guitar to put the lace's in. or if you wanted a complete package - http://www.trademe.co.nz/music-instrume ... 091210.htm :wink: :D
Little by little, by hook or by crook

slash-ed
Resident Gear Whore

Post by slash-ed »

Cheers for the offer dude! But the RGB set (or whatever colours they are) sound a bit too modern/not single coil enough for what I want for this project.

Rog
The Self-Proclaimed Voice of Reason
Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 66 times

Post by Rog »

Ed, I'm hoping to make it to the next Welly GF and if I do, I'll bring my Strat. That's kitted out with yet another possible way to go ~ Bill Lawrence noiseless pups. You might not like their non-stratiness, but at least you'll be more informed about what kind of sound they give for future projects and we all know there will be future projects, don't we. :D
He hit a chord that rocked the spinet and disappeared into the infinite ...

Hot_Grits
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 5 times

Post by Hot_Grits »

Spectrum, eh? what colour?

On topic: I can't recommend you lace sensors in good conscience. But Unique's advice is probably on the money: the more clinical-sounding the rest of chain, the more sterile/80s the laces will sound.
jeremyb wrote: Is it true about the bum sex before marriage thing being ok?

slash-ed
Resident Gear Whore

Post by slash-ed »

The Spectrum is plain black, though I have dreams of one day getting ash to refin in Seafoam Green :)

The stock pickups are so shit, it's unbelievable. The variable mid boost system is fun for about 5 minutes :lol:

CJ
Ashton
Ashton

Post by CJ »

Hot_Grits wrote: But Unique's advice is probably on the money: the more clinical-sounding the rest of chain, the more sterile/80s the laces will sound.
I was going to say that I have the B - S - R combination and say that I'm completely happy with the sound. Hot_grits reference to Unique's comment made me think that I am lucky that my amp sounds pretty good with any pickup as far as I'm concerned.
The Red however does have its own sound and although you can get the spanky sounds with it you can't seem to get that thin jangly sound.
I didn't get where I am today by understanding humour.......

Vorbis
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Vorbis »

Zaulkin wrote:I had some lace sensors once. Would describe them the same way Pakehendrix did - Not quite single coily but not quite rail sounding. They have that single coil clang that everybody wants, but its still different.

Best SC tone I had was from a shitty unbranded pickup in a korean squier. Wish I hadn't messed with it so much haha.
Shitty ceramic sc's are bloody brilliant...so +1 to this.
She told me baby when you race today just take along my love with you, and if ya knew how much I love you baby, nothin' could go wrong with you.

Bg
Site Admin
Has liked: 2269 times
Been liked: 3917 times

Post by Bg »

I have 3 sets of shitty ceramics if anyone wants to flick me 400 bucks a set.....

Not a big fan of lace sensors, though I do like the kent Armstrong/sky a-likes
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

Vorbis
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Vorbis »

BG wrote:I have 3 sets of shitty ceramics if anyone wants to flick me 400 bucks a set.....

The KA's must wholesale for what...$30 a piece...so proof you don't have to pay,or buy into the "it's only good if it costs a weeks wages" mentality.
She told me baby when you race today just take along my love with you, and if ya knew how much I love you baby, nothin' could go wrong with you.

Vorbis
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Vorbis »

Cloth wire and pretty Ariel script on a cover doth not agreat pickup make.

Now, what was the question, Ed?

Bg
Site Admin
Has liked: 2269 times
Been liked: 3917 times

Post by Bg »

Vorbis wrote:
BG wrote:I have 3 sets of shitty ceramics if anyone wants to flick me 400 bucks a set.....

The KA's must wholesale for what...$30 a piece...so proof you don't have to pay,or buy into the "it's only good if it costs a weeks wages" mentality.
Fully agree, however I have one of their hot rail a likes that's a bit shit...
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

Zaulkin
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 740 times
Been liked: 512 times

Post by Zaulkin »

slash-ed wrote:What model of Lace though?

That's kinda like saying, I had a Seymour Duncan once, and it sounded like X. All Seymour Duncans thusly sound like X.

:P
Mine were a Blue/Silver/Red set I think.

rickenbackerkid
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 209 times
Been liked: 662 times

Post by rickenbackerkid »

I have an old black lace sensor, any idea what those ones sound like? I've never seen one before, and I've never tried it out.