Jimmy Page pickup wiring

Talk about your Burstbuckers and Seymour Duncans....

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 7744 times
Been liked: 4187 times

Re: Jimmy Page pickup wiring

Post by jeremyb »

Edward wrote:Whaaaaaa? This is enough to have a man climbing the walls. I will pm him & see if anything still floating around.
They still have some, I know that for certain ;)

And a bit of google cache hunting...

EDWARDS E-LP-125ALS - DARK CHERRY SUNBURST - (JAPAN). $2,199.00
EDWARDS E-LP-92SD - VINTAGE HONEY BURST - (JAPAN). $1,699.00
EDWARDS E-SA-125LTS - CHERRY RED - (JAPAN). $2,399.00
EDWARDS E-LP-92CD - SNOW WHITE - (JAPAN). $1,799.00
EDWARDS E-LP-92SD - CHERRY SUNBURST - (JAPAN). $1,699.00
EDWARDS E-LP-125ALC - BLACK - (JAPAN). $2,099.00

There was a goldtop floating around as well from memory :)
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs

Post by jeremyb »

Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

Edwards
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Edwards »

jeremyb wrote:Got GAS for this bad boy: http://www.espguitars.co.jp/edwards/lp/E-LP-92SD.html
You will never regret it. I have a E-LP-92CD.

Is that list one that you had from the RS at some stage? prices look ok, doesn't look like much more than what it costs to bring them in, especially as customs charge you duty & Gst on the total incl shipping.
ESP Edwards Jimmy Page Les Paul / ESP Eclipse > Rivera Quiana 212
We are the Christians that the devil warned you about

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs

Post by jeremyb »

Nah got the numbers from googles cache of the rockshop site from when they had them online ;)

druz15
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 56 times

Post by druz15 »

I have to say the out of phase sound is very tasty and very useable, having installed it in my Greco when the BKPs went in. Great for funky stuff as well as adding a bit of chime and jangle to cleans, and a weird kind of filtery sound to lead tones. Slight volume drop obviously but nothing devastatingly obvious when you're playing with a band
BG wrote:I don't care if you worship god or you worship goats cocks

Edwards
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Edwards »

druz15 wrote:I have to say the out of phase sound is very tasty and very useable, having installed it in my Greco when the BKPs went in. Great for funky stuff as well as adding a bit of chime and jangle to cleans, and a weird kind of filtery sound to lead tones. Slight volume drop obviously but nothing devastatingly obvious when you're playing with a band

Tonemaker
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Tonemaker »

Whats the difference in a Tokai, Edwards and a Burny (same model type/level such as std or custom)?
I had a dream last night, that everything I have got replaced with an exact replica.... (Steven Wright)

Edwards
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Edwards »

Others will most likely know more than me about this.
All were made in Japan, except now Tokai are made in Japan & China. The new Tokai's on Trademe are the Chinese ones; there are still new MIJ Tokai's on ebay.
Most of the Burny's that turn up here in NZ are older ones, amazingly though I saw some new MIJ ones on ebay, didn't even know they were still being made. There would be Burny experts on here I would think. There were some models that had a pickup that is quite desirable (VH or something like that).
Basically the Japanese took the Gibson Les Pauls (and strats in the case of Tokai) and did high quality copies of them. Some say these copies are just as good or better than the originals, but that is a debate that would go on forever so best not to open up that can.
Edwards are made by ESP in Japan, the LP's have a 1959 neck profile, long tenon neck joint (usually only found on higher end Gibson LP's) Seymour Duncan pickups, Gotoh hardware, bone nut, etc etc - in other words, imho, you get a great package for your money, a well built guitar with good pickups & hardware.
Not all Tokai's have the long tenon joint. No idea if Burny's have a long tenon joint.
Greco, Orville, and Fujijen are the other well known similar MIJ alternatives.

As you can see I know more about the Edwards, others would need to fill in gaps or correct info about the Burny and Tokai.

Edwards
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Edwards »

Tonemaker wrote:Whats the difference in a Tokai, Edwards and a Burny (same model type/level such as std or custom)?
Here's an interesting article I am just reading, that will shed more light on the whole MIJ Les Paul phenomenon.
http://pickroar.com/504/edwards-e-lp-98lts-review/

And this is what happens when you stay up late reading guitar stuff: sound sample comparisons of Gibson & MIJ Les Paul.
http://www.petelacis.com/2008/11/05/gib ... aul-lp130/